Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commmmmmannndddersss vs. the Jags.

zCommander

The first person to get the score on the nose will get....Actually, I don't have any prizes to give out so all you get is bragging rights and can pretend to be a MOD for a week.... okay that mod thing is just a joke plus TK and Jumbo would kill me...lol  :D

Okay so here we go the love fest for the Jags is real. Wentz will need to show what he got but more importantly our D needs to shutdown the Jags. That will be the key to winning this game. 

NFL Week 1 Odds, Picks & Predictions: Jaguars vs. Commanders

After a nightmare 2021 campaign, the Jaguars are looking for a fresh start with Doug Pederson as head coach. Pederson has a reputation of being a quarterback whisperer from helping Alex Smith revive his career in Kansas City and allowing Nick Foles to turn into a Super Bowl winner. Trevor Lawrence, under Pederson’s tutelage, has all the talent in the world to take his game to the next level, and the Washington pass defense that disappointed in 2021 is a matchup he can exploit. This Jaguars offense will surprise a lot of people, starting in Week 1.

Meanwhile, the Commanders, with Carson Wentz at quarterback, won’t be able to keep pace even against a weak defense. Last year in Indianapolis, Wentz struggled in both matchups with the Jaguars, and there’s no reason to think that changes enough on Sunday to put them over the top.

Bets: Jaguars +3 | o43.5

I am going to bet against the odd here. Plus we have lost to the Jags only once in the last 7 meetings. 

Us: 27

Them: 24

Edited by zCommander

I think we'll be slow to start offensively in the 1st half, but we'll start to get our groove after halftime.  Our defense however, will be an embarrassment, and Lawrence should have a field day moving the ball up and down the field.  Lawrence will throw for 320 and 3TD.  Wentz will throw for 250 and 2TD, and Gibson/McKissic will each run in for a score.  We'll have the ball last, and we'll get to field goal range for the GW FG by Slye.  There's a reason this is a pickem game according to Vegas (WSH -2.5).  Nobody really thinks we're going to blow out the Jags (or anyone for that matter).  The line is screaming for people to take the Jags.  I'm with Vegas, in that this will be a back and forth game that come down to the wire.  We barely cover here for the win.

Final Score

Jaguars 28

Commanders 31

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

I think this'll be a typical slow-start Ron Rivera team.  Until he can prove to me that he knows how to get a team to start the season on reasonably even footing, I have to assume it won't.  That means we start out trailing in the game.

On offense, I can see us moving it between the 20s pretty well but still settling for field goal attempts instead of TDs.  I think this will be a consistent problem for a while, with the players and coaches getting defensive and tired of hearing questions about why they aren't scoring more with "all these weapons".

On defense, I see our 3rd down woes continuing, which will allow the Jags to score more than they should.

This'll come down to a 4th quarter battle for who wants it most, with the Skins scoring just enough to win a 3 point game.  

Skins: 20

Jags : 17

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2

I think the Jags are much better than people believe they are. They are loaded with talent across the board, have an offensive minded HC and a former 1st rounder in his second year. They get back Travis Etienne and James Robinson may play (though... we'll see).

I think our third down defense struggles and we lose this one 28-20

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Sheehan and Fortier who talked about this -- this morning saying this team might have more pressure them on game 1 then any team in the league.

A.  The first two games are pivotal considering Dallas and Eagles up next.

B.  Rivera's teams tend to start slow

C.  New brand

D.  Trying to get fans to come back to the stadium

My guess is its a dog fight.  Commanders 27 Jags 24. 

• Like 1

No clue. I wanna believe we blow them out with the deep game and then just have our will underneath. However, it's a Ron team and it's us. Starting the year 1-3 seems pretty likely, but I'm excited.

They drafted two LBers I really wanted in Lloyd and Muma, so I'm excited to see them.

I'll optimistically say that we blow the out on paper, but our D goes 10-13 on 3rd downs and a Gibby fumble keep them in it. 

Us 27-24

30-20 jags.  

I think we dig ourselves in a hole early, and are unable to get out of it.  Lawrence will show why he is on the verge of being a star, and the defense is filled with highly drafted prospects.   Now that the Meyer clown show is gone, coaches will know how to use them.  

• Like 1

I want the Skins to win, but I have been a fan long enough to know the Skins have been dreadful for the past 3 decades.  

Thankfully, this is no longer the Skins.  In a fit of optimism, I am going with the heart here.  The Coms win 23-21 as the D makes a stand to keep the Jags out of field goal range.  It's a new day, right?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

No clue. I wanna believe we blow them out with the deep game and then just have our will underneath. However, it's a Ron team and it's us. Starting the year 1-3 seems pretty likely, but I'm excited.

They drafted two LBers I really wanted in Lloyd and Muma, so I'm excited to see them.

I'll optimistically say that we blow the out on paper, but our D goes 10-13 on 3rd downs and a Gibby fumble keep them in it. 

Us 27-24

Me @Koolblue13 with the same score.  It has to happen now, right?

Bates goes for 100 yards?

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27-24 Commies

Lawrence is likely going to take a solid step forward and not get much resistance from our defense.  

But we jus have too much talent compared to them, especially on offense, to lose this one.

Wentz makes it work, wins it for us in a game we can't seem to put away because of the defense.

Edited by Renegade7