Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't see any reason why a big tech CEO can't be highly driven, tough, demand high standards, and push limits while also treating other people with dignity and respect at the same time. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Definately agree on that.

But most people tend to think others are assholes and ruthless if they disagree with you for whatever reason. Even if they are right and you're stubborn on it, you'll qualify them as such while you are.

If you go to work and meet an asshole, you just met an asshole.

If you only meet assholes, then you are the asshole.

This debate is highly subjective and jealousy takes a high place in it.

And when it comes to comparing Amazon workplace enivornment to the Commanders one, when that's tough to compare because you've got a worldwide company with ten thousands of employees from one side where Bezos clearly is not looking at everyone and has to rely on lots and lots of small managers for almost everything. And on the otherside you've got a company with three hundred people all on the same small site where it's way easier to rule them all.

So in that regard,I would believe that Dan is a way greater asshole than Bezos.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

So, if we don't hear anything more about the sale by, say, Friday February 17th, we are agreed that we can be pissed off and start to get worried?

No. 

Dan didn’t become owner until summer. Of course the original group was rejected.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the team isn’t sold until late March/April with approval in the May meetings.

If you don’t hear anything by May; then you can worry.

I figure right now, they are in round 2. Trying to get remaining bidders to raise their bids and lure anyone else to bid, like Bezos.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

So, if we don't hear anything more about the sale by, say, Friday February 17th, we are agreed that we can be pissed off and start to get worried?

Time does not bring me much in the way of worry.

It feels like full steam ahead to me until I hear otherwise, no matter how long it takes. Save reports about various factors actively gumming up the works, I feel about the same now as I would next week or I would in a month.

Plus I'm confident a back out would lead to some Armageddon/Ragnarok wombo-combo that hits like the fist of an angry God and would lead to his removal anyway so... Yeah, I am not too worried.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

But if we're really categorizing, these guys are literally in a league of their own: the founder/inventor => top 20 worlds most successful people.  

There just aren't many of them, and they tend to all have some very significant personality flaws that might actually factor into why they are so succesful.  And frankly, they have all stepped over, on top of, and screwed countless people to get to where they are.  Bill Gates comes off as a humble every-man.  He literally stole from Xerox and Apple virtually everything that made Microsoft successful and didn't bat an eye doing it.  

Some might just be more polite about it. 

I really don't care one way or the other.  Jobs was a jackass to just about everybody forever.  There isn't a company in existence that wouldn't hire him right now (granted, yeah, I know he's dead, but if he were alive) to run their business.  Because he was a genius, and could see things nobody else could.  

I think it's the same with Bezos.  I'd gladly take his mind and his money and deal with the rest.  

That's fine.  I'd take his money and roll the dice, too.

But the rationalization on this thread by some that Bezos is the right kind of A'hole is just as pure speculation as those who see it as a red flag.

I only mention it because watching business news a lot for over 20 years.  Some may have noticed that I like to use stock references to football here and there -- Bezo's being a douche is a major part of the narrative when people have talked about him over the years to the degree where its hard for me to forget.  And no that's not because almost every successful enterpeneur is trashed on CNBC as a douche personality -- Bezos is way more infamous for it than anyone I can think of sans Jobs.

Some here say its meaningless and everyone is an A-hole who is that level rich or the way Bezos channels his behavior will be perfectly on point or will be a nothing burger.  I am not even saying they are wrong.  I am just saying its speculative either way as for how that variable unfolds. 

I'll take Bezos in a heartbeat.  but the behavior is something I'll keep in the back of my head of he ends up the dude versus dismissing it as irrelevant, that's all.

lol, it reminds me a little of back in my college days when a close friend started dating someone I knew from someone else as being high maintenance.  But they didn't want to hear about it in the throes of the early dating.  Later on, they were like yeah that warning is on point.  I am not saying its apples to apples here with Bezos but the analogy seems on point to me where any negativity is dismissed and spun away because all it does it dampen the romance.

So again I am not trying to be a killjoy in the height of the romance of how Bezos takes us to the promised land.  I'd take Bezos.  But if we are going to harp on red flags from other prospective owners I am not going to dismiss red flags about Bezos like he is the one and only pristine prospect and walks on water. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

while today as San Fran and Philly are kicking off would be a great time for Dan to put out a statement that the terms for a sales have been agreed on, I can imagine him wanting to **** with the NFL's well scripted SB Sunday by dropping that at kickoff or right before the halftime show starts.

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

If it actually took until January 2024, this place is gonna RIOT. 

I believe his point was that the new owner would have been installed anytime during this year, and early january he names his GMs and then we roll with that and completly cut ties with Dan's era, because 2023 won't matter much as a new owner will cut everyone out of this misery that this team is.

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

If it actually took until January 2024, this place is gonna RIOT. 

hey, that's new owner and new GM.  There comes a point where the new owner, who will be here first, will need to roll with what's available

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's fine.  I'd take his money and roll the dice, too.

But the rationalization on this thread by some that Bezos is the right kind of A'hole is just as pure speculation as those who see it as a red flag.

I only mention it because watching business news a lot for over 20 years.  Some may have noticed that I like to use stock references to football here and there -- Bezo's being a douche is a major part of the narrative when people have talked about him over the years to the degree where its hard for me to forget.  And no that's not because almost every successful enterpeneur is trashed on CNBC as a douche personality -- Bezos is way more infamous for it than anyone I can think of sans Jobs.

Some here say its meaningless and everyone is an A-hole who is that level rich or the way Bezos channels his behavior will be perfectly on point or will be a nothing burger.  I am not even saying they are wrong.  I am just saying its speculative either way as for how that variable unfolds. 

I'll take Bezos in a heartbeat.  but the behavior is something I'll keep in the back of my head of he ends up the dude versus dismissing it as irrelevant, that's all.

lol, it reminds me a little of back in my college days when a close friend started dating someone I knew from someone else as being high maintenance.  But they didn't want to hear about it in the throes of the early dating.  Later on, they were like yeah that warning is on point.  I am not saying its apples to apples here with Bezos but the analogy seems on point to me where any negativity is dismissed and spun away because all it does it dampen the romance.

So again I am not trying to be a killjoy in the height of the romance of how Bezos takes us to the promised land.  I'd take Bezos.  But if we are going to harp on red flags from other prospective owners I am not going to dismiss red flags about Bezos like he is the one and only pristine prospect and walks on water. 

So if I understand this correctly, your college friend dated Bezos?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

I believe his point was that the new owner would have been installed anytime during this year, and early january he names his GMs and then we roll with that and completly cut ties with Dan's era, because 2023 won't matter much as a new owner will cut everyone out of this misery that this team is.

Yes. All you need is the new owner running the team by 1/1/24. So, the sale can happen as late as fall and approved in fall meetings.  

The new owner fires Ron. Gets his Gm and Gm hires coach.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My guess is new owner hires a GM sometime after the draft. Give the GM a year to evaluate Rivera and his staff as well as the roster as a whole. 

Hopefully as soon as he enters the office. Ron and Co cant be allowed to torpedo the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Hopefully as soon as he enters the office. Ron and Co cant be allowed to torpedo the future.

Agree.

We gotta get Ron and his crew out of here as soon as responsibly possible.  We're so far behind the best teams in our conference and NFL as a whole.  Those teams are playing on a much higher level with much greater consistency.  We need a stud Qb for sure, but what ails us goes beyond just he QB position, and beyond just players in general.  We've got real coaching issues that will continue to hold this team back.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since our last Super Bowl win 

Dallas has won 3

Giants have won 2

Eagles will be playing for their 2nd

Add to that the NFC Championships won by the Eagles and Giants.  

God the last 30 years have sucked ass.  No good reason why this team should have fallen this far.    

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Yeah the new owner should be mandating to Ron that no moves will be allowed that mortgage the future(i.e. trading future 1st rounders to move up in the draft or for a vet QB, etc.).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Commander PK said:

Since our last Super Bowl win 

Dallas has won 3

Giants have won 2

Eagles will be playing for their 2nd

Add to that the NFC Championships won by the Eagles and Giants.  

God the last 30 years have sucked ass.  No good reason why this team should have fallen this far.    

At least we can currently take solace that the Cowboys, like us, haven't made it to the NFCCG since the 90s and the Giants, despite making the playoffs a couple times, have been pretty lousy the past decade.

The Eagles have truly been a gold standard team for pretty much the past 30 seasons. And its crazy how they had a monster year and won a SB, hit bottom three seasons later, and now are back with another monster year and another trip with a Lombardi at stake. That organization seems miles above ours.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

My guess is new owner hires a GM sometime after the draft. Give the GM a year to evaluate Rivera and his staff as well as the roster as a whole. 

The fly in the ointment is Rivera has personnel control contractually. Good chance a GM is not hired until after the 2023 season

8 hours ago, method man said:

The fly in the ointment is Rivera has personnel control contractually. Good chance a GM is not hired until after the 2023 season

Things like that never stopped Snyder from being able to interfere over the years. People with relationships in the league don’t tend to make their own coaching lives harder by seeking out conflict like that, I’m sure if the new owner wants to hire a GM, Rivera will play nice. Not really worth fighting over and pointing at the fine print when you (and the assistants who are relying on you) can just be fired at any moment 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the new owner should be mandating to Ron that no moves will be allowed that mortgage the future(i.e. trading future 1st rounders to move up in the draft or for a vet QB, etc.).

While yes Ron has gone the vet QB route it hasn't really hurt the team as much as you think it has. Ron's entire tenure here he has never traded up in the first round so what would make you believe he'd start now? We have a core group of guys that are building blocks for the future, and I credit Ron with the way this team is built. Yes, we don't have a QB per say (maybe howell will kill it, but who knows at this point) but we have a young group and some are starting to hit their stride in the NFL.

His past 3 drafts have actually been really good for this team, he gets players that are drafted late to produce.

Edited by Tress Is The Way
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

While yes Ron has gone the vet QB route it hasn't really hurt the team as much as you think it has. Ron's entire tenure here he has never traded up in the first round so what would make you believe he'd start now? We have a core group of guys that are building blocks for the future, and I credit Ron with the way this team is built. Yes, we don't have a QB per say (maybe howell will kill it, but who knows at this point) but we have a young group and some are starting to hit their stride in the NFL.

His past 3 drafts have actually been really good for this team, he gets players that are drafted late to produce.

Because now he's desperate. He's been here three years and hasn't figured out the QB situation and now there is gonna be a new owner in place who has zero loyalty to him and doesn't need him as a shield the way Snyder does/did.

I'd be surprised based on everything that the beat guys have said they heard that Ron would trade up for a QB. 

I'll grant though lets wait deeper in the process to see if they fall in love with any of these QBs.

I'd still be surpised.  IMO Bryce Young or Stroud or Levis isn't worth giving up a big haul in a trade up.  And Richardson wouldn't serve an expedient purpose since he's a project.

As for a veteran trade, for whom?  Keim seems pretty convinced they are not interested in trading for Carr.  GB supposedly won't trade Rodgers to the NFC.  Jimmy G and Brady are FAs.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Because now he's desperate. He's been here three years and hasn't figured out the QB situation and now there is gonna be a new owner in place who has zero loyalty to him and doesn't need him as a shield the way Snyder does/did.

I'd be more inclined to let the past speak for itself. Panthers got a new owner in 2018, the new owner kept Rivera because he is a respected, and unlike dan synder is hands off. Sure we may see a new GM brought in IF the team does sell, but I don't expect Rivera to be fired right away. He will get a leash though.

• Like 1