Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CT: Increasingly under fire as potential health hazards, gas stoves could be banned in 2023, top federal official says: ‘It’s a real possibility’

China

N.Y. weighs East Coast’s first statewide building gas ban

New York’s Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul called yesterday for the nation’s most aggressive ban on fossil fuels in new buildings, setting the stage for a possible showdown with the gas industry and state lawmakers.

In her State of the State speech, Hochul urged the state Legislature to phase out the sale of fossil fuel heating equipment in existing residential buildings beginning in 2030 and in 2035 in commercial ones. The governor also proposed requiring new residential and commercial buildings to be all-electric by 2025 and 2030, respectively.

“We are taking these steps now because climate change remains the greatest threat to our planet, and to our children and grandchildren,” said Hochul in her speech. The state’s landmark 2019 climate law, known as the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, laid out strict deadlines for cutting emissions, she noted. “And now, we are executing on that plan.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

The democrats must have been enjoying far too much success and thought “hey let’s do something really unpopular, and let’s allow republicans to frame it by not really talking about it at all.”  Politically this has been poorly handled. 

38 minutes ago, Destino said:

The democrats must have been enjoying far too much success and thought “hey let’s do something really unpopular, and let’s allow republicans to frame it by not really talking about it at all.”  Politically this has been poorly handled. 

I bet we're all shocked, huh?  

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Larry said:

1). An all out ban seems both excessive and premature. 

2). Do they have the grid to support it?  

3). What percentage of NY electricity is generated by burning fossil fuels?  

1) shes an idiot...I know people who work in her office and, their words not mine.

2) No. Its better then California, but no..

3) Good question. Depends on what part of NY. From reports I've read almost all of it is Natural Gas, Hydroelectric, or Nuclear. I dont remember what the actual breakdown is

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

1) shes an idiot...I know people who work in her office and, their words not mine.

2) No. Its better then California, but no..

3) Good question. Depends on what part of NY. From reports I've read almost all of it is Natural Gas, Hydroelectric, or Nuclear. I dont remember what the actual breakdown is

"Natural gas" is a fossil fuel.  :) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Can somebody help me with the math?  Those all add up to more than 100%.  Judging from the question people can pick more than one type.  But that doesn't mean you can have more than 100% of something.

Oh, and induction is a subset of electric, not separate from it.

• Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, China said:

Can somebody help me with the math?  Those all add up to more than 100%.  Judging from the question people can pick more than one type.  But that doesn't mean you can have more than 100% of something.

Oh, and induction is a subset of electric, not separate from it.

Some people have more than one stove.