Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any reason that what happened to the Steelers and Cardinals the past two seasons will happen to the Eagles this year?

hail2skins

Steelers started out undefeated in 2020, we ended their streak, and they floundered to an early playoff exit. Last year Cards started 7-0 but struggled down the stretch and weren't competitive against the Rams in the first round.

Eagles are 6-0 and have a bye this week. What happens after? I can't remember what happened to the previous two teams. Was it mainly injury factors, or was it something else?

No. The Eagles should at least make it nfc championship game. Who in the nfc will challenge them.

Minny. You really trust Kirk ?

GB if they make playoffs are a quick exit.

SF? They are .500 and likely won’t repeat what they did last year.

LA- doubtful.

TB- Tampa will be a quick playoff exit. Tom will regret ever coming back.

NY- doubt the Giants beat them in the playoffs.

Dallas- they may be the only team that stops. Will need to see the rematch with Dak first.

As much as it sucks; Eagles seem in a good position to make a run.

• Sad 2

I think for the Steelers, they were just a very overrated 11-0 team. I remember tons of people saying that, that year. Heck, Dallas almost beat them, with their (I think) 3rd string QB. 

for the cardinals, I think that was just a case of a Kliff kingsbury team simply faltering down the stretch, and kyler murray was a bit hobbled 2nd half of the season if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's two great fanbases. I feel bad for the [people of LA that weekend.  :ols:

LA was last season.....this season the SB is in Phoenix.

Reminds me of when the Eagles played the Pats in Jacksonville. I worked with a big Eagles fan and he went to the game. Came back and said "Pats fans were pretty cool, Eagles fans were mostly assholes." Think he got into a fight down there with another Eagles fan!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Eagles have a legitimate QB and a stacked roster around him. They'll lose at some point but I think they're a lock at this point for at least the NFC Title game. 

I think everyone knows I started watching these Eagles last year, once our season was done and by the end of the year I was all in on Hurts. Eagles definitely hadn't bought in until the end of their season. I follow a lot of Phily sports social media pages and it's been really easy to buy into this team. They legit all like each other. Some of the FAs/new acquisitions, we're reaching out and asking to be part of the team. The energy is unreal like I've never seen any team. And Hurts is totally the leader of that locker room. Eagles are a fun ride this season,

And they stacked their team, while adding depth and draft picks. They're not going to be a sold out dream team like the Rams who are already starting to spoil.

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

LA was last season.....this season the SB is in Phoenix.

Reminds me of when the Eagles played the Pats in Jacksonville. I worked with a big Eagles fan and he went to the game. Came back and said "Pats fans were pretty cool, Eagles fans were mostly assholes." Think he got into a fight down there with another Eagles fan!

I get my years mixed up. Like 20 years ago, means 1980's  :ols: 

Eagles fans are hostel for sure, but after going to an eagles game in a skins jersey and going to a redskins game in a redskins jersey and still having opposing fans make me feel the same way, I'm fine with it. I respect it a lot more, that's for sure.

RPO and slants will beat some of these weaker/average teams, but that won't carry you to the Super Bowl. To think that the Eagles will stay like this while ALL the other teams also fail to make adjustments is presumptuous. Let's see how they do when they're basic plan no longer works for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Now they sign Quinn from the Bears. 

On 10/17/2022 at 11:06 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I can't believe you guys are still sleeping on the Birds. Eagles are going back to the Superbowl.

Seriously doubt it. They'll probably win 14-15 games because they play nobody all year. Once they face an actual good defense Fields won't be able to handle it.

He has 6 TD passes in 6 games. With those receivers he should have a lot more than that. 

20 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Seriously doubt it. They'll probably win 14-15 games because they play nobody all year. Once they face an actual good defense Fields won't be able to handle it.

He has 6 TD passes in 6 games. With those receivers he should have a lot more than that. 

I think Hurts is the QB you’re thinking of. 

but wow, didn’t know he has only 6 TD passes so far. Interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not for people like me that don’t enjoy seeing divisional rivals win. Congratulations on the win though, I won’t be surprised if they’re in the super bowl. And I’ll 100% be cheering for the AFC team.

You wanted them to lose a SB o he Patriots?

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

That's too bad, cause the eagles are gonna be good for a long time

Yep, I have no doubt about that. I am smart enough to admit that. I’m also loyal enough to my team that I’ll cheer against my division rivals, while at the same time acknowledging that they’re having a good year :)  I’m not like other people that will say “oh, they suck”, when they clearly don’t. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, I have no doubt about that. I am smart enough to admit that. I’m also loyal enough to my team that I’ll cheer against my division rivals, while at the same time acknowledging that they’re having a good year :)  I’m not like other people that will say “oh, they suck”, when they clearly don’t. 

May be an image of ‎1 person, playing football and ‎text that says '‎POND LEHOCKY JALEN HURTS 140.6 PASSER RATING cا EAGLES 285 PASSING YARDS TOUCHDOWNS STAT SPOTLIGHT‎'‎‎

On 10/31/2022 at 1:45 PM, Koolblue13 said:

That's too bad, cause the eagles are gonna be good for a long time

So did you also join the Cowturds bandwagon in the 90s and then the Patriots bandwagon after 2001? How about the Seahawks after 2013 when everybody thought they were going to win a pile of Super Bowls?

Also,. I doubt the long time part for the Eagles. If Hurts actually keeps it up, they'll have to pay him soon, they'll blow some 1sts on scrubs, lose players because they're paying Hurts 50 Million and he isn't Mahomes. Then they'll be mediocre again.

So they better win it all in the next 2 years and Mahomes, Allen, and the rest of the AFC QBs aren't going anywhere. Maybe the Chargers will finally get a good HC too.

Hurts looked kind of mediocre taking those sacks earlier vs an average Texans defense. Wait untill they get to the playoffs. He might just turn into Lamar again.

• Like 1