Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Race: Demented WannaBe Dictator Trump vs President Biden

88Comrade2000

We can only hope it comes to this if he's never held accountable for his crimes:

SHOCK POLL: Huge Chunk of Trump Base Would Back Him Running Third Party Against DeSantis and Biden

A new national GOP poll published on Tuesday has Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis beating ex-president Donald Trump by a whopping margin, but a dismayingly large percent of Trump loyalists saying they’d vote for him if he staged an independent spoiler run.

The new poll from The Bulwark and North Star Opinion Research (via Dynata) has an enormous lead for DeSantis, a bit of an outlier in recent poll results that generally but not exclusively lean Trump in a hypothetical 2024 match-up, and which whomever the winner, are not typically such a big margin.

Nevertheless, the result is eye-opening in several ways, but notable in particular, as Sarah Longwell explains for the Bulwark, for the GOP’s drift from Trump.

The poll identifies respondents by double selection. Those who identify first as Republican or as independent who leans Republican are divided by whether they consider themselves “more a supporter of Donald Trump, or a supporter of the Republican Party. This is the dividing line shown in the topline results.

Trump-v-GOP.jpg

Trump-Biden-DeSantis-Bulwark-Poll.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Changing the primary rotation in 24; really won’t mean much unless Biden’s not running or he gets a serious challenger ala Carter-Kennedy in 1980.

They are changing it this cycle precisely for that reason. In an open primary, changing the order would benefit certain candidates and harm others and the politicing about it would be a complete cluster****. With an incumbent, it matters far less. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

@China , your poll says Biden gets 5% of the vote. 

Makes me kinda not put faith in it's conclusions. 

:) 

If you read it it says its a GOP poll, so polling the GOP.  Not surprising he gets only 5%, maybe surprising he gets 5% at all.  But perhaps 5% of the GOP can't stomach either DeSantis or Trump and are more independent-minded.

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Election 2024 & The Little One: Presidential Race

Once someone else gets in, the floodgates will open.  If Nikki’s getting in on 2/15; others will starting jumping in. Nikki has no shot and will probably be gone before Thanksgiving. She will not make it to the primary.  Maybe she’s the veep candidate, if Trump isn’t the nominee. Trump won’t pick her since she dared to run against him.

I haven't seen a lot of DeSantis on camera as of...well...ever. Of course he gets a ton more exposure in Florida, but I've also heard he has a terrible camera/public presence. I wonder if that is the real reason you don't see him speaking too much or at least it not being aired.

20 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I haven't seen a lot of DeSantis on camera as of...well...ever. Of course he gets a ton more exposure in Florida, but I've also heard he has a terrible camera/public presence. I wonder if that is the real reason you don't see him speaking too much or at least it not being aired.

He doesn’t like to be challenged. That trait is going to show on a campaign trail.

How he handles that on the national stage, could define his campaign.

Everyone assumes he’s the one but you don’t know how he’ll do.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He doesn’t like to be challenged. That trait is going to show on a campaign trail.

How he handles that on the national stage, could define his campaign.

Everyone assumes he’s the one but you don’t know how he’ll do.

Probably explains why he was JAG and why he left it so quickly. 

This is what happens when there are no consequences for your actions; you are emboldened to do it again, or worse:

Trump promotes message from 'locked and loaded' supporter who vows to 'physically fight' for him

Former President Donald Trump is once again promoting violent rhetoric.

On his Truth Social platform on Wednesday, the former president promoted a post from a supporter who vowed to "physically fight" for him to be returned to power in 2024.

"It’s not going to happen again," the supporter warned of Trump being denied the presidency. "People my age and old (sic) will physically fight for him this time. What we got to lose? I’ll donate the rest of my time here on this planet to do it. And I know many many others who feel the same... we Are Locked and LOADED."

Of course, as hundreds of Capitol rioters currently sitting in prison could attest, there is much to be lost by "physically fighting" on behalf of the former president.

Trump has pushed violent rhetoric ever since his initial 2016 run for the White House, when he told supporters he would pay for their legal fees if they "knocked the crap" out of protesters at his events.

Trump supporters have also carried out multiple acts of violence in his name, most famously during the January 6th riots at the United States Capitol and in 2018, when Trump supporter Cesar Sayoc sent explosives to Trump's political enemies.

See the tweet Trump promoted below.

• Thumb down 1

China, I'm pretty sure there's something missing from the article you quoted.  

7 hours ago, China said:

Trump has pushed violent rhetoric ever since his initial 2016 run for the White House, when he told supporters he would pay for their legal fees if they "knocked the crap" out of protesters at his events.  (And then didn't.)  

Trump won’t commit to endorsing eventual 2024 GOP nominee

Former President Trump on Thursday would not commit to endorsing the eventual Republican nominee for president in 2024 if it’s not him.

“It would depend. I would give you the same answer I gave in 2016 during the debates,” Trump told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt.

“It would have to depend on who the nominee was,” he added.

Trump’s comments came shortly after former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R), a Trump critic who has said he is weighing a 2024 bid of his own, told Hewitt he does not believe Trump will be the GOP nominee but that he would support whoever the nominee is.

During the first GOP primary debate in the 2016 cycle, Trump also declined to affirm he would back the eventual nominee, drawing criticism from rivals.

• Thumb down 1