Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So Mr. Potoa'e head is down.  That's somewhat interesting.  They signed him to the practice squad, then elevated him to the main roster for this game, then inactivated him.  

What that tells me is they activated him in case when they worked out Jon Allen pregame, they didn't think he could go, and they needed another body.  But Jon Allen was ok, and so they don't need to keep him active.

Both Cris Paul and Wes Schewitzer being down leaves us REALLY REALLY thin at Guard.  Norwell, Turner and then Charles.  And I'm not sure who the backup center is.  

That makes me shiver in my boots. I am surprised they didn't keep Paul up somehow.

Wes Martin was the other PS guy they elevated.  So maybe he is active?  

1 minute ago, illone said:

Interesting line movement on this game... Late money coming in on Washington...

Screenshot 2022-09-18 at 9.36.38 AM.png

The guys on the Washington pregame show speculated that the line movement has something to do with all the injuries on the Lions OL.

The ankle injury to the Lions RB Swift might have something to do with it too.

He was questionable up until today.

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The guys on the Washington pregame show speculated that the line movement has something to do with all the injuries on the Lions OL.

The ankle injury to the Lions RB Swift might have something to do with it too.

He was questionable up until today.

That could be part of it, but it takes a pretty big chunk of cash in one direction for a line to move over 3 points since the open...

I'm just glad the team had the early bulletin board material of being underdogs to the Lions.  Hopefully they are too busy warming up to notice the line has moved 😂

Edited by illone
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Missed the game last week because I was in Philly for a work conference. That downtown area is rough. Wasn't able to watch the full game uninterrupted but I damn sure pulled it up on my phone and ipad via bootleg links when I had the chance lol.

Biggest worry was waking up and seeing Allen inactive. Sucks Curl is still out, but I'd rather have Allen back. Concerned about his groin holding up, but it seems he's a go for a reason. I'm looking forward to:

- No injuries

- With some of their starting oline out, d-line continuing to play together and feast (starters and backups)

- Continued strong play from the trifecta + 1 (Curtis, Terry, Dot and Gibby)

- Secondary (CBs) to make some damn plays; safety play hasn't been bad

- Jamin to play inspired, free, loose and mad

- O-line to continue to hold up like they did last week; might see a slip with some injuries

- Milne continuing to impress on returns

- Wentz being smarter than last week on those bad INTs and taking what's given

• Like 2

The cloud over this game for me is Allen - I’m legit worried about his groin being a lingering issue abs I hope he doesn’t make it worse today. 

Aside from that I’m freaking stoked. Their defense sucks and I hope we come out firing. 

• Like 1