Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengals sign Darryl Gardner...Kffl....(not sure how old this info is?)

michael_33

Bengals | Gardener Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 29 May 2004 10:07:57 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports two sources outside of Denver have confirmed that the Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to terms with free agent DT Daryl Gardener (Broncos) on a four-year deal worth $9.3 million.

Originally posted by Hobo

put him alongside Griffin, that would be an awesome duo right there, yes he has his problems and many of you would say isnt a Gibbs guy, but he showed great heart when he was here.

He showed "great heart" when he was here because he had only a 1 year deal at the NFL vet minimum, and he was playing hard to try to get a long term deal

Lucky for the Redskins, Dan Snyder didn't bite, offering him a deal that had incentives to stay healthy, which he wouldn't take, so off to Denver he went, where after signing a 6 year, $30 million dollar deal, he barely played at all

I have to agree with the posters above, he more that likely won't be playing when we play them this season

We have no ideal what are D line will be like. There is no need to think Gardner could help us. He could have been a Redskin if he wanted to. I think he's damaged goods the Bengals will be his 4th team in 4 years so there has to be a problem somewhere?? He plays when he wants to or when he has to earn a contract.

Marvin Lewis will have him playing like he did when they both were here two years ago. The Hogfest game just got more interesting with a former coach & now our former defence MVP returning to face Buge's new Hoggs. Now all I need is to find a ticket for that game.

So you guys wouldn't have signed Gardener to a 4 year, $10 million contract last year?

I realize he was going for the big payday, but that is not much for a D Lineman who has the potential to be as disruptive as DG.

I think Cincinnati is getting a deal.

I don't know if anyone caught the ESPN article a few weeks ago that released the names of a bunch of athletes connected with the BALCO drug lab.

Darryl Gardner was on that list of players, along with Romo sits to pee and a few other football players. He may be up for a suspension in the upcoming season, which might be another reason the skins didn't pursue him. It would explain why the FO ruled Gardner out from the beginning of the free agency period, even at a cheap price. Smart move by the FO, if this BALCO scandal unfolds to indict Gardner.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Joe, I think the thing with Gardener is that he is so unstable and you have no clue what he is going to do.

Darryl Gardener has one agenda-- what is best for Darryl Gardener.

I thought he was a monster when he played here in 2002 but I seriously doubt we would get the 2002 version of DG. The carrot was out and he was after it and got it. Good for him. On this Redskins team though a DG simply does not fit

Originally posted by VT Shockoe Joe

So you guys wouldn't have signed Gardener to a 4 year, $10 million contract last year?

I realize he was going for the big payday, but that is not much for a D Lineman who has the potential to be as disruptive as DG.

I think Cincinnati is getting a deal.

We would have LOVED to sign him to a deal like that last year no doubt

But the problem was that Gardener wanted more

Archived