Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FROSTY28

Keyshawn Mugged -- The Real Story

Overrated receiver unharmed during robbery in Berkeley

Jan. 22, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports  

BERKELEY, Calif. -- Keyshawn Johnson was mugged Wednesday, robbed of money and jewelry but unhurt, police said between fits of laughter.  

They said the wide receiver for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was accosted by two children as he was talking on his cell after walking out of a barber shop. According to an eyewitness, one of the kids threatened the receiver with a slingshot while the other berated him for being a "fantasy bust."

"Johnson gave up his money and jewelry like the ***** that he is and the suspects fled on their big wheels." Lt. Eric Gustafson said.

No arrests have been made. Lt.Gustafson added, "To be honest, if we do catch these kids, we'll probably take them out for pizza or something. I mean, who doesn't hate that prick? I'd kill him myself if I thought I could get away with it. "

Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl receiver, has not stopped crying like a ***** since the robbery. He was the over-hyped first pick in the 1996 draft by the New York Jets, who traded him to the obviously drunk Tampa BayBucaneers three years ago for two No. 1 draft choices.

Maybe the robber was hired by the Buccaneers to recoop some of that salary money

:laugh: