Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

This is great for us!!  Philly lost!  Now they will have to pay Hurts 50 mil and will lose 3 or 4 starters to afford him.  And I think E. Bienemy will want a job where he calls the plays (crossing my fingers).  

So, you bring up something interesting I’ve been saying for weeks for those who think the Eagles are about to embark on a 10 year run of dominance.  They might. And Hurts seems to be a franchise QB.

They will have to extend him this off-season.  He will demand it.  He’s a second round guy, so he doesn’t have the 5th year option.  He just finished year 3.  

This is EXACTLY the same situation Terry was in last off-season.  Terry was not going to play on a 4th year contract.

Hurts won’t either.

The difference is Hurts is a QB and will demand a TON more money.  

They will have to pay him. 

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, you bring up something interesting I’ve been saying for weeks for those who think the Eagles are about to embark on a 10 year run of dominance.  They might. And Hurts seems to be a franchise QB.

They will have to extend him this off-season.  He will demand it.  He’s a second round guy, so he doesn’t have the 5th year option.  He just finished year 3.  

This is EXACTLY the same situation Terry was in last off-season.  Terry was not going to play on a 4th year contract.

Hurts won’t either.

The difference is Hurts is a QB and will demand a TON more money.  

They will have to pay him. 

He’ll wait to see what happens to Lamar, then raise the bar.

7 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yes. He's no two time sb winning chump like Mike Shanahan or George Seifert. 🤭

He’s the winningest coach for 2 storied franchises: Eagles and Chiefs.  

He’s now been to 8 championship games, granted he’s 4-4 in them. 

2-2 in SBs.

He’s also basically been one of the best offensive minds for 30 years.

As a coach, he’s not Mount Rushmore, but he’s absolutely the next tier.  

Mt. Rushmore for me is Belichick, Walsh, Lombardi and Gibbs. Though I’m not sure how you keep Shula, Landy, and Knoll off the list. 

Reid would be right behind that group. With Parcells, Jimmy J., Coryell, Madden, a few others.  

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He’ll wait to see what happens to Lamar, then raise the bar.

Lamar is going to get tagged.  

Hurts doesn’t have that option. 

He needs a new deal before training camp.  Lamar might linger through the summer.

Hurts will ask for 40-50/year and it will be done before before FA is my guess.  Because the eagles will need to know their cap situation going into the off-season.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Reid was already a Hall of Famer after the 1st Super Bowl. He's just adding to his all time legacy at this point. I think by the end of his career he could be considered a top 3 all time coach. And I don't think he'll retire until Mahomes does which isn't for another decade.

• Like 1