Zen-like Todd

Brunell - 85.4

Bledsoe - 75.9

Dilfer - 70.5

Ray Lucas - 76.4

Kent Graham - 69.0 smile.gif

Jeff Blake - 79.5

Banks - 72.2

Yes, circumstances mean everything, some people played with bad lines, bad receivers, etc etc. QB ratings mean nothing, etc etc.

What is interesting, however, is how incredibly close Tony's stats this season match up to his career stats. I mean, it's uncanny.

Check it out: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3502

This guy's head will always limit him to these kinds of #s.

Brunell is clearly the best of those players throughout his career. Bledsoe is nice, but, he's got limited mobility, not that you see much movement out of Brunell at this point. I would pass out from excitement if we got either guy, to be honest, but, I'm pretty confident I'll stay conscious the entire offseason.

And, if we pick a QB early, I'm going to get very huffy. Take the kid from LSU or from Marshall in the second round, and pray smile.gif. Or, the kid from UNLV smile.gif. We need to get a defensive linemen early.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Byron Leftwitch (Marshall) is a junior and if he comes out, he'll probably be drafted in the middle of the 1st round. He is a tremendous talent but only started 2 years and went against MAC conference competition.

Rohan Davey (LSU) should go late second or early 3rd. He has even less experience and isn't even close to being as consistent. But, he went against stiffer competition.

Neither of these guys are terribly mobile. Their best attributes are similar: arm strength, size, and leadership.

If we had an offensive-minded coach or GM willing to step out and make a bold move, acquiring Mark Brunell in the offseason would be a masterstroke.

You put Brunell and a veteran receiver on this team and add in a run stopping blue collar DT and a young DE and this team is ready to take off.

Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen here. We are going to follow the Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 conservative blueprint that Marty has used elsewhere.

We will probably work to get some defensive line help and probably pick up a linebacker or two.

We will also look at quarterbacks but probably settle on Banks or a Banks-clone, a different flavor of the month.

How much better is this team with Jim Miller or Jay Fiedler at quarterback?

To me the Redskins are evolving into the NFC's version of the Dolphins.

Good defense, good special teams and a limited offense with some talented performers like Chris Chambers but a quarterback with definite flaws and a philosophy that all but guarantees close games each and every week.

Archived