Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The kid on the left has future stud written all over him.

The kid on the right looks like TH diving towards the pylon....he could have a controversial future on this site.

I firmly believe our franchise QB was born last year.  We just have to stay patient.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

When did this thread morph into a draft thread?  Need more news about the sale

This needs to be heeded.

You guys are getting sloppy with more than one thread.

Also, lots of posts that should be in atn show up in this forum.

Follow the rules, stay on topic.

• Like 6

Listening to sheehan's podcast yesterday, he mentioned he hears everything still on track for the sale.  and the narrative he hears is that the Snyders are "resigned" to selling.  Comes off like its not what they want to do but have to as to my interpertation of the word.  Sheehan said the resignation is predicated on the finances.  He's talked about their cash flow issues in other segments.  This time he highlighted the loan they have to pay back and the cost of a new stadium.

Grant Paulsen on and off also says he believes Dan's selling is based on financial issues.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to sheehan's podcast yesterday, he mentioned he hears everything still on track for the sale.  and the narrative he hears is that the Snyders are "resigned" to selling.  Comes off like its not what they want to do but have to as to my interpertation of the word.  Sheehan said the resignation is predicated on the finances.  He's talked about their cash flow issues in other segments.  This time he highlighted the loan they have to pay back and the cost of a new stadium.

Grant Paulsen on and off also says he believes Dan's selling is based on financial issues.

CASH FLOW ISSUES!?

NO WAY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

CASH FLOW ISSUES!?

NO WAY!

Well, those IMAX theaters don't come cheap, ya know...especially when they're crammed into a yacht. Or maybe he's just spending all of it on Chevas Regal.

If true, one has to wonder if the Belt Buckle Boy Wonder has enough cash to buy an English soccer club.

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Well, those IMAX theaters don't come cheap, ya know...especially when they're crammed into a yacht. Or maybe he's just spending all of it on Chevas Regal.

If true, one has to wonder if the Belt Buckle Boy Wonder has enough cash to buy an English soccer club.

All kidding aside... he will when he sells the Commandos. 

21 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I can’t imagine being so poor with money that I would have financial issues as an owner of a football team. I guess that happens when you buy Six Flags, Johnny Rockets, yachts and all the other really poor decisions he has made. 

Ciao!

You have to be a seriously poor businessman not to make money off an NLF franchise. Especially one steeped in tradition and residing in the nations capital. The franchise was such a cash cow that it still took 20 plus years to get to this point. Unfathomable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

You have to be a seriously poor businessman not to make money off an NLF franchise. Especially one steeped in tradition and residing in the nations capital. The franchise was such a cash cow that it still took 20 plus years to get to this point. Unfathomable. 

He paid 800 million and used a lot of financing and minority partners initially. He cashed out his minority partners who owned 40% on a low interest loan and bought them out for 1 billiona couple of years ago. That stake alone will likely be worth 3 billion after the sale is completed. 2 billion profit for being such a jerk they wanted out even at a steep discount. He gamed his Snyder communications luck into milking the Redskins pretty well. He will walk away with over 6 billion after the debts are paid off. He definitely made money on this venture at every step of the way. He’s a moron in every other business but even he wasn’t able to lose on this one. 

All joking aside, I never thought the time would come where Snyder would be gone.  I had resigned myself to the fact that he or a member of his family would be the owner of this team for the rest of my lifetime.  I accepted it as an inconvenient truth and worked around the issue so I could still enjoy watching Football and the team I love. 

At the end of the day though, I will not shed a tear when he is gone.  I think he always wanted to win, but he had no clue how to do it, and refused to heed the advice of all the people who have filtered through his building that DID know.  I firmly believe that if he had just displayed an ounce of humility, recognized his own deficiencies, and listened to "Football People" his tenure would have been different.  What if Marty had been left to build the team?  How different that first decade might have been?  How different things might have been once Marty had retired and theoretically set us up for further success?  We will never know.  I point to Marty's firing as the true beginning of our misery under Snyder.  We had talented people in the building over the last 20 years.  Some had won Super Bowls in other places.  Yet here, they all were all average to below average producers at best.    

27 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

At the end of the day though, I will not shed a tear when he is gone.

I will...tears of joy. On the other hand, what will I do with my life when I don't have Snyder to kick around any more? 😬

Guess I need to find some hobbies...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

7 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

At the end of the day though, I will not shed a tear when he is gone.  I think he always wanted to win, but he had no clue how to do it, and refused to heed the advice of all the people who have filtered through his building that DID know.  I firmly believe that if he had just displayed an ounce of humility, recognized his own deficiencies, and listened to "Football People" his tenure would have been different.  What if Marty had been left to build the team?  How different that first decade might have been?  How different things might have been once Marty had retired and theoretically set us up for further success?  We will never know.  I point to Marty's firing as the true beginning of our misery under Snyder.  We had talented people in the building over the last 20 years.  Some had won Super Bowls in other places.  Yet here, they all were all average to below average producers at best.   

We can what if numerous scenarios, and there is no doubt he wanted to win - but who doesn’t?

I think we can look to every other failure outside of this team in conjunction with all that’s come out about what’s taken place at Redskins/Commanders Park since he showed up and confidently conclude that we never even had a chance with this dude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gotta wonder how much the league and other owners have harped on that with you (being dan) here its never going to get better and will only get worse. When Ron doesnt work out for you no one is going to want to work for you and we wont help you what so ever. You cant get a new stadium. We arent approving a move. You will have zero fans show up. Your finances will only get worse and that loan isnt going away. 

Maybe that loan for the buyout was the best thing possible. Maybe the coup didnt work out in the end for the 3 owners but its looking like the big trump card that the league played knowing Dan couldnt pay it off. 

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Gotta wonder how much the league and other owners have harped on that with you (being dan) here its never going to get better and will only get worse. When Ron doesnt work out for you no one is going to want to work for you and we wont help you what so ever. You cant get a new stadium. We arent approving a move. You will have zero fans show up. Your finances will only get worse and that loan isnt going away. 

Maybe that loan for the buyout was the best thing possible. Maybe the coup didnt work out in the end for the 3 owners but its looking like the big trump card that the league played knowing Dan couldnt pay it off. 

Yeah digesting the narratives it feels like the league giving him that loan to buy out his partners, helped set up this situation.

Dan has to pay off a 450 million loan to the league.  From what I understand because of that loan the league can hold back giving him money for the stadium, if I recall the league gives like a 300 million loan for owners to purchase a stadium but might not in this case.

Looked like Virginia would give him major help for a stadium, then it becomes a modest amount, then it was nothing. 

I got he thought Wentz would juice everything up and attendance would return.  It didn't happen obviously

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/11/23301849/dan-snyder-we-finally-have-ourselves-a-qb-fedex-field-will-have-big

Dan Snyder: We finally have ourselves a QB, FedEx Field will have big-time attendance shortly

+
posted by Scott Jennings on Aug 11, 2022

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He paid 800 million and used a lot of financing and minority partners initially. He cashed out his minority partners who owned 40% on a low interest loan and bought them out for 1 billiona couple of years ago. That stake alone will likely be worth 3 billion after the sale is completed. 2 billion profit for being such a jerk they wanted out even at a steep discount. He gamed his Snyder communications luck into milking the Redskins pretty well. He will walk away with over 6 billion after the debts are paid off. He definitely made money on this venture at every step of the way. He’s a moron in every other business but even he wasn’t able to lose on this one. 

I guess that's my point, he did nothing in his own right to add value to this franchise. Any money he makes is because no matter how bad of a businessman you are, the NFL being a huge money maker in its own right, will continue to add value to the individual franchises even if the individual organization is a cluster. 

• Like 1

The NFL is the only business where you can put out an inferior product for 20+ years and still sell the company for almost 10 times what you paid for it...

No wonder the NFL is actively considering stupid ideas like neutral-site conference championship games (which won't stop there...they'll then offer up every playoff game and every regular season to the highest bidding city) or placing a team in London...or the Moon.

NFL owners after presenting these ideas to the public:

rich-men-laughing.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1