Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Titans - Code Red Game!

zCommander

This is a home game for us. 

Titans are 2-2 coming into this game. Last time we played the Titan was in back in 2018 and won 25-16. The two teams have met each other 13 times, with the Washington Commanders winning 6 games and the Tennessee Titans winning 7 games.

Some More History of Tennessee v. Washington
  • Washington has won two of its last three matchups with Tennessee, dating back to a 19-16 win in Nashville.
  • Washington will host Tennessee for the first time since 2014, when the team claimed a 19-17 win.
  • Washington's first matchup with Tennessee came when the Titans were the Houston Oilers in 1971. Curt Knight hit five field goals, while Ron McDole returned an interception for a touchdown in a 22-13 win.
  • Washington improved to 9-0 during its 1991 Super Bowl run with a 16-13 overtime win against the then-Houston Oilers.
  • Memorable moment: Oct. 19, 2014: Kai Forbath hit a 22-yard field goal as time expired to give Washington a 19-17 victory.

The Titans rank 29th against the run and 24th against the pass. Washington’s offense should be able to get back on track on Sunday.

Commanders: 23

Titans: 20

HTTC!

• Like 1

I am optimistic for the win.  If for no other reason because this team is already finding itself backed into a corner.  They lose Sunday and their season will already be slipping away.  The Eagles are already three games in front.

Mathematically the Commanders  won’t be out of anything, but it will be incredibly difficult to keep pace.  The Eagles probably beat Arizona.  Dallas probably defeats the Rams.  The Giants likely lose to Green Bay.

I am going with… 

Commanders -  24

Titans - 20 

After trailing most of the game, they find a spark in the 4th.  Save some hope for 2022. 

….However, this is the modern NFL, so I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if for all 4 games the total opposite happens from what I predicted, lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Guessing you didnt see the news yet…..Would be tough for Dotson to score a TD from the bench. He’s sidelined 1-2 weeks. 

No, I didn’t.

Ok, I will change it.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Derrick Henry 28

Jahan Dotson 7

Revised since Dotson is out.

Derrick 28

Terry 7

No Dot. Huge as he is our Redzone guy

Possibly no Cosmi, but Lucas can fill that void. Utterly destroys our Tackle depth tho.

I think this is a game we have a much better shot at winning. Their D is below average so our O has a chance to right the ship a bit. Our D has been serviceable, and that will likely continue to be the case vs the Titans.

That being said with how bad our O has been I can't really predict much success from it until i see the change first.

I predict a Titans win with a narrow margin of victory.

There's a chance they could win -- but,...I have close to zero faith in the HC and the staff to come up with an effective plan to give their players the best chance at success.

Titans - 27

Manders - 13

Edited by Probos

10 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

No Dot. Huge as he is our Redzone guy

Possibly no Cosmi, but Lucas can fill that void. Utterly destroys our Tackle depth tho.

I think this is a game we have a much better shot at winning. Their D is below average so our O has a chance to right the ship a bit. Our D has been serviceable, and that will likely continue to be the case vs the Titans.

That being said with how bad our O has been I can't really predict much success from it until i see the change first.

I predict a Titans win with a narrow margin of victory.

Losing Cosmi and replacing him with Lucas means better pass blocking but a big downgrade in run blocking. What is scary is Leno is playing injured. If one of those guys gets hurt, it means major issues

Not good either that this is Cosmi’s 3rd injury he is missing games with in less than 2 seasons. Hopefully he is not another Scherff

This isn’t the Titans team of old and they have been dealing with injuries. This is the worst team they are getting to face thus far. On offense, they won’t have Burks, making Robert Woods their only serious receiving threat. This means heavy Derrick Henry and this team has been good at stopping the run the past couple games. On defense, Bud Dupree may not play and they may also be missing corners. They have Simmons and 2 really good safeties but not much scares you there. It’s a game where you try to pound it with BRob to set up play action against their corners

Edited by method man

Deadskins score 10 points and lose to the Titans by 14 points.  Dotson out and Cosmi out.  Cornerback William Jackson cannot cover

any opposing receiver to save his life.  He has a nice expensive contract to fall back on once the season is over.  Bench him after

he gives up another touchdown on Sunday.

• Like 3

I see a real change from last week; last week, the WFT was able to stay within 22 points of the opponent.  

Titans score meaningless pick-6 late in game to drive the score to 34-11.

Coach inexplicably tosses challenge flag during half time and loses a timeout.  When told of the lost timeout, he throws another challenge flag and loses another timeout and the flag.  

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1