Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you wanna see in the NFC title game?

hail2skins

Now that we know which teams will be in the playoffs from the NFC (the conference I'm assuming we follow more, since our beloved team is part of it), which teams do you want to see in the NFC championship?

My choice is Green Bay at St. Louis. Think it'd be interesting seeing Favre try to go in and pull it out against the "Greatest Show on Turf." Thoughts?

I'd like to see Chicago get there. Don't think they will, but that's who I'm pulling for. A battle between them and GB would be pretty cool, but I haven't seen the pairings yet so I'm not even sure if that's possible.

I will be pulling against Philly, TB and St Louis at all costs. Don't want to see any of them advance.

The only team I will quietly root against inside is Tampa, last year's Redskins flopped, no need for this year's Redskins to do any better just for spite.

I wouldn't mind the Rams there, they are the best team in the league and Aneas Williams is definitely one of the good guys who deserves a shot at a ring.

I'll take the Bears vs. 49ers. Nice rematch of the O.T. game earlier in the year. Plus...i'm from the old school, so seeing the Bears in the title game would be nice. Of course, Packers vs. Bears would be quite the slugfest.

Oh...by the way, keep hearing Jim Miller's name as a possible veteran QB. I've always liked his savy, and he seems to have the intangibles to win games. Of course, it doesn't hurt when you have Booker, Robinson (mostly hurt), and Terrell to throw the ball to. Plus, handing off to A-Train doesn't hurt either. With an upgrade at Receiver, how well would he do handing the ball off to Davis.... or throwing to Westbrook (for cheap $), Gardner, and Alexander? Hummmmmmm...........

It looks like Miller, IMO. Also, I saw The NO coach in a nice Long discussion with Bruce Smith. Should I read anything into this? Bruce still has a contract with us, so if there was any departing, what would it mean? If he feels he'd be cut loose (I seriously doubt that will happen), maybe he's leaving a line open). Maybe they know each other a little better from some time ago. Just curious from what ESPN was showing at the end of the game, since neither just shook hands and simply walked away.

The Eagles will fold they may beat Tampa in Philly but

other playoff teams are more consistent on both sides of the ball. Philly offense is very questionable, and their defense can be beat by a power running game running straight at them. Eagles were LUCKY yesterday and played the best they could and came up 5 yards ahead.

NFC TITLE GAME

GREEN BAY VS ST LOUIS

What do you think?????????????

St. Louis looks up to the task. I'm not so sure about Green Bay.

Several playoff teams are leaving me scratching my head here recently. Despite nice won/loss records Green Bay, Oakland, Philly and San Francisco don't come off as all that tough. They lose games they have no business losing which is typically not a trademark of a team ready to make a deep run in the post-season.

Pittsburgh showed some of the same yesterday. How do you give up over 400 yards passing to Jon Kitna and blow a 13 point lead in 6-7 minutes?

Tampa seems to be peaking right now but that peak is not too scary. Their QB is still Brad Johnson, right? Not gonna happen.

The good thing is that with most teams more or less even it's very tough to project who will advance. That will make for an interesting tournament.

this thing is so wide open right now, you could end up with two surprise teams in the Super Bowl.

And by surprise, I don't mean just say the 49ers at 11-4 or the Steelers at 12-3.

I mean you could make a case that New England or Chicago or even Tampa could get hot and make a run and end up doing more damage than anyone expects.

The NFL used to be a top down league, ie the team finishing first at the end of the regular season usually won the Super Bowl or at least got there.

Not true anymore. Baltimore was a wildcard. So was Tennessee the year before.

The Rams won in 1999 with the best record at 13-3 but that was by the hair of their chinny chin chin with 11-6 and 23-16 victories against Tampa and Tennessee.

The era of true dominance is over.

The Rams should make it again. But Tampa has beaten them two years in a row in key games during the season, the last in the Dome in St. Louis.

Brett Favre could definitely make a Packers vs. Rams game interesting.

We could be looking at a 38-31 type overtime game there. smile.gif

Archived