Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East ressurgence......in 2002...

NoCalMike

Well, The Eagles will contend, the Giants aren't bad, the Cardinals are gone, and the Skins and 'Boys definately have seemed to improve this season. Of course there are still many question marks on all the teams in the east, but it seems at least there has been some progression towards some light at the end of the tunnel..

Guest fuji869

Just like from the mid 80's and early 90's when the NFC East won 7 out of 10 Super Bowls, including a run of 4 Straight (even though they were against Buffalo).

I don't see it being that dominant again but it could be a tuff division that makes the team(s) they send to the playoffs battle ready! hammer.gif

[edited.gif by fuji869 on December 31, 2001.]

The NFC West is actually shaping up to be a dynamite division. The Rams are the best team in the conference. The 49ers are a year away from trying to secure that spot. The Saints talent-wise are a much better team than 8-8.

The East and the Central have a ways to go to catch up. The Central might be close if Chicago gets the established veteran quarterback in the offseason like Bledsoe. The Packers are a team that is dangerous and could be better next year with the addition of another impact wide receiver and some help in the interior line.

Hmm. Bucs vs. Saints twice. Well now that the Saints are up and coming that will be interesting, as the Bucs begin that familiar downhill slide.

This by all means, should be a Pittsburgh vs. St. Louis SB, but the offense against the Steelers will only sound good in fantasy matchups. I don't think the Steelers could stop the onslaught of the Rams passing game continually. For an alternative, it could be Chicago, not Green Bay, but Miller needs to microwave the competition and IMO, that's Favre's song. GB vs. Pittsburgh has more appeal to me. St. Louis would let stay only interesting till mid-way in the 2nd QTR, then the erruption. GB vs. Pitt would be more down and dirty.

I do think their offense against the Rams would be an even matchup.

That keeps it close for only a little while, then the Rams would break out.

To get back to the dance, the road in the West would be through SF.

Archived