Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 opponents Now Finalized

SoCalSkins

I was searching to see if anyone had posted a 2022 opponents thread and I didn’t see one.

EDIT: 

All the opponents are now set. We host the Falcons and Browns and play away at 49ers in addition to the following:

Here are the rest of the opponents:

https://fbschedules.com/2022-washington-football-team-schedule/

FE4EDAFC-6C44-42A3-A77B-43FCA37CD494.jpeg

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Right now, that seems so much saner than what we faced this year.

It does but we got screwed with the variable games. NFC West and AFC North are good divisions so the advantage against the Cowboys and Eagles isn’t much. 49ers and Ravens can be very difficult games.

• Like 1

I posted the home slate in the attendance thread purely from the standpoint of attractiveness of opponents coming here.  Going from Mahomes and Brady appearances at FedEx to maybe Rodgers if he stays with the Packers....meh.

Even the away slate from a road trip perspective seems blah. This season you had a early-to-mid season game at Lambeau and a game at sparkling new Allegiant.  What's attractive next season?

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I posted the home slate in the attendance thread purely from the standpoint of attractiveness of opponents coming here.  Going from Mahomes and Brady appearances at FedEx to maybe Rodgers if he stays with the Packers....meh.

Even the away slate from a road trip perspective seems blah. This season you had a early-to-mid season game at Lambeau and a game at sparkling new Allegiant.  What's attractive next season?

San Fran, Chicago, and Indy are on my list.  I’ve gone to one away game since 2007 except for 2020 and one other year.  All three are on the list depending on when.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

For the West Coast folks, 49ers in the Bay Area is the only close game geographically. I expect that one to get over run by Washington fans. 

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

San Fran, Chicago, and Indy are on my list.  I’ve gone to one away game since 2007 except for 2020 and one other year.  All three are on the list depending on when.

I went to Indy in 2014. Try to hit St Elmo's Steakhouse if you go. I went several times during my visit (a relative was a manager there at the time), and the night before the game, as I was leaving with my Skins stuff on, a random Skins fans grabbed me and insisted I go up to a window while he pounded the glass, as I looked in and saw Snyder and other higher ups dining and turned to look. I sheepishly waved.......

I've never been to Chicago and probably would enjoy the city, even if Soldier Field at first blust doesn't do much for me. SF might also be interesting. Did we last play there in like 2014 as well (IIRC, we played the Niners in AZ last season)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I went to Indy in 2014. Try to hit St Elmo's Steakhouse if you go. I went several times during my visit (a relative was a manager there at the time), and the night before the game, as I was leaving with my Skins stuff on, a random Skins fans grabbed me and insisted I go up to a window while he pounded the glass, as I looked in and saw Snyder and other higher ups dining and turned to look. I sheepishly waved.......

I've never been to Chicago and probably would enjoy the city, even if Soldier Field at first blust doesn't do much for me. SF might also be interesting. Did we last play there in like 2014 as well (IIRC, we played the Niners in AZ last season)?

Sharp memory.  It was 2014.  We had two home games with them before playing in Arizona.

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I love St. Elmo’s. Last time I was there was the last year of the RCA dome in 2006 I believe. I went to Notre Dame against UCLA then drove to Indy for Redskins Colts Sunday.

2014 was the last time we played in Santa Clara before that it was candlestick in 2008 with Zorn.

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

That steakhouse is the unofficial HQ of the NFL combine

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. I was looking at our likely opponents for next season and thought the same thing. We can beat the Jaguars, Texans, and lions, probably the Steelers too. 

Hopefully we get to play the Lion at FedEx for a change 

Edited by ClaytoAli

With the 9th home game and our attendance issues, gotta wonder if Snyder might be willing to “host” a London game next year; especially with the rebrand coming and the fact that for whatever reason we seem to have decent fan contingent over there. Maybe one of the non-marquee home games like Vikings, Falcons, Jags, Titans, etc. 

I was at the 49ers game today against the Texans, and for those able to make the cross country trip, I highly recommend checking that stadium out.  It is near brand-new, very state of the art, a fun experience, and also in the same parking lot as Great America amusement theme park so it is very easy to make an entire weekend or long weekend out of the trip, also being very close to San Francisco in one direction and Santa Cruz in the other direction.

I will be there next season for sure.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I was at the 49ers game today against the Texans, and for those able to make the cross country trip, I highly recommend checking that stadium out.  It is near brand-new, very state of the art, a fun experience, and also in the same parking lot as Great America amusement theme park so it is very easy to make an entire weekend or long weekend out of the trip, also being very close to San Francisco in one direction and Santa Cruz in the other direction.

I will be there next season for sure.

Remember the massive ES tailgate we had at Candelstick in 2004? That was Sean Taylor’s rookie year. So much fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Remember the massive ES tailgate we had at Candelstick in 2004? That was Sean Taylor’s rookie year. So much fun.

I do.  It was a blast, that was my first time being part of an "official" ES road game tailgate that I actually helped organize.  Seems like so long ago, in fact it was.  I was 24 years old, WOW.  I have no idea how many of those old-schoolers are still around on the forums. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I do.  It was a blast, that was my first time being part of an "official" ES road game tailgate that I actually helped organize.  Seems like so long ago, in fact it was.  I was 24 years old, WOW.  I have no idea how many of those old-schoolers are still around on the forums. 

I was actually at that game, but not the tailgate. My wife and I (only married three years at the time— just celebrated 20) took a little vacation in the area. Candlestick was a dump, but sort of a classic venue so I’m glad I got to see it. 

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

8 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I love St. Elmo’s. Last time I was there was the last year of the RCA dome in 2006 I believe. I went to Notre Dame against UCLA then drove to Indy for Redskins Colts Sunday.

2014 was the last time we played in Santa Clara before that it was candlestick in 2008 with Zorn.

St Elmo's is phenomenal. And don't leave there without ordering a shrimp ****tail when you go.