Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can You See Your Fandom Ending at Some Point???

Renegade7

Do you see yourself at some point ending being a Commanders fan???  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see yourself at some pointing ending being a Commanders fan???

• Yes, and I'll pick another team to be fan of (and never come back, not even for replacement DC franchise)
    • Yes, and I'll pick another team to be fan of (Open to coming back)
    • Yes, but won't pick another team to be fan of (Open to Coming Back)
    • Yes, but won't pick another team to be fan of (Never Coming Back)
    • No, fan for life, even if they move to another TV market, like London or St. Louis
    • No, but if they leave DC market I'll be fan of another team (and become fan of new DC football team if DC gets one)
    • No, but if they leave DC market I won't pick a new team (will be fan of new DC football team if DC get's one)
    • No, but if they leave DC market I'll pick new team and not be fan of a replacement DC franchise
    • No, if they leave I'm not picking new team nor being fan of new DC team if DC gets one
    • I don't know
    • It's too late, I'm already gone...
    • Yes, and let's be clear, if I'm only coming back for a new DC franchise, that means I'll NEVER be Commanders fan again once I'm gone (I'm never coming back)

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

I did not say that I said “I strongly believe that either Rivera will go 7-4 now or we have a new coaching staff next year and I’ll need to give that staff a year or two”. LOL about my reading comprehension? I in no way intimated that I believe we will. However, given the fact that we do have 11 games remaining, it is of course still possible.

OK, I did assume on the context of this thread and my previous posts so I didn't think I'd need to re-write everything.

Your sentence was “I strongly believe either they go 7-4, or there’s a new staff” (that you’ll then give two years). Strongly believing 7-4 is one of two possible things that occurs, is why I asked what makes you think 7-4 is a possibility (again, because of what YOU, yourself, wrote). Which you have yet to answer why you think it’s one of the two possibilities. Holy **** this should not be that complicated.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Your sentence was “I strongly believe either they go 7-4, or there’s a new staff” (that you’ll then give two years). Strongly believing 7-4 is one of two possible things that occurs, is why I asked what makes you think 7-4 is a possibility (again, because of what YOU, yourself, wrote). Which you have yet to answer why you think it’s one of the two possibilities. Holy **** this should not be that complicated.

Why is it so hard for you to read the plain meaning here?  OK, I did rely on context too much. Strongly believe that we need to go 7-4 or better if we don't want to move on from the current coaching staff is in no way stating that I believe they will go 9-8 or better.

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Why is it so hard for you to read the plain meaning here?  OK, I did rely on context too much. Strongly believe that we need to go 7-4 or better if we don't want to move on from the current coaching staff is in no way stating that I believe they will go 9-8 or better.

Strongly believing what they NEED to do if they don’t want to move on from the current coaching staff is completely different than what your sentence said. The way you wrote it NOW, I agree with. The way you wrote it before, read completely different. 

Uh, Philly is 3 wins from 9. NY is 4 wins from 9. Dallas is 5 wins from 9. We are 7 wins from 9.  I say those other 3 teams have a much better chance of reaching 9 wins than we do. Odds are the nfc east sends 3 teams to the playoffs. Odds are also strong we go 0-6 or 1-5 in the division.   We aren’t going 7-4. Best case we go 4-7.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

I was finally done soon as they officially botched the rebrand so badly.  I've tried this season to get into another team, but I'm not sure I can ever do it, even living in Chiefs territory. 

I haven't watched a single minute of a game this year other than redzone and it's been the most stress free season in decades. 

The only thing even keeping my interest enough to stay checking in here is the fact that I actually have optimism for once that Little Napoleon may finally get his due. 

Outside of Snyder (and his entire family) being ousted, I'm never coming back. 

Hail. Always. 

• Like 3

No one will think bad of you for leaving or switching teams. The Redskins/Washington Football Team are gone forever.

The rich franchise history, marching band, iconic uniforms, and traditions are all gone.

I stuck around from 2020-2021 for the Washington Football Team because we kept the uniforms, history and everything else. But this horrid rebrand on 2.2.22 was an absolute dumpster fire. I hate the name, I hate the uniforms, I hate everything about it. 

Sam Huff, Sammy Baugh, Sonny Jurgensen, John Riggins, Joe Theisman, Dexter Manley, Mark Rypien, Dough Williams, Brian Mitchell and Sean Taylor NEVER took one snap for the commanders. Never. This is a brand new team, this is Snyder's team not ours. We can now wipe our slates clean because the team we grew up with is officially dead and they're never coming back. 

The Cleveland Guardians did it correctly. They kept the historic uniforms and picked a name that sounds phonetically similar to Indians. Plus they had a kick ass reveal party with Tom Hanks.

Compare that with the Ders. They had Doug Williams uncomfortably say "We...uh...we're Commanders" on national TV. 

Time to move on, especially for us displaced fans who no longer have ties in the DMV. There's nothing about the Commanders which pay homage to the past, not a damn thing. Those uniforms are ghastly. Whoever designed these needs to be drug tested. 

HTTR forever

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, posse87 said:

Honestly, ask yourself what coach would want to come here? 

A retread good ol' boy who was fired by other teams before and was never able to replicate their earlier success (Schottenheimer, Shanahan, Rivera)

A retread legend who was never able to replicate his earlier success (Gibbs 2.0)

A college football legend who was never able to replicate earlier success he had in college in the pros. (Spurrier)

A hot OC who was underqualified to be a head coach in the first place, who was hamstrung because the GM played hardball with the franchise QB and let him walk for less than a bag of stale peanuts from a defunct airline, and therefore never had any success. (Gruden)

An OC who interviewed for the OC job but was then asked to interview for the head coach job, so he went out and bought a suit and came back to Snyder's office, and he was hired as the head coach despite being obviously under-qualifed, and had no success whatsoever. (Zorn)

These are the kinds of coaches who come here: retreads or coordinators who are not qualified (or empowered) to be a good head coach.

The kinds of coaches who leave here, on the other hand, are guys like Kyle Shanahan, Matt LaFleur, and Sean McVay...I believe they've had some successes.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Uh, Philly is 3 wins from 9. NY is 4 wins from 9. Dallas is 5 wins from 9. We are 7 wins from 9.  I say those other 3 teams have a much better chance of reaching 9 wins than we do. Odds are the nfc east sends 3 teams to the playoffs. Odds are also strong we go 0-6 or 1-5 in the division.   We aren’t going 7-4. Best case we go 4-7.

I think you're right that the other three teams in the division don't have to be amazing over the remaining 11 games to get to at least 10 wins, which would be good enough for the paloffs. However, that would still leave one wild card slot open. Are there four other teams in the conference at this point that you can confidently say will be in the paloffs?

Not that I'm confident at all that the Skins are that team. But I'm not sure that 4-7 the rest of the way is.best case either. It still wouldn't shock me if the team wound up 8-9

On 10/16/2022 at 1:43 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ozark GIFs | Tenor

On 10/17/2022 at 8:56 AM, posse87 said:

Getting another coach wouldn't be a problem for Dan.

There will always be some young upstart that will want to prove himself.

Or some retread coach with an ego that thinks he can be the one that turns things around in SnyderLand.

Besides which, Snyder offers enough power, flashes a lot of cash, that'll be enough bait on a hook to lure coaches here.

Remember we were asking this same question about who'd want to come here before Rivera showed up.

I'm 51 and a lifetime fan of The Washington Redskins.

I had missed less than 5 games since the time I was 10.

I became a season ticket holder when I was 30 

Like many of you, I would enter each fall with my fandom reinvigorated, hoping for something to click. Something magical, in spite of the turd who owns the team. Can we get a poop emoji on the toolbar please so that we can just insert it when referencing DS ?

The past 20+ years has been mostly agony. There is a common denominator (Insert poop emoji) 

Since the RONA' season when nobody could attend games I started doing stuff around the house and taping the game, or working in the garage and listening on the radio. Then I started playing golf in the morning and catching up when I got home. I slowly weened myself off of this insidious franchise and the literal S-storm of negativity that constantly surrounds it. 

I gave up the tix after 20 years.

I still ingest a lot of the media about the team but I just don't care as much as I once did. I purposely avoid listening or reading anything Shehan or Loverro have to say. They just make it worse and they act like a couple of wussies with an axe to grind. I'm just not into the constant negativity. Galdi, Kiem, Bmitch, JP etc..give me the information I need without making me feel as though its criminal to still care about this team 

I watch the games like a tourist. I bail when they suck and catch up on just how bad it was later.

I'm assured that I'm not going to miss anything of significance. It just ain't happening.

I feel bad for Ron, He seems like a good man and from all accounts a class act.

I feel bad for the players

I feel bad for the staff at Redskins Park 

I feel bad for all of us

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Getting another coach wouldn't be a problem for Dan.

There will always be some young upstart that will want to prove himself.

Or some retread coach with an ego that thinks he can be the one that turns things around in SnyderLand.

Besides which, Snyder offers enough power, flashes a lot of cash, that'll be enough bait on a hook to lure coaches here.

Remember we were asking this same question about who'd want to come here before Rivera showed up.

And Washington still hasn't won anything. Of course they will get a coach, just not one that wins 

Next coach will be an unproven offensive coordinator or QB coach, and most likely Martin Mayhew will remain as GM. El Dano has a completely predictable pattern: Hire an unproven offensive guy in hooes that he will be the next Joe Gibbs, undermine him when the team flounders because Snyderman has crap for personnel/GM, fire him and replace him with an over the hill renowned coach who also gets full control over personnel.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheBlueIndian said:

I'm 51 and a lifetime fan of The Washington Redskins.

I had missed less than 5 games since the time I was 10.

I became a season ticket holder when I was 30 

Like many of you, I would enter each fall with my fandom reinvigorated, hoping for something to click. Something magical, in spite of the turd who owns the team. Can we get a poop emoji on the toolbar please so that we can just insert it when referencing DS ?

The past 20+ years has been mostly agony. There is a common denominator (Insert poop emoji) 

Since the RONA' season when nobody could attend games I started doing stuff around the house and taping the game, or working in the garage and listening on the radio. Then I started playing golf in the morning and catching up when I got home. I slowly weened myself off of this insidious franchise and the literal S-storm of negativity that constantly surrounds it. 

I gave up the tix after 20 years.

I still ingest a lot of the media about the team but I just don't care as much as I once did. I purposely avoid listening or reading anything Shehan or Loverro have to say. They just make it worse and they act like a couple of wussies with an axe to grind. I'm just not into the constant negativity. Galdi, Kiem, Bmitch, JP etc..give me the information I need without making me feel as though its criminal to still care about this team 

I watch the games like a tourist. I bail when they suck and catch up on just how bad it was later.

I'm assured that I'm not going to miss anything of significance. It just ain't happening.

I feel bad for Ron, He seems like a good man and from all accounts a class act.

I feel bad for the players

I feel bad for the staff at Redskins Park 

I feel bad for all of us

Well said, Blue. 👍

Star Trek Drinking GIF

:229:The Rook

Some of you long timers might remember me, some might not, who knows.

I haven’t really been following ES this season. For years following the Sean Taylor death when I found this place, it was the first page I’d open in the morning and the last page I’d close at night. I met lots of really, really nice people here and had many great discussions over the years.

I watch this team these days so I can actively root against them. I don’t want to pick another team to cheer for so I just watch hoping that they will fall to even greater lows than the week before. I watch this joke of a franchise so I can laugh at how much Snyder has failed as a leader and as a businessman.

This team isn’t the Redskins any longer and that great history that Snyder wants to tout died with the name for me. They’re celebrating a history that isn’t theirs to celebrate any longer. The colors are similar but not what I grew up loving. They’re like a dollar store, unlicensed Tecmo Bowl version of the Washington Redskins complete with players who I largely don’t care about.

What’s there to root for? Nothing. Not a damn thing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:56 AM, posse87 said:

I honestly think his dumb ass thought Gibbs would coach here forever. He was totally caught flat footed, tried to hire a has been like Fassel, got spooked at the pushback, and had just been fumbling ever since 

No vision, no structure/ hierarchy, no discipline, no spine. No chance 

Feel sorry for Ron, never.

Yeah, no one predicted the off the field turmoil but Dan had 20 year track record of being a lousy owner.

Ron wanted the power Dan gave him. Ron knew he wasn’t going to get that in the other job openings besides Carolina.

Dallas, NY Giants, Cleveland were the other job openings that year and no one was going to give Ron that kind of power.

Ron made his bed and now has to live with the consequences. If the nfl really is going to make a move next year against Dan; Ron’s going to find it hard to do

much. Free agents are going to stay away; due to uncertainty of ownership.

It’s unlikely we resign our free agents like Payne. Dan won’t have the money for that, as he will need his money for his fight with the nfl.

Ron should just resign before **** hits. Ron should’ve taken a year off and then renter the market in 21.

Feel sorry for Ron, no.

On 10/21/2022 at 2:34 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Next coach will be an unproven offensive coordinator or QB coach, and most likely Martin Mayhew will remain as GM. El Dano has a completely predictable pattern

Yep, and in keeping with the pattern, the next QB will be another Dan Snyder handpicked failure.

• Like 1