Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins having a good time in locker room.

All In

It's good to see that they really like each other. Doesn't seem to be much negativity hanging around especially after the Dallas loss.

From the Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20011207-88358960.htm

Here's a qoute. I saw it on TV. Maybe we'll see it this weekend on some of the Redskins pregame shows...

Smoot lay across the bench, head buried in a towel in a fruitless quest for rest. The long season wears on rookies, and Smoot seemed weary.

"I try to give him a nap everyday," cornerback Darrell Green said jokingly.

Smoot yawned and arose, looking to his mentor for direction.

"Get your coloring books and notebooks," Green said. "No, put your stuff in the locker and we'll go out to recess."

I really think the best strategy here for the Redskins is to be unpredictable and come out and throw the football some in the first quarter to loosen up the Cardinals defense and THEN hammer Davis as we get yardage and field position.

The worst beginning for the Redskins is to get stuffed in the run with conservative playcalling early, allowing the Cardinals to get the ball and move it after a couple of 3 and out drives for us.

It is imperative we get the early lead and make Plummer beat Smoot and Bailey to win the game.

That is playing to OUR strengths.

I hope Marty sees that we can't play this one the way the we played the Denver and Philly games, resting on the defense to win the game for us.

We are going to have to score some points along the way, maybe into the mid-high 20's to win.

That is going to require taking some risks with Banks or Graham if Banks is not able to go the entire game because of his ankle.

And that is another concern. Without the weapon of his greater mobility, I can't see where Banks is a better choice here than Graham.

Kent is used to playing in this stadium and has payback to the Cards for having released him.

If I were Marty I would not hesitate to replace Banks if he struggles early on.

out of all the player we have drafted in recent years, I think Smoot may be the one that has the most confidence in himself and will do fine with or without Green there.

Unlike LaVar who needed some emotional maturity and Chris Samuels who needed to become a more fiery and demonstrative player, Smoot seems ideally suited to the pro game in terms of temperment.

I say establish the run first.

We fell i love with dinking and dunking in the first half last week and we saw where that got us.

If we are going to throwmake sure it the stretching the defense type of passes.

------------------

Take A Sip of the Marty KoolAid and Believe.

Archived