Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I followed both the PSU and Pitt games last night and wow, did both take four hours to complete? The stats show that the average college game takes roughly 10-15 minutes more than the typical NFL game, and I know some of that can be attributed to the longer halftime show, but it just always seems like college games routinely take at least 3.5 hours.

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I followed both the PSU and Pitt games last night and wow, did both take four hours to complete? The stats show that the average college game takes roughly 10-15 minutes more than the typical NFL game, and I know some of that can be attributed to the longer halftime show, but it just always seems like college games routinely take at least 3.5 hours.

First down clock stoppage, numerous replay reviews for targeting or whatever, and faster plays leads to it imo. 

I get why it's there but I really really really hate the targeting rule in CFB. 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

First down clock stoppage, numerous replay reviews for targeting or whatever, and faster plays leads to it imo. 

I get why it's there but I really really really hate the targeting rule in CFB. 

Never thought of these things. Good points. Though with the Backyard Brawl. I didn't even notice how long it was because the game was good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

More scoring in the college game leads to longer TV timeouts.

• Thumb up 1

You had a lot more happier fanbases when folks could argue over who was #1..

It only took them 20+ years to fix this system.  

I don't know what was wrong with a 4 team playoff... $$$ but $$$ but its a smart way similar to March Madness.  Winter Madness!

23 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

LULLLZZZ

Jfc...Virginia Tech doing Virginia Tech things...

As for the 12 team playoffs, I'm all for it, it makes up for most of what I don't like about college football and the corruption involved.

It's gonna be hard to make the case the best team isn't who comes out of that bracket every year...

• Like 1