Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Your Employer Have An Obligation To Tell You That A New Employee Has Murdered Someone?

No Nonsense

I worked with a woman at Hardee's in Jax who had stabbed her husband to death, I never asked why...and stabbings are very "up close and personal".  Fantastic worker and person in general, we all loved her.

But everyone knew not to upset Miss Pat if she had a knife in her hand.  

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I worked with a woman at Hardee's in Jax who had stabbed her husband to death, I never asked why...and stabbings are very "up close and personal".  Fantastic worker and person in general, we all loved her.

But everyone knew not to upset Miss Pat if she had a knife in her hand.  

I think "Not confronting a person who stabbed another person to death about why they did it" goes into the "Solid life choices" category.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

You missed the super crazy days of The Pit and/or Sunnyside right?

Negative.  I was enough of a regular at the Pit that Officer Hosteler knew me by name.  A friend of mine from HS who was 3 years ahead of me lived in Sunnyside, got at least one keg every weekend and the deal was I would drink for free so long as I brought my female dormmates. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Reflecting on a Clint Eastwood scene. Can't remember the movie. 

Clint: I came home and caught my wife in bed with my best friend. 

Girl: What did you do?  

Clint: I shot her. 

Girl:  You shot HER?

Clint:  He was my best friend. 

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'll just note that I had a murderer over to my house for dinner last week.  He brought gifts for my kids.  He's a great person. 

Every time you mention that case brings on the dust bunnies.  So glad he's doing well. 

You're a really awesome dude, PB. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

No but I'd think (if you found out) it would be the appropriate time to reevaluate why you are working for a company that hires convicted murderers. 

Not a company. 30 year County employee. The chairman of the legislature got him the job. 

If I have to force myself to care, then I don't.

Where I work now, I'm pretty confident I won't have a co-worker who was convicted for murder, regardless of the reason they did it.

When I worked in restaurants, i would've been shocked if I wasn't in a kitchen at least once where at least one of the line cooks did at some point.

14 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It would be kind of awesome if, upon hire, every employer had to announce to everyone the worst thing that person had ever done.  :806:

Thanks for hiring me...and you probably shouldn't drink that coffee...

Edited by Simmsy
  • Haha 3

I worked in construction for several years and met several guys who served time for various reasons. Usually, they were painters. Anyway, they'd almost exclusively been jailed for drug charges or for assorted acts of mayhem resulting from intoxication of various substances. 

The exception was one guy who had multiple assault and battery charges. He was a legit scary dude.

No actual murderers as far as I know.

18 hours ago, Larry said:

Asking for a friend?  

-----

Remembering back around 1980 or so?  National Lampoon published a "People Magazine Parody".  

One of the headline strips across the top of the cover was "Scientists reveal why people fear murderers".  

Moment of personal privilege: two prominent shaping factors of my teen years were National Lampoon (inc the brilliant albums they released--google them and note the performers/writers) and Firesign Theatre.

So take that in consideration when trying to tolerate my posting. 🤡

First thing is first you are hearing secondary information. So who knows how accurate it actually is. 

second, really depends on the case by case.

When I worked at chipotle, my assistant manager was a recovering heroin/crack head. But she fell off the wagon. I dunno where I’m going with this. I hope she is doing well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

First thing is first you are hearing secondary information. So who knows how accurate it actually is. 

She’s the type that wouldn’t take that kind of risk and she’s also the type that usually finds out just about everything. If she said it, it’s likely true. On top of that, she’s stationed in the public safety building where she’s pretty well acquainted with members of the sheriff department and dispatch. 

41 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

She’s the type that wouldn’t take that kind of risk and she’s also the type that usually finds out just about everything. If she said it, it’s likely true. On top of that, she’s stationed in the public safety building where she’s pretty well acquainted with members of the sheriff department and dispatch. 

You obviously work with the person in question so I assume you know their name. If they were convicted of murder, that’s publicly available information and probably made the news. Just Google them. 

• Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You obviously work with the person in question so I assume you know their name. If they were convicted of murder, that’s publicly available information and probably made the news. Just Google them. 

I will on Monday when I find out his last name. 

• Like 1