Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

While Turner is clearly limited in what he can do with Heinicke at QB, he also has too many WTF moments when it comes to playcalling. 

The 3rd and 2 draw into 4th and 1 bootleg pass was just atrocious. And of course the random double flea flicker crap when we were inside, what, the 20 yard line? QB draw on 3rd and 9. The list goes on and on.

The Heinicke and Turner combination are basically the worst of both worlds.

I mean the double reverse fleaflicker was weird whoever was at QB.  And the fourth and 1 pass I hate, cause people will include that in why TH had a bad game when it was a bad call, perfect pass and good defensive play

With 8 minutes left in a game we were winning by 7 points, on a 2nd down and 11, on our own 30 yard line, Scott Turner called a shotgun spread formation with an empty backfield. Read that again and tell me we have an intelligent, competent play caller and I will call you an absolute moron.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

With 8 minutes left in a game we were winning by 7 points, on a 2nd down and 11, on our own 30 yard line, Scott Turner called a shotgun spread formation with an empty backfield. Read that again and tell me we have an intelligent, competent play caller and I will call you an absolute moron.

If that was the Heinicke pick play than I will say in Turner's defense, Thomas was wide open on that play. Any decent QB converts that for an easy first down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MrJL said:

I mean the double reverse fleaflicker was weird whoever was at QB.  And the fourth and 1 pass I hate, cause people will include that in why TH had a bad game when it was a bad call, perfect pass and good defensive play

Not that it’s hard to discern from most of your posting, but it seems you care more about Heinicke and what folks say about him, than you do anything else.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that it’s hard to discern from most of your posting, but it seems you care more about Heinicke and what folks say about him, than you do anything else.

yes, because I think people are unnecessarily hostile to him and it pisses me off, considering what's going on around him.  I think Heinicke had one bad pass yesterday, and it was a backbreaker, but considering the number of stupid plays he executed as well as could be expected I don't see how he's the biggest problem

I don't like it when people don't consider everything that's going on

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

yes, because I think people are unnecessarily hostile to him and it pisses me off, considering what's going on around him.  I think Heinicke had one bad pass yesterday, and it was a backbreaker, but considering the number of stupid plays he executed as well as could be expected I don't see how he's the biggest problem

I don't like it when people don't consider everything that's going on

Tell me you graduated from ODU without telling me you graduated from ODU.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Tell me you graduated from ODU without telling me you graduated from ODU.

sorry no, I'm barely a college attendee, forget a college grad

I've just been the same way for all our QBs.  I don't like our fans attitudes towards them

Edited by MrJL

Suffering through the Turner experience once again made me think of Kevin O'Connell and how good Haskins looked under him in those last two games of his rookie year. Especially compared to how he looked under Turner. 

Also, how good KOC is at game management. Riverboat Ron -- who didn't want KOC because he didn't have the most important thing on his resume (working with Ron before) -- sure could learn a thing or two from him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

22 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Suffering through the Turner experience once again made me think of Kevin O'Connell and how good Haskins looked under him in those last two games of his rookie year. Especially compared to how he looked under Turner. 

Also, how good KOC is at game management. Riverboat Ron -- who didn't want KOC because he didn't have the most important thing on his resume (working with Ron before) -- sure could learn a thing or two from him. 

Even though the team was terrible, I thought O'Connell called some good games. Much better than Gruden, but not quite on Shanahan's level. 

Scott Turner has never done much for me. Seems to talk alot about involving the backs in the passing game and making use of a gadget player like Samuel or Gibson, but this rarely materializes come game day. Instead, it's just goofy trick plays and jet sweeps at the worst times.

I also really loathe the empty sets in short yardage. I get that motioning a back out helps to identify man/zone, but it nullifies the threat of the run completely. He also seems to only stick with the run when Heinicke is playing.

I got tired of complaining about the guy quite awhile ago, though. He'll be gone soon enough.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Hooper said:

It was such a bummer that Ron let KOC go - if I recall, the issue is KOC wanted to have a say on the staff but Ron wanted to bring in all his Carolina assistants. Perhaps, Turner would've learned a few things from KOC sitting in the QB coach seat

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

It was such a bummer that Ron let KOC go - if I recall, the issue is KOC wanted to have a say on the staff but Ron wanted to bring in all his Carolina assistants. Perhaps, Turner would've learned a few things from KOC sitting in the QB coach seat

Well it clearly worked out for the best!

For Minnesota.

And the bank accounts of Ron's friends.

I believe if we had someone other than Turner on Sunday as the offensive coordinator we would have beat Minnesota.

Why doesn't he have TH running outside the pocket and then throwing to receivers?  Instead we see batted balls from Viking defenders.

On fourth and one he calls a pass play which failed instead of a simple quarterback sneak.  We have let good offensive coordinators go

to other teams and become Head Coaches while we hire Ron who is a defensive coach and knows nothing about offense.  Cannot wait

unitl the Danny sells this team and the new owner brings in a new set of coaches by first hiring a competent General Manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I believe if we had someone other than Turner on Sunday as the offensive coordinator we would have beat Minnesota.

Why doesn't he have TH running outside the pocket and then throwing to receivers?  Instead we see batted balls from Viking defenders.

On fourth and one he calls a pass play which failed instead of a simple quarterback sneak.  We have let good offensive coordinators go

to other teams and become Head Coaches while we hire Ron who is a defensive coach and knows nothing about offense.  Cannot wait

unitl the Danny sells this team and the new owner brings in a new set of coaches by first hiring a competent General Manager.

Did you see Mark Bullock's recap?  Turner schemed players wide open all day long.  Heineke is so limited that he can't execute a simple offense.  Minnesota was playing to contain Heineke and it worked.  He's a limited player that can't muster any offense.  

Edited by mhd24

I am pretty surprised that Cosmi is still riding the bench. We have this super athletic OT in his second year who is moving everyone in the run game, yet we do not play him even though he is back and healthy. Yes, he has struggled in pass protection but so has Lucas these last two games. In fact, Lucas has looked horrible in pass protection and he doesn't move anyone in the run game. Also, Cosmi had to play next to a hurt Trai Turner who got benched for his performances back then.

Our running game is so bad that I don't understand why we aren't trying him at guard at least. The Bears moved Tevin Jenkins to guard and he has looked really good there. Yet we rather sit Cosmi for some journeymen that shouldn't be in our long-term plans.

4 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Did you see Mark Bullock's recap?  Turner schemed players wide open all day long.  Heineke is so limited that he can't execute a simple offense.  Minnesota was playing to contain Heineke and it worked.  He's a limited player that can't muster any offense.  

I will check out Mark B's recap tonight after work.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

I am pretty surprised that Cosmi is still riding the bench. We have this super athletic OT in his second year who is moving everyone in the run game, yet we do not play him even though he is back and healthy. Yes, he has struggled in pass protection but so has Lucas these last two games. In fact, Lucas has looked horrible in pass protection and he doesn't move anyone in the run game. Also, Cosmi had to play next to a hurt Trai Turner who got benched for his performances back then.

Our running game is so bad that I don't understand why we aren't trying him at guard at least. The Bears moved Tevin Jenkins to guard and he has looked really good there. Yet we rather sit Cosmi for some journeymen that shouldn't be in our long-term plans.

Didn't even realize he was healthy. In fairness he was really bad at RT, at least in pass pro, earlier this year. He did grade out to be a good run blocker though, so if we are going with this run first approach until Wentz returns we should put him back in there. I mean, you don't get better by sitting on the bench and he is a heck of a talent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Good Lord, let's hope.

I am pretty sure its what happened on Sunday.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

• 1st & 10 at MIN 23

(0:50 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Heinicke pass incomplete deep left to J.Bates.

At the 23 lol.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1