Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to my 1st game in 20 years.

SkinsRock80

Sorry if this post doesn’t belong in the section. Wasn’t sure where to post this. 

I’ll be attending my 1st game  vs. Giants with my wife in nearly 20 years. Lived at RFK. Coming from Jersey and staying in the Courtyard by Marriott close to the stadium. I had a few questions for you guys..

Does anyone know if I can take a Uber from my hotel to stadium and back to hotel after game since I don’t have a parking pass? I can’t really find any information about this. 

What time do the gates open to get into stadium? It’s Sunday night so I wasn’t sure.  

Any open tailgates Sunday nite that my wife and I can get in? Willing to pay whatever for some dinner. 

Any other recommendation from you guys would be much appreciated.. 

thank you! 

Edited by SkinsRock80
  • Like 2

You're welcome to join the ES tailgate in the Redzone lot

@pez will post the ES tailgate thread, in the Stadium board, about a week, or so before the game with all the details. 

It's a potluck style, so you're encouraged to contribute.

Also, you can always look to buy a Redzone parking pass, and forego the rideshare.

Lot's open 4 hours before kick-off.

The Redzone lot opens 5 hours before kick-off.

Stadium gates open 2 hours before kick-off.

Hope to see you there and hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Relying on Uber has been terrible for me in the past for night games since the metro closes too early i would pre book your night trip home if I were you one time it took till 130 am to get one one it was vs the packers in 2016, which was the last night game i went to buy things could have changed although I doubt it based on where the stadium is and there being a less amount of drivers out there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Relying on Uber has been terrible for me in the past for night games since the metro closes too early i would pre book your night trip home if I were you one time it took till 130 am to get one one it was vs the packers in 2016, which was the last night game i went to buy things could have changed although I doubt it based on where the stadium is and there being a less amount of drivers out there

We tailgate in the RedZone and the rideshare lot is immediately adjacent.   The lot looks pretty crowded and I imagine that it can be a long wait for a ride.

Uber was easy for me this year to get to the stadium but hell getting out.  There is a rideshare lot but the waiting take forever.  If you leave before the game ends and secure the uber then, shouldn't be too bad.  But if you come out like I did with everyone else and ask for an Uber then, it me over an hour to get one.