Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your plan for the 2023 offseason?

Zim489

With Howell not looking like Jake Fromm yesterday, I’m convinced that the way to go for 2023 is pairing him with a low cost vet.  This is because I can’t see the sale finalizing in time for a proper GM selection - coaching hire process.

With the available money from Wentz, I keep the strength the strength by working out deals with Payne, Curl, and Sweat.  I also exercise the fifth year option in Young.

Other cuts I’d explore are Thomas and Roullier (post 6/1) unless you can rework his deal and bring his cap number down significantly.  Norwell could also go if you are confident in Paul and Cosmi as your guards.  Schweitzer could be brought back as depth. 

New OC.  Yeah, it may be tough to get a guy in this situation.  I’d look at Zac Robinson, Zampese, and even John DeFillipo.

We’re in a good situation for the draft because we have needs at TE1, OT, and CB, so someone should be available then. I’m not against the idea of a WR that has been discussed, but would lean against it.

• Thumb up 1

Change the name to Redwolves.

Replace the taco holder logo with one of those cool R logos that were passed around when the Redwolves name was proposed.

Get rid of Major Tuddy and get back to something resembling our traditional unis.

As for the front office, it will likely be too late to make changes this year...does anyone think it's a great idea to fire the GM(s) less than a month before (or more likely after) the draft.  Furthermore, it looks so far like they have drafted quite well. Hard to judge Phidarian Mathis since he got injured, but Dotson and Robinson look like great picks. IF (and it's still a HUGE if) Howell is the man, than this would be the best post Beathard draft ever.  I suspect a new owner will want another year to evaluate the FO. 

I think Rivera is a mediocre coach, only good for 7 or 8 wins a season, and not the long term solution by any means. Whether the new owner gets the team early enough to land the ideal replacement is doubtful - typically the best candidates get scooped up within a day or two after the Superbowl. I would rather wait a year and get THE GUY after 2023 than settle for pretty good and be stuck with that for another couple years.

• Thumb up 1