Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saudi Arabia - "Al-Qaida is backed by Israel and Zionism.”

Destino

By Lisa Myers

Senior investigative correspondent

NBC News

Updated: 7:56 p.m. ET June 15, 2004Last month, an attack on contractors at the Saudi oil facility in Yanbu killed six Westerners, two of them Americans. Senior Saudi officials told the world al-Qaida terrorists were to blame and al-Qaida claimed responsibility.

But tape obtained by NBC News reveals that, inside Saudi Arabia, on Saudi television, Crown Prince Abdullah told a strikingly different story about who was to blame.

NBC News translated Abdullah's remarks from Arabic: “Zionism is behind it. It has become clear now. It has become clear to us. I don’t say, I mean... It is not 100 percent, but 95 percent that the Zionist hands are behind what happened.”

Other senior Saudi officials reaffirmed the claim that supporters of Israel — Zionists — were behind the terror attacks.

Prince Nayef, the Saudi Interior Minister said, “Al-Qaida is backed by Israel and Zionism.”

Some call this dangerous Saudi doubletalk. “The crown prince’s statements are inflammatory and irresponsible,” said Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine. “On the one hand they say reassuring words to American leaders, but on the other hand they spout inflammatory anti-Semitic rhetoric for their domestic population.”

Monday, a report by the prestigious Council on Foreign Relations said such statements undermine efforts to “change the mindset that foments extremism” and undercut otherwise “significant improvement” in Saudi efforts against al-Qaida.

For example, in the last year, the Saudis have waged sometimes daily gun battles against al-Qaida cells, passed new anti-terror financing laws and cracked down on charities helping fund bin Laden.

But the report complains that members of the Saudi elite who’ve allegedly financed al Qaida remain free and unpunished, including Yassin al Qadi — specially designated as a “global terrorist” by the U.S. Treasury Department.

According to William Wechsler, former National Security Council member and co-author of the Council on Foreign Relations report, “They have yet to arrest or incarcerate anybody publicly. And if you don’t take those actions then you can’t have deterrence.”

<a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5218227/"> MSNBC </a>

And the export of terrorism continues from our allies in the war on terror.

Originally posted by Henry

When in doubt, blame Israel.

Change Israel to Jews, and you're spot-on.

Sadly.

I even had a guy at work try to compare Sharon to Hitler, of course, ignoring that there are 1 million Arab citizens of Israel who aren't being herded onto cattle cars or even living in "occupied territories."

Saudi IS the problem with terrorism. I've been preaching this for a long time. If we EVER want to win this war, we must stop their teachings of anti-Israel and America in their mosques. We, continue to turn a blind eye to the house of Saud and allow them to continue their practice as long as they are giving us both money and oil. A backhanded way of doing business if you ask me.

One of the facts which I have been unable to find out is the amount of Saudi money in the US economy. Supposedly Moore says it's $860Billion, about 6% of the US economy. I would like to know what the number is and if it is true.

Archived