Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate this feeling..

Chris 44

Yea ist a skins game and yes Im up for it but, I'm just not as amped up for this one as any of the previous 14 this year and its killing me feeling this way. I just don't see what we are going to get out of this game. I would be more upbeat if we were starting Sage or Graham, looking towards next year for an idea who our QB will be. But Marty is to stubborn to change at this point and Banks will not be here next year, this is just painful to go through. Dallas on the other hand has much to look forward to, Carter is giving them hope, their D plays inspired ball, they unlike us, are going forward. Someone please point out how off base I am with this, a little help here please.frown.gif Prove me wrong Marty. Will be looking to see how Skaggs does, hope some of the other guys get a chance tonight to show what they got.guns.gif

I'm curious to see whether we'll mail it in or not. That'll show what this team is made of. Now this game is even more meaningless with the Bucs victory last night, so I'd assume the only people that'll be watching it are 'Skins and Saints fans.

I think we do have something to look forward to though. We have a coach who has shown he can be successful, an owner who wants to win, and a decent talent base. We're probably closer to a playoff run than Dallas is. At least we some established veterans in place.

We just have some holes that need filling. Marty has proven he can get the job done in KC and Cleveland. Those places haven't been the same since he's left...I'm excited about next year.

Guest fuji869

I get the same feeling too before Redskins Games, it is called being a Footballaholic! biggrin.gif

I know exactly where you R coming from, I would be a little more upbeat if I knew Graham or Sage was starting and see what they can bring to the table, but instead we have Tony Banks again. grim.gif I was watching the 49ers / Cowboy Game and the Boys look like they have something to work w/ for 2002, and us we don’t know who our Head Coach, Quarterback or even # 1 Wide Receiver will be for next season.

Funny what a couple of weeks can do in the NFL, the 2001 Campaign has truly been an emotional roller coaster for the Washington Redskins!

I really, honestly, and perhaps stupidly, expect something very different tonight. A different method on offense and defense. These are the aspects of tonight's game that have me interested in it. I think Marty has a chance to really show himself well these next two weeks, producing a solid football team even when there's nothing to play for.

And, I think Marty might just try some different things -- things he wouldn't try while we were alive -- to see if they are things this team can do in the future. At least I hope so smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Archived