Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Camp Report from the Post

Henry

Wow,

isn't great to have articles that say something?

From the quotes page from the marty:

Q: Who benefits most in the defensive backfield now that Deion Sanders is retired?

A: I think there's any number of players who are going to have a chance to compete to be starters for us. Donovan Greer and Darrell [Green] will compete on that side, and the young [Central] McClellion kid has shown some coverage skills in the brief time he's been here.

Anyone notice who's missing?

-DB

Actually Om, i was thinking of smoot whose absence is a bit more noteworthy due to his anti-stealth nature as gbear sais.

Lloyd has really dropped below radar again, but don't worry that you'll never see him again. we will see him next year before training camp.

-DB

That pic of Snyder talking to Marty looks like it might provide a couple of nice variations for our coach and owner icons.

Anything beats that current Marty image we have. For me, the current Marty image in that hectoring pose is merging with my mental image of Art (based on his web personality) until the two have become hopelessy tangled into one.

And the Snyder image we use is too much reminiscent of his early, pre-Marty, active owner personna.

The W. Post image (Marty's doing the talking) gives him that smooth, 'my hands are off, but I'm still the boss' look that's so 21st century.

biggrin.gif

Just looked at the pic. Someone tell me The Dan hasn't been watching the Sopranos, and maybe even laying off the alfredo sauce.

Agree w/ Terry over the coach icon, and in fact mentioned it to Blade as well. Yeah, it's self-serving, I realize, but come on ... this stuff matters. smile.gif

Check out the Marty pic on the www.redskins.com site today. smile.gif

When i saw that picture i saw the same thing. That marty picture in the post should go down in history as a classic! But Om, your link doesn't go to a marty pic! You're like those hicks in Louisiana who take down the roadsigns so that the yanks won't bew able to find their way during a second civil war!

anyway someone needs to make the pic of schotty in the hat and snyder into icons, they are too funny!

-DB

[edited.gif by DrunkenBoxer on July 30, 2001.]

hmmm.... I assumed Henry's link pointed to the same article I was discussing.

To clear the confusion, here's the link to a great picture of Marty and his Florida retiree look, and Snyder and his wise guy look.

Check This Out

[edited.gif by Terry on July 30, 2001.]

Lloyd Harrison should have been in the Special Teams guy face from the beginning volunteering to return punts.

He should know none of his coaches are here and has to realy bust butt.

------------------

Dave

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but the closest I've ever come to being called a Hick was my stint as former Benchwarmer Skip. I might have spent some time in bucolic Blacksburg, soaking up the local culture (and various other things), but I steadfastly and resolutely maintain that I have retained the entirety of my suave, sophisticated and urbane aspect.

That it is in fact the entirety, perhaps, may well be the crux of the conundrum, but that's better left alone ...

Ahem.

The fact is the Marty pic WAS there this morning. Really. Seems our friends at Redskins.com changed up their cover story on me in the last few hours. The pic was great. I swear. Truth.

Lord, let the games begin.

cool.gif

Archived