Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Replacing Kevin O'Connell with Scott Turner at OC a Mistake???

Renegade7

Was Replacing Kevin O'Connell with Scott Turner a Mistake???  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Was Replacing Kevin O'Connell with Scott Turner a Mistake???

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Too Early to tell
    • Hindsight is a B, let it go *insert Frozen music

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is true, however, he was out of the league last year, and then interviewed for Carolina this year, and didn't make it.  On his last appearance on Sheehan's podcast, he seemed pretty bitter about it, actually.  Said the opportunities were all going to the younger guys.

I really think his best bet is to go to college and coach there as a HC.  I'm pretty sure he could get a gig somewhere, maybe not at one of the big-boys in the power 5 conferences.  It's shocking, maybe time heals wounds, but I am kindof softening on Jay.  I do hope he gets another opportunity to coach again somewhere.  I don't think he is a good NFL head coach, but he might be a good college HC.  It might be more his thing....

As Sheehan has noted, Jay should go to media. I think his issue, however, may be that his brother's reputation is in the gutter. If he does want to go back to coaching, you're right that college may be the way to go. The issue, however, is that I don't see him working hard enough at recruiting.

Ultimately, if he wants back in, it likely is the XFL or one of these other leagues. He has the pedigree for it too, having been an AFL championship coach and a UFL coach

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I wouldn't have felt that way about Kevin O'Connell either, but here we are. Seems like all someone has to do is slap "was an OC at Washington for 5 minutes" on a resume and it makes them an instant head coach candidate.

Ehhh, it's not true though - a bunch of people, felt KOC should have been kept on as OC and even considered for Head Coach for instance:

Edited by VirginiaVibes

3 hours ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Ehhh, it's not true though - a bunch of people, felt KOC should have been kept on as OC and even considered for Head Coach for instance:

While it is a mark of some note, when your choices for head coach is Callahan who's still living in the 70s, Manusky who's at his best being a linebackers coach, and some guy who was a QBs coach for 3 years, it's not so much a vote confidence in KOC as a vote of lack of confidence in everyone else.

• Thanks 1