Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac thread: 2022 - Week 2 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

The things you will make when you are sober lions_suck.gif.6306933ea58225102e90bb330e90c7c9.gif   I will make one for every team we play each week. One day will have all 31 teams done. :D

Now I can start drinking a little. Starting with some Vodka and OJ. :pint:

I have a great feeling tomorrow is going to be great! We shall WIN!!! We need to win. 

:cheers:

Lions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gifLions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gifLions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gifLions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gifLions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gifLions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gifLions_Suck_Final.gif.8e8d7706feb581037a0e7de6dc06d0b6.gif

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I was wondering when this thread would be up.

For week one, I was more curious than anything else.

For week two, I'm actually a little excited and nervous.  Why?  Well, there is something in play which I would never have dreamed IF the Commanders win tomorrow:

- The Eagles play the Vikings on Monday Night Football.  I'm actually on the Vikings this year.  I thought GB would have a step back year, and the Vikings should be better defensively, and should be explosive offensively. (I also don't hate Kirk.  I don't love him, I wouldn't have paid him the contract the Vikings paid him (twice) but I think he's a good QB.) I get Kirk's record on Monday night isn't great.  But there is a REALLY good chance the Vikings win this game.  

- Dallas is Dak-less for a while.

There is a chance, if they can beat the Lions, the Commanders go into the Eagles game at home with a 2-0 record, looking for a 3-0, and put the Eagles at 1-2.  That would be a pretty big early-season division lead.

And THEN they would go against the Dak-less Cowboys who didn't look real good even when Dak was playing.

I said before the season, in order to make the playoffs this year, they need to be 3-1 at the end of the first 4 games.  If they win this game, they will have a tough game at home against the Eagles, but regardless, they should be favored against the Cowboys.  

Losing this game would blow a really good early season opportunity to either stay with the Eagles, or if everything breaks right, put them in a position where they are chasing us.  

I think this is as close to a must-win week 2 game as you can have.  They need to win this one.  

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 3

27 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The things you will make when you are sober lions_suck.gif.6306933ea58225102e90bb330e90c7c9.gif   I will make one for every team we play each week. One day will have all 31 teams done. :D

Now I can start drinking a little. Starting with some Vodka and OJ. :pint:

I have a great feeling tomorrow is going to be great! We shall WIN!!! We need to win. 

:cheers:

That is a GREAT emoji, zComm!

Cheers Applause GIF

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was wondering when this thread would be up.

For week one, I was more curious than anything else.

For week two, I'm actually a little excited and nervous.  Why?  Well, there is something in play which I would never have dreamed IF the Commanders win tomorrow:

- The Eagles play the Vikings on Monday Night Football.  I'm actually on the Vikings this year.  I thought GB would have a step back year, and the Vikings should be better defensively, and should be explosive offensively. (I also don't hate Kirk.  I don't love him, I wouldn't have paid him the contract the Vikings paid him (twice) but I think he's a good QB.) I get Kirk's record on Monday night isn't great.  But there is a REALLY good chance the Vikings win this game.  

- Dallas is Dak-less for a while.

There is a chance, if they can beat the Lions, the Commanders go into the Eagles game at home with a 2-0 record, looking for a 3-0, and put the Eagles at 1-2.  That would be a pretty big early-season division lead.

And THEN they would go against the Dak-less Cowboys who didn't look real good even when Dak was playing.

I said before the season, in order to make the playoffs this year, they need to be 3-1 at the end of the first 4 games.  If they win this game, they will have a tough game at home against the Eagles, but regardless, they should be favored against the Cowboys.  

Losing this game would blow a really good early season opportunity to either stay with the Eagles, or if everything breaks right, put them in a position where they are chasing us.  

I think this is as close to a must-win week 2 game as you can have.  They need to win this one.  

Kirk's career this year will be interesting to watch since he is working with his QB coach again, well now the head coach of course. Like I also said, tomorrow is a must win. I know there are some injury on both teams and we have less than them and really need to take advantage of that. Starting the season with 4-0 would be really good for Wentz and the team and Ron. 

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What about this updated one? I put a Lion in the background Lions_Suck_Final.gif.9741434f9383285c1ead33e00ca4a578.gif 

That takes me back.

I bought a "**** Detroit" shirt, replete with a drawing of a dead lion laying on his back, from a guy in the parking lot at RFK, at the NFC Championship game.

I only paid $5.00 because it was after the game 😁

• Like 1

Last weeks game was so stupidly massive in terms of need it makes this game almost feel like playing with house money to me, even though this is a really big game if we want to have major aspirations moving forward.

Gotta take full advantage of the NFL schedule Santas early season generosity and put away the teams we are supposed to put away.

Between Allen and their O linemen paying the questionable musical chairs I am more nervous about this game than the Jags.

Happy gameday morning from here in the UK.

Another few things have swung my way personally this week, so I'm excited about the Commanders having the opportunity to cap off another good week nicely, like they did last week.

I'm not going to watch live today, my girlfriend wants to watch the Queen's funeral and I have zero interest in that (I'm anti-monarchy, sad on a humanist level that someone has lost a mom, grandma etc, but that's as far as my emotions go on the subject). I want to watch the Commanders but my girlfriend has zero interest (she has lots of other good qualities though so despite that, she is definitely a keeper). Compromise being, I will save the game to watch in the morning on gamepass, whilst she watches the funeral tomorrow.

Hoping to see another entertaining game with the Wentz rollercoaster staying on the tracks and seeing us through to the end, and I am REALLY excited to see Dotson continue to develop. That man had a hell of a debut last week and I'm stoked to see where the offense can go with 3 legit WR threats.Haven't felt this good about our Offense since we had RG3 and Garcon. Defense is less yes and more yikes for me, but I'm hoping to see some steps from them and an improvement... there were some positive things they did last week and the DL and Safeties should be good units - especially with Forrest proving he has something, but that CB group is scary bad. The floor for the CBs is somewhere deep down in the 5th circle of hell so I'm hoping they can at least play to a mediocre level.

Hope everybody going today stays safe and enjoys the game. HTTC

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

NY getting dismissed 🤣

They'll be 2-1 after beating DAL

4 hours ago, UKskins said:

I will save the game to watch in the morning on gamepass, whilst she watches the funeral tomorrow.

Probably don't need to record it.

https://nflreplay.net/