Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

To follow up on the Fox Business dude's appearance on 106.7.  Grant and Danny talked about it later.

Danny thinks it likely goes down as to the sale but has been reserved-fearful about the sale happening based on previous reports  -- but that interview gave him the most optimism so far in that process because that dude was clearly plugged into Dan's camp and knows Dan. 

This isn't some no one.  He has 163K twittter followers.  He's a real reporter.  Danny thought if anything it was a good sign that he tried to give Dan some positive PR in his appearance.    Grant concurred and was jazzed about that interview.   Yeah the dude didn't really give any more detail but he was very confident in his sources especially to Dan.

They both thought it would be less intriguing if it was someone tied to a different camp than Dan's but this dude referencing people close to Dan -- they saw as a great sign that the sale is going down.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

There haven’t been many revelations on the Commanders’ sale since Front Office Sports reported last month that bidders were told Snyder was looking to offload at least a majority stake of the team. 

One factor for the lack of news: Snyder appears to be holding out for a $7 billion bid for the franchise, two sources with knowledge of the process told FOS. 

...While there are no indications Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has put in a bid, one source told FOS that Bezos could be the among the only potential suitor willing to pay close to $7 billion.

The rub is Snyder’s apparent unwillingness to sell to Bezos, who owns The Washington Post. The outlet exposed the toxic workplace claims and detailed a previously unknown harassment claim against Snyder in 2009. Snyder denied the allegations of harassment. 

Since Snyder announced in November that he’d explore options with the team that could include a sale of the franchise he purchased for around $800 million in 1999, neither he nor the team has provided an update. 

“Ultimately, if they reach a conclusion and have someone that will be joining the ownership group or buying the team entirely, that’s something that [NFL] ownership will look at,” Goodell said. 

...A source told FOS that there remains some concern around the league that Snyder may ultimately decide not to sell if he doesn’t get closer to $7 billion. But there’s still belief around the league that Snyder will sell most — if not all — of the team, especially since the potential sale has quelled the effort to remove Snyder

One owner told Front Office Sports this week that an application hasn’t been submitted to the NFL’s finance committee, which isn’t unexpected. The application to the finance committee would only come after Snyder has decided whether to accept a bid for the franchise. 

Once an application is sent to the committee, members will conduct a review before a vote is brought to full ownership. From there, it would take 24 owners (three-fourths of the league’s 32 owners) to approve either a full or minority owner. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There haven’t been many revelations on the Commanders’ sale since Front Office Sports reported last month that bidders were told Snyder was looking to offload at least a majority stake of the team. 

One factor for the lack of news: Snyder appears to be holding out for a $7 billion bid for the franchise, two sources with knowledge of the process told FOS. 

...While there are no indications Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has put in a bid, one source told FOS that Bezos could be the among the only potential suitor willing to pay close to $7 billion.

The rub is Snyder’s apparent unwillingness to sell to Bezos, who owns The Washington Post. The outlet exposed the toxic workplace claims and detailed a previously unknown harassment claim against Snyder in 2009. Snyder denied the allegations of harassment. 

Since Snyder announced in November that he’d explore options with the team that could include a sale of the franchise he purchased for around $800 million in 1999, neither he nor the team has provided an update. 

“Ultimately, if they reach a conclusion and have someone that will be joining the ownership group or buying the team entirely, that’s something that [NFL] ownership will look at,” Goodell said. 

...A source told FOS that there remains some concern around the league that Snyder may ultimately decide not to sell if he doesn’t get closer to $7 billion. But there’s still belief around the league that Snyder will sell most — if not all — of the team, especially since the potential sale has quelled the effort to remove Snyder

One owner told Front Office Sports this week that an application hasn’t been submitted to the NFL’s finance committee, which isn’t unexpected. The application to the finance committee would only come after Snyder has decided whether to accept a bid for the franchise. 

Once an application is sent to the committee, members will conduct a review before a vote is brought to full ownership. From there, it would take 24 owners (three-fourths of the league’s 32 owners) to approve either a full or minority owner. 

This was one of the positives that I heard this afternoon: Snyder doesn't care about selling to Bezos.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This was one of the positives that I heard this afternoon: Snyder doesn't care about selling to Bezos.

The only thing on that point is he seemed to be just guessing that versus saying he knows -- citing that Bezos doesn't micro manage what the WP writes, etc.

I am with Grant-Danny in that its very positive that this dude knows Dan and has sources to Dan -- especially considering that Dan is such an enigma and there is some concern that Dan doesn't ultimately do this.  

That wasn't some random dude on twitter spitballing.  He's a reporter who has for example 4 times the number of twitter followers that Sheehan does.  I mention twitter because usually the reporters with big followings aren't fly by night nobodies. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Youd have as much to add to this conversation as the guy who "broke" the news today 

He admitted "I know Dan Snyder, I think he's a good guy...he wasn't directly involved" 

Lost all credibility right then and there

National media

super positive about snyder

fits the MO of snyder planted stories

so. What. Making someone think they gotta pay more now or it’s going to someone else 

• Like 2

I know many think the story from yesterday has no legs because the guy was an admitted Snyder gump.  I listened to him on G&D though, and the fact that he was in the bag for Snyder to me is what made it the most real.  

Snyder has no legit friends in the media but from time to time some relative no name will pop out with something that paints him in a positive light.  Similar to the Forbes dude that reported on putting the team up for sale.

There is nothing more Snyder than giving the news to some rando, in exchange for some “he’s only selling because of the BS,” he doesn’t want to put up with anymore, he never did those things they say he did…” narrative reported along with it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know many think the story from yesterday has no legs because the guy was an admitted Snyder gump.  I listened to him on G&D though, and the fact that he was in the bag for Snyder to me is what made it the most real.  

Snyder has no legit friends in the media but from time to time some relative no name will pop out with something that paints him in a positive light.  Similar to the Forbes dude that reported on putting the team up for sale.

There is nothing more Snyder than giving the news to some rando, in exchange for some “he’s only selling because of the BS,” he doesn’t want to put up with anymore, he never did those things they say he did…” narrative reported along with it.

Yeah the exact reason why some of the G & D's callers were annoyed by it which was the dude touting Snyder was the exact reason why Danny in particular dug it.  Danny has been a bit of a curmudgeon on the topic fearing Dan might back out.  But yeah Danny loved the Snyder plug and the dudes association to Snyder because obviously that's the camp we want to be the most sure about as to pulling the trigger on this.  The skepticism on this is purely about Dan pulling out.  A dude basically saying he won't, is a great sign.

• Like 1

You guys are all so hung up on whether or not the team is being sold that you are all sleeping on the parade logistics.

I say we start by the Capitol and make our way to the Washington monument. 

Parade Permit Application | mpdc

We just gotta give a minimum of 15 days notice. I think we can make this happen.

Maybe we can do it the Sunday of League Meetings or Draft weekend.

42 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hey. I was talking about parades back in September. 

but this is good info. And I we will do something. 

At a minimum I would think a bar could really benefit from Dan's selling by throwing a party? 

Print up some t-shirts, have some players show up...I would do my best to show up and celebrate the sale.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KDawg said:

Was watching the Pat McAfee show. Add them to the group that thinks the new ownership is going to change the name.

4 names in 5 years? Only in DC :ols:

Well sure that sounds a little crazy in a vacuum but....

1. The first name unexpectedly was swept away by the unlikely combination of a global pandemic, George Floyd, and an attempted coup by the minority owners.

2. The second name was always a temporary placeholder, only existed because of number one.

3. The third name was the handpicked idiocy of the worst owner in the history of professional sports.

4. In the highly unlikely event that 1-3 were to occur elsewhere, I’d imagine any city/team would be considering a fourth name

It’s a set of circumstances that will never happen again, so I don’t think it’s a big deal to set things right with respect to the name. I don’t see it as a only in DC thing, I see it as a Snyder thing. For a lot of us fans, the Snyder-inflicted wounds run deep and cleansing them is more important than worrying about having too many name changes in a short period of time. As soon as the new owner gets here, I will unapologetically be standing with the crowd calling for another name change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

You guys are all so hung up on whether or not the team is being sold that you are all sleeping on the parade logistics.

I say we start by the Capitol and make our way to the Washington monument. 

Parade Permit Application | mpdc

We just gotta give a minimum of 15 days notice. I think we can make this happen.

Maybe we can do it the Sunday of League Meetings or Draft weekend.

Great idea. You bring the melting vanilla ice cream, and I'll bring the stale airline peanuts.🤪

I also agree the team should seek a new name to disassociate itself from Snyder's evil aura once he's gone.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Well sure that sounds a little crazy in a vacuum but....

1. The first name unexpectedly was swept away by the unlikely combination of a global pandemic, George Floyd, and an attempted coup by the minority owners.

2. The second name was always a temporary placeholder, only existed because of number one.

3. The third name was the handpicked idiocy of the worst owner in the history of professional sports.

4. In the highly unlikely event that 1-3 were to occur elsewhere, I’d imagine any city/team would be considering a fourth name

It’s a set of circumstances that will never happen again, so I don’t think it’s a big deal to set things right with respect to the name. I don’t see it as an only in DC thing, I see it as a Snyder thing. For a lot of us fans, the Snyder-inflicted wounds run deep and cleansing them is more important than worrying about having too many name changes in a short period of time. As soon as the new owner gets here, I will unapologetically be standing with the crowd calling for another name change.

You assume that the national media will care about any of it. We will be a meme, again. But winning would erase that meme.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

And some of us wouldn't care one bit what those people think about it.

I know I wouldn't.

I don't think I do. 

But at the same time...

Just more laughs at our expense. Tired of not caring about being laughed at as a franchise, personally speaking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don't think I do. 

But at the same time...

Just more laughs at our expense. Tired of not caring about being laughed at as a franchise, personally speaking. 

Changing a name most fans don't want, chosen by an owner most fans despise, and letting that owner be the one that determined our name for the rest of our existence that has only been around for one year ,,,,

Let them laugh a little more.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Hey. I was talking about parades back in September. 

but this is good info. And I we will do something. 

7ak5pd.jpg

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nothing would make me happier than to find out Dan has to sell for 2 billion less than he is expecting. I understand 5 billion is still a hell of a lot of money, But i know he would be salty, and I enjoy that.

I hope he losses all of it. He managed to weasel his way into an NFL team, his name is tarnished, and I hope he fails at everything for eternity until he is destitute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb down 1

Just for the record, a parade regarding Dan’s departure was at one point what felt like a pipe dream, but was definitely a topic of discussion long ago.

To take it a step further, I haven’t heard them talk about it much of late but G&D we’re making plans for a parade sponsored by 106.7 the fan - inviting back all the folks he’s done wrong as guest speakers and the whole bit.

All I know is I’m in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for the record, a parade regarding Dan’s departure was at one point what felt like a pipe dream, but was definitely a topic of discussion long ago.

To take it a step further, I haven’t heard them talk about it much of late but G&D we’re making plans for a parade sponsored by 106.7 the fan - inviting back all the folks he’s done wrong as guest speakers and the whole bit.

All I know is I’m in.

Let's get a guest list going. I'll start:

Norv Turner

Charlie Casserly

John Riggins

Family of Marty Schottenheimer

Steve Spurrier

Jim Zorn

Mike & Kyle Shanahan (the Shanahai)

Jay Gruden

John Gruden

Vinny Cerrato