Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Formula 1 2023 Season Thread

Fergasun

How do we not have a F1 thread in here?  Bahrain GP finished... Red Bull dominance looks to continue... Ferrari failures too... Red Bull aside (and it is only 1 race) there could be some good scrapping in the midfield. 

Who had Aston Martin Racing above Ferrari and Mercedes in constructors after this?

• Like 1

It's just one race... right.  So it is hard to judge out of 1 out of 23.  It was surprising neither Hamilton nor Russell could catch Alonso or Stroll.  

Also, for the midfield both Albon and Gasly scored points and Gasly had a monster race.  Haas is my team and they were horrible after Nico.  Gotta love Alfa Romero denying Gasly the fastest lap point. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Australian GP last night was the most fun to watch so far this year.  One Ferrari taking themselves out in in the first lap -- I don't know why they try to be aggressive when packed together. Hamilton and Russell blitzing around Verstappen (unfortunate timing of the first red flag screwed Russell).  Checo working his way up but seemingly on track for P7 or P6.  The other Ferrari getting a deserved but harsh penalty.  Points for Haas but McLaren showing mega life in the midfield.  And poor Gasly ruining his great drive by not checking his mirrors.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heads up all... first US race of the season is today in Miami.  I am anticipating a better race than we have had due to Leclerc crashing and ending qualifying early with a janky starting lineup.  

The fastest driver and fastest car is starting from 9th.  His teammate (also a really good driver with fastest car)  is in the pole position. And the top 6 starting drivers are all from different teams.  Everyone will be fighting Verstappen to prevent him from moving up. 

Some drivers were having issues on the track so it should have some drama and excitement... 

First time for me watching a clean race.  Hamilton and Merc impressed... Ferrari... not so much... unsure why Leclerc had issues.  He is normally faster than Sainz.  I like Checo but Max is the best driver out there.  Alpine with a decent showing. 

Stroll-Nando time delta here is concering.  40 seconds is a huge gap for the same car. Maybe Stroll wasn't pushing too much?  But he was only 5 seconds out of the points.   But he needs to be more consistent because he does have a good car.

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

First time for me watching a clean race.  Hamilton and Merc impressed... Ferrari... not so much... unsure why Leclerc had issues.  He is normally faster than Sainz.  I like Checo but Max is the best driver out there.  Alpine with a decent showing. 

Stroll-Nando time delta here is concering.  40 seconds is a huge gap for the same car. Maybe Stroll wasn't pushing too much?  But he was only 5 seconds out of the points.   But he needs to be more consistent because he does have a good car.

Leclerc has the yips. He keeps crashing. He will put it together but Ferrari is a bit of a disappointment after a strong start last season. Maybe Binotti wasn’t the problem after all. 

• 2 months later...

Round 11 and we might as well crown Max ala Dennis Green.... 

2nd place is getting interesting though. Checo has been horrible lately, but still has a healthy lead on Alonso.  Mercedes is coming back and McLaren was strong today.

• 2 months later...