Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

Just now, zCommander said:

We had Diggs in our own backyard and didn't even draft him. He gets drafted in the 5th round, I believe and looks like a 1st rounder. His brother also in our own backyard and goes to the Cowboys. Our scouting team sometimes overlooks - seems like a lot for some reason. 

In fairness we took Crowder in the 5th that year who, while not as good as Diggs, has had a real good career(and is also now on Buffalo and has made some big time catches). 

4 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Do we even have scouts.  I thought Snyder took care of that.  Pathetic.  

I don't think our drafting has been that bad in recent years. But I have no way to quantify that.

4 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Do we even have scouts.  I thought Snyder took care of that.  Pathetic.  

I don't think our drafting has been that bad in recent years. But I have no way to quantify that.

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Was Diggs still on the board when we took Crowder? 

We took Crowder in the 4th. But in fairness he has a pretty decent career. More importantly, Hindsight is 50/50. 31 other teams passed on Diggs. If anyone saw Diggs having the career, he has had they would have taken him sooner. Are all their scouts bad also? 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Stafford is some Boogie

I expected the picks to pile up when he kept getting sacked early.  It’s the classic recipe for QB disaster, they can’t protect him but the scoreboard forces them to keep throwing.  Plus, it’s Stafford.  He’s good, but interceptions are part of the package.  

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

I expected the picks to pile up when he kept getting sacked early.  It’s the classic recipe for QB disaster, they can’t protect him but the scoreboard forces them to keep throwing.  Plus, it’s Stafford.  He’s good, but interceptions are part of the package.  

Is the Rams offensive line hot garbage? Injuries? 

24 minutes ago, zCommander said:

We had Diggs in our own backyard and didn't even draft him. He gets drafted in the 5th round, I believe and looks like a 1st rounder now. His brother also in our own backyard and goes to the Cowboys. Our scouting team sometimes overlooks - seems like a lot for some reason. 

Diggs had to get out of the area. He wouldn’t have succeeded if he was drafted here

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We took Crowder in the 4th. But in fairness he has a pretty decent career. More importantly, Hindsight is 50/50. 31 other teams passed on Diggs. If anyone saw Diggs having the career, he has had they would have taken him sooner. Are all their scouts bad also? 

I am not sure why other teams didn't. But we drafted a WR in a 4th over Diggs. Diggs was even an inch taller too. I would have to look up his 40 times and see if that was the factor. 

27 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We basically let Crowder go because whoever was part of the brain trust thought Quinn could replace him and there was no reason to pay him.  

This was in the long line of dumbass moves at skill position moves by that regime.  

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bills have an elite defense and an MVP QB. I don't see anyone beating them even in a loaded AFC. They have no real weaknesses. 

They started out hot last year, too, then came back to earth.  Not how you start, how you finish.

Not sure what gets in the way of a Bills - Chiefs rematch in January, but Carr and Herbert are waiting for if they aren't playing their best ball when it matters most.

****, Burrow has entered the chat

Ridiculous number of solid young QBs in the AFC right now

21 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Diggs had to get out of the area. He wouldn’t have succeeded if he was drafted here

Scary Terry doing fine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I am not sure why other teams didn't. But we drafted a WR in a 4th over Diggs. Diggs was even an inch taller too. I would have to look up his 40 times and see if that was the factor. 

That's the point. There are a lot of things to ding the team for. But looking back at mid to late draft picks 7 yrs ago and complaining because they didn't draft a later rd pick that had a good career while ignoring that all the other teams also passed on them seems like needless piling on. As @Voice_of_Reason pointed out the more pertinent issue is why the brain trust let Crowder walk. 

Moving on. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Is the Rams offensive line hot garbage? Injuries? 

I have no idea.  I don’t keep up with the latest Ram info, but for this game the Bills DLine dominated.  Stafford was sacked what six times?  He was hit a bunch too.  They even got him with pressure right up the middle.  Whatever the issue is, they aren’t going to win many games like that.  

edit to add this

Edited by Destino
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

They’ve targeted Allen Robinson ONCE the whole game. 

I'm starting to think Allen is washed up and can't get separation anymore. I know Chicago's qbs haven't been good but he really fell off a cliff last year. Same guy who dominated with Trubisky, suddenly had like 400 some yards for an entire season. My niece ( who is playing me in fantasy football this week ) started him last night and he only got her 2.2 points. So I'm pretty happy about that 😁