Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread


zCommander

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Need a CB and LB. I know we really liked the guy from LSU who the Texans picked last year if he dropped to ten we would have picked him.

 

I don't think Qb is a problem right now. Have to wait till end of year to be sure but Wentz has played well. 

 


If Howell is as good as we hope he is, we shouldn’t draft a QB. If the Kelee Ringo (CB from Georgia) is there, we shouldn’t pass him up. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Van Dyke seems to pretty hyped from the draft media.  But I admit I haven't watched him yet.  I got to. 

Not impressed 

14 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:


If Howell is as good as we hope he is, we shouldn’t draft a QB. If the Kelee Ringo (CB from Georgia) is there, we shouldn’t pass him up. 

Yes sir!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 11:29 PM, clskinsfan said:

Been really paying attention to CB's and LT's while watching College ball this year. I think either makes the most sense for us. Jackson and Fuller are most likely both gone this off season. And they are garbage even one of them stays. 

Agreed, CB is the premier position that we need to target. Edge may be close behind depending on how Young looks in the next 3 months or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Michael Mayer TE from Notre Dame is the #1 TE on my board. Hes putting on a show in North Carolina right now. It will be interesting where his draft value ends up.

TE isn't a need area compared to CB & OL.  Either MUST be the pick at R1.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Michael Mayer TE from Notre Dame is the #1 TE on my board. Hes putting on a show in North Carolina right now. It will be interesting where his draft value ends up.

Probably the best game of his career. This should be the ‚Äúmust see‚ÄĚ game for him when anyone does their pre draft evaluation of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't bail early on seasons.  I liked what I saw from Howell.  I am still intrigued by Wentz.  But this team is a nightmare at QB post Rypien for the most part.  So I am not skipping on a QB if this class lives up to its hype.  I watched a little Levis on Sunday.  I am going to start to dive in to these Qbs. 

 

Here's part of it. the Eagles are in part living off having a cheap QB.  I know some disagree with me but i am convinced we got a cheap owner.  So having a cheap QB might be even more imperative for this team than most to win. 

 

Some here complain that we are always part of the wrong party when we shop for a QB. At least according to the "experts" this draft is the perfect party. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't bail early on seasons.  I liked what I saw from Howell.  I am still intrigued by Wentz.  But this team is a nightmare at QB post Rypien for the most part.  So I am not skipping on a QB if this class lives up to its hype.  I watched a little Levis on Sunday.  I am going to start to dive in to these Qbs. 

 

Here's part of it. the Eagles are in part living off having a cheap QB.  I know some disagree with me but i am convinced we got a cheap owner.  So having a cheap QB might be even more imperative for this team than most to win. 

 

Some here complain that we are always part of the wrong party when we shop for a QB. At least according to the "experts" this draft is the perfect party. 

Until we have an elite QB and or good QB with a great support system (Coaching staff/FO) QB will always be need 1 to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Until we have an elite QB and or good QB with a great support system (Coaching staff/FO) QB will always be need 1 to me. 

 

An elite to a very good QB IMO is the only thing IMO that can offset Dan.  I know some disagree with me and say nothing can offset Dan.  I don't know.  It has to play out.   But my gut is an elite QB trumps all.  It's not like the Bengals was some killer franchise when they landed Burrow or the Chargers with Herbert.   Yet the QBs changed everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want this front office completely cleaned out and rebuilt before we bring in another QB prospect.  They're building for the next guys and I absolutely do not want another lame duck regime drafting a prospect for the next one to abandon immediately.

 

We need to rebuild the right way and that means GM and HC and QB are all brought in at the same time and all married together.

So that means I don't want a QB if Rivera and the Martys aren't fired this offseason.  I absolutely do not want to see them ruin Bryce Young or Will Levis.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

An elite to a very good QB IMO is the only thing IMO that can offset Dan.  I know some disagree with me and say nothing can offset Dan.  I don't know.  It has to play out.   But my gut is an elite QB trumps all.  It's not like the Bengals was some killer franchise when they landed Burrow or the Chargers with Herbert.   Yet the QBs changed everything.

I 1000% agree. QB changes everything. Coaches and GMs line up to work with great QBs. It makes everything easier about their job 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jumbo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...