Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Ron leave after the season?

88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Say the ownership is approved mid March. I would assume once the team is sold; the new owner would have a Gm to take over once he’s approved. The Gm would fire the entire personnel staff.  Since free agency would probably have been going on for a week or two; the new Gm will run free agency and the draft.

Coukd they hire a new coach and fire Ron? Sure but who would you get then and you will still have to meet the Rooney rule. So, you will be stuck with Ron for 23 and you would bring in a new coach in 24. No evaluation. You move on from Ron in 24; regardless of the record.

They wouldn’t be able to build a front office staff right in the middle of draft season. You’ll be able to hire a GM and a couple of high end people if they were elevated in position in comparison to their previous role. 

At that point you’ll have the issue that Ron’s main job has been taken from while still sticking around as a complete lame duck. Even if they don’t hire anyone pre draft you still have the entire football ops running the offseason as lame ducks. That could lead to some dangerous outcomes. 

League meetings are March 26-29. Already after senior bowls combines and bulk of FA. I don’t know if Dan is owner up until new owners pen meets paper. If he’s signing FAs or not. Ron and co will be fighting for their jobs all in 2023 leading to short sighted win now moves that could hurt the long run. Trading up. Back loading contracts. Signing big FAs. 

Ron and Co can’t be here for the 2023 offseason 

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt Ron would want to coach under those circumstances. He'd probably just resign.

Who’s actually coaching next year is pretty irrelevant. It’s more about who’s leading the offseason 

27 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I think Rivera should be gone after the season, I thought Rivera is going to be an upgrade but I was wrong

Rivera is a great guy and losing his mom last  week should give him a bye this week on this kind of talk

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Rivera is a great guy and losing his mom last  week should give him a bye this week on this kind of talk

That would be fair if it was a one time thing like Gibbs accidently calling the double TO vs Buffalo in the Sean Taylor death game. But Ron has blunder after blunder after blunder with game management. One of the worst in the league that Panther fans were warning us about when Ron got here. Honestly its gotten even worse as the pace of play continues to speed up and Ron ages. 

• Like 2

Just now, Zim489 said:

That would be fair if it was a one time thing like Gibbs accidently calling the double TO vs Buffalo in the Sean Taylor death game. But Ron has blunder after blunder after blunder with game management. One of the worst in the league that Panther fans were warning us about when Ron got here. Honestly its gotten even worse as the pace of play continues to speed up and Ron ages. 

No argument just not going there this week