Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nice To See A Buncha Quitters Not In Skins Unis

TennesseeCarl

The Saints are a mirror image of how we looked in Dallas and Pittsburg last week when we were mailing it in.

I'll always take a win, but the Saints just weren't up for it and Hand does make a difference in the middle of their defense. It's nice to know there are other teams that give up on the running game when it's working well.

Keep an eye on the media. Last year, Haslett was one of their darlings. We were raked over the coals for quitting and I'd expect the media to take them to task as well.

Anyone want Rickey Williams with those hands?

Yep. Sure is nice to be on the other end of the implosion for a change. Funny thing is, after Banks threw an INT with his first toss of the game I said to my wife "This is gonna be one of those games that ends up 40-10."

Of course, I got one small detail wrong. smile.gif

Nevertheless, she was impressed with my prognosticating prowess. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Men, there's nothing to get excited about. The situation is normal; we are surrounded."

New Orleans is a young team and they will be back. Brooks, Williams, Turley, Naiole, MacCalister.....all these guys are 25 or under.........smile.gif

perhaps they got a little ahead of themselves last year in winning the NFC West and that got the better of them this season in terms of not putting in the time.

but the Saints are hardly comparable to last year's Redskins. That team was overage, overpaid and was facing a large turnover of players while a new coach was on the horizon.

Haslett isn't going anywhere. And Brooks has the capability of being a top 5 quarterback in the NFL.

They have a good front seven on defense and a solid offensive line as well.

The Saints need to solidify the cornerback spots, pickup a productive tight end, and a possession receiver with some size to complement the deep game with Joe Horn.

That's not a long laundry list by NFL standards.

Bulldog, I don't disagree with you in the slightest in your comparison of the 2001 Saints and 2000 Redskins. Even though they were playing like crapola I was very impressed with both Brooks and Williams.

However, it is interesting to note that over the last three games the vaunted Saint defense has given up 122 points, while during the worst three games stretch in Redskin history we gave up 112. This is more than a little hiccup for NO. It will be interesting to see how the handle it from here one out.

------------------

"Men, there's nothing to get excited about. The situation is normal; we are surrounded."

I really don't buy into the theory of a team quitting. There are jobs and pride on the line. Sometimes one team just manhandles another. Give credit to our guys for a great performance on Sunday night.

Last year's Skins were still in the playoff hunt heading into the Dallas, Pittsburgh stretch. Why in the heck are they going to quit when they were still alive? They did win their final game against Arizona last year, so that proves they didn't quit. They had injuries as well but I didn't hear people on here making excuses for us like NavyDave is doing for the 'aints.

I remember people touting Haslett last year and saying the guy was the best freakin' thing since sliced bread. I wonder what those folks are saying now?

HTTR!!

[edited.gif by Kenny on January 01, 2002.]

Archived