Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s Ever Had Fine Dining And What’s The Purpose?

No Nonsense

Watching the movie “The Menu” (fine movie by the way) got me thinking. The movie, in a roundabout way asked the same question, why do people pay a premium price for food that you “might” like and most likely won’t fill you up? 

When I say fine dining, these are a few examples: 

ECB8C54E-FE98-4F96-8281-88BEC7C2B511.jpeg

FC393BFD-4033-47B1-B4E3-741EC6AD2F26.jpeg

E575D46B-8694-417C-93D7-05671C046D63.jpeg

37633B2E-7D31-47A2-B287-162298B2DD52.jpeg

Edited by No Nonsense

I’ve done it twice and won’t do it again. I thought the first time wasn’t worth the money, but maybe it was just a bad experience.  The 2nd time I went to a different place.  I realized that none of them are worth the money. 

i always take my wife to a decent vegetarian restaurant for her birthday or something that has a ton of veggie options. This past year, I found two fine dining chefs that only work once per week. Their food looked really cool and interesting, but you had to sit with other people.

This place was booked but I found a date that would work. They didn’t tell the price on their site.  I called to make the reservation and it was $800+ dollars for one meal. I would have had to pay $1600 plus for our meal. Screw that! 

who the hell is going to this thing? how are they fully booked constantly? 

I’ll never go. I told her about it and she said if I ever did that, she would probably divorce me. I spent that money on way better experiences instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

On well-done steak.  

Because apparently well done steak still has pink inside. 😆

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

The ES tailgate topics in order:

"Whos ever had fine dining and whats the point"

"Packing peanuts are edible?"

Slow day at Fox News.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 3

• 8 months later...

FINALLY got a reservation to Jose Andres new place, The Bazaar.  https://www.thebazaar.com/washington-dc-menus/  This is the restaurant that he was supposed to put into the Old Post Office years ago, but decided he didn't want to because Trump owned the building.  It opened in May and has been the toughest reservation in town ever since.  I was only able to get a 3:45 reservation (for "afternoon snacks" and obviously drinks), so we are going to Kinship for dinner afterwards, which is one of my favorite places. https://kinshipdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/09.1.23-1.pdf.

Kinship has one of the best dishes in town, and its just a roasted chicken.  I haven't been able to figure out how they make it taste so good, but I suspect it involves black magic.  The veteran move is to let them know before you get there that you plan to order the chicken, because it takes like 45 minutes to prepare, and if you let them know if advance it will be ready with the rest of your food. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1