Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Brunnell poll

Awesome

Originally posted by MAPTASTIC

As reported: 4-years, $20 million, $8 million signing bonus, plus the Jaguars get the Skins' 3rd Round pick, the 73rd overall.

That is just ludacris........Keep Ramsey, and who cares, sign Garcia, and keep Hasslebeck, save the money, sign Champ, sign Taylor/Winslow.....get Garner from Oakland.....or DeShaun Foster....he is s0 n4sty and l33t.

Yes if Brunell is OK w/being Ramsey's backup & the deal is well under the reported 20 Mil.

No if Brunell's salary is around 20mil and he's guaranteed the #1 spot.

I agree w/TroyFakeman & BD - cheap sounds good but maybe Garcia/Blake/Dilfer would be better and make sure they are aware that they are the #2 guy. The situation w/Rob Johnson was good last year - signed as a backup and played only when Ramsey was hurt. Maybe we should keep Hasselback because he is probably comfortable w/ his role.

i voted NO!!! :hammer: somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

M.B. has bad knees and is one concussion away from retirement.

P.R. is not a rookie anymore. he's not a seasoned veteran as of yet but showed that he can play at this level. there are other vet. qb's out there we could get much cheaper . the d-line and o-line needs to be addressed. we lost 5 of those 11 games this past season by 7 points or less for the simple fact that the d-line could stop the run and the o-line couldn't protect P.R. having said all this no matter what coach gibbs does i will support his discisions

based soley on the fact that he is king and i am not worthy

:notworthy

Originally posted by jbooma

so it seems the majority of you don't want what is best for the team :(

Haha, just assuming that Brunell is the best possible thing for the team. Way to go.

How about getting Rich Gannon or something? Don't the Raiders want to start completely over, and get rid of all the old fogies? How about trading Trung for Gannon and sign Garner? :laugh: That would be pretty cool.

Originally posted by mark327

i voted NO!!! :hammer: somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

M.B. has bad knees and is one concussion away from retirement.

P.R. is not a rookie anymore. he's not a seasoned veteran as of yet but showed that he can play at this level. there are other vet. qb's out there we could get much cheaper . the d-line and o-line needs to be addressed. we lost 5 of those 11 games this past season by 7 points or less for the simple fact that the d-line could stop the run and the o-line couldn't protect P.R. having said all this no matter what coach gibbs does i will support his discisions

based soley on the fact that he is king and i am not worthy

:notworthy

100% correct, and now the post is even reporting that Ramsey might want to be traded is HE'S not the starting quarterback. Brunnel would be a nice addition to back-up Ramsey for a couple of years, but he isn't worth loosing the GOLDEN BOY!!!

:dallasuck

Originally posted by ramseyskins

Haha, just assuming that Brunell is the best possible thing for the team. Way to go.

How about getting Rich Gannon or something? Don't the Raiders want to start completely over, and get rid of all the old fogies? How about trading Trung for Gannon and sign Garner? :laugh: That would be pretty cool.

Why on god's earth would we want to get players that even the 4-12 Raiders dont want?

Originally posted by ramseyskins

I mean having two good QB is what is best for the team and Pat can learn from a real QB how to the play the NFL game. He can even be better then we imagined now.

I would like to see Garner :)

Gannon looks like he is done.

Does anyone know of a current backup QB who received 1/2 of the alleged $8M bonus? And by backup, I'm not talking about (1) a rookie who hasn't gotten a shot to start yet or (2) a backup who was a starter and lost his job and hasn't been cut for cap reasons. I'm talking about a veteran QB who was signed fresh.

I know Griese got a $1M signing bonus last year with deferred money in his second. I'm not looking for a current $8M bonus for a guy who rode the bench, just $4M. Anyone?

Archived