Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

82 NFC Championship game plan

Henry

Ok, since there been such an overwhelming interest from the board in copies of this tape (I feel SO popular! biggrin.gif), Buddha and I have come up with a plan:

Anyone who's interested email me his (or her) address and I'll set up a 'tape chain.' I'll send Buddha a copy of the game and he'll make a copy for the next guy on the list. And so on. And so on. It's a good clean copy, so I don't think they'll be any quality issues. Besides, it will take me forever to personally make enough copies for everyone.

I'm not asking for a blank tape and postage, as whoever gets the tape to will have to pay that for the next guy anyway (and the last guy has to wait the longest.)

Is this ok with everyone or would you all rather wait awhile for a first generation copy?

Henry... if at all possible, could I get in on this too? The last copy I had of that game was a lousy Beta-Max copy that died with the old machine.

I'd be more than happy to pay for whatever the cost is of a first generation copy and would happily wait as long as necessary.

[edited.gif by Blade on November 14, 2001.]

I think you'd find that after about 2 or 3 generations you WOULD have some quality issues with both the audio and video.

What might work better would be to get that tape on a computer while it's still in good shape and burn CDs (or DVDs) to disperse. Even if it takes a number of CDs it would be worthwhile. Faster, better quality, still cheap.

Just a thought.

The game was almost 20 years ago. I would be more than happy to wait for a first generation copy. But whatever we decide, works for me. I don't have the game now, so any would be better than none.

------------------

"He has a confidence born of demonstrated ability."

Ok. forget the tape chain. smile.gif I'll send them out as best as I can.

I did break down and find out where my wife got it. If you want, email me and I'll send you that information. I'm sure you'll get a better quality copy quicker that way, but it will most likely cost ya.

Otherwise, please be patient.

------------------

"Men, there's nothing to get excited about. The situation is normal; we are surrounded."

Archived