Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Deshazor Everett involved in fatal Car Accident. Everett sustains serious but not life threatening injuries.

Voice_of_Reason

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32933686/washington-safety-deshazor-everett-was-driver-fatal-crash-according-sheriff-office

This is a thread I didn’t want to start.  There was some discussion in the Defense thread but thought it would be more appropriate to move to it’s own location.

Everett is being treated for serious though not life threatening injuries.  The passenger, Olivia Peters, did not make it.  

It appears to be a single car accident and an investigation is ongoing.  I think I read somewhere there didn’t seem to be indications of intoxication, but I don’t know.

Regardless, absolutely tragic.  Thoughts and prayers to the family of Ms. Peters.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

I think it'd be prudent to edit the subject line or put in the first sentence in big bold letters that he has serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

Just reading that, which I know is you quoting the headline and not a personal decision, had echoes of Sean's murder and Henry Ruggs murderous stories

Just so people don't freak out more than necessary, you know?

• Like 1

• Voice_of_Reason changed the title to ESPN: Deshazor Everett involved in fatal Car Accident. Everett sustains serious but not life threatening injuries.
11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think it'd be prudent to edit the subject line or put in the first sentence in big bold letters that he has serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

Just reading that, which I know is you quoting the headline and not a personal decision, had echoes of Sean's murder and Henry Ruggs murderous stories

Just so people don't freak out more than necessary, you know?

Yeah.  Done.  I just quoted the story title, but I see how it could be misleading.  (Which might have been on purpose by ESPN, actually….)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

This was one of her last retweets.

Her profile: https://mobile.twitter.com/ohh_livy_ahh

I hate this argument. I hated it on Twitter and I hate it here. 

Big

****ing

Deal

The intense need to villainize someone immediately after a tragedy like this is sick and twisted. She didn't write the tweet and creating a correlation between that and an assumption Everett was doing something wrong does nothing except make a situation worse. 

• Like 5

A lot of speculation.  Whatever the case, it's sad.  I have a coworker friend who's lucky to be alive with 2 broken femurs and part of her skull in a freezer.  Crashed into trees on just this kind of road.  Wasn't going crazy fast, wasn't drunk. This **** happens on the road, and that's why I drive like a grandma. 

Oh by the way, the girl I know is only alive because she had location sharing on her phone to a few close friends.  Definitely wouldn't have found her in time otherwise.  Something to consider if you're one of those that's afraid of sharing information or whatever.  Do it if you're on a long drive by yourself. 

Edited by Dirt
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Very sad. Driving can be so dangerous. 

I posted a LOL reaction to a completely different post in a completely different thread and it showed up here somehow in error.  No idea how that happened, but what a horrible glitch.  No idea how something like that could have happened.  I deleted the reaction of course, but if anyone saw it, I'm sorry, and it certainly wasn't meant to be for this post.  Bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, Tsailand said:

This was one of her last retweets.

Her profile: https://mobile.twitter.com/ohh_livy_ahh

Not related at all to the incident. Can someone remove this comment it’s not at all acceptable to do something like this . A young lady died in a horrible accident and this gets posted??

Why would anyone think this is acceptable 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mooka said:

Wait, you mean that's not her Twitter account? 

Or you just mean it's a retweet and not her own post.

Because the tweet was made almost 2 weeks before the accident.  If the tweet had been made the same night, fair game, but it's a major stretch to bring it up now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Retweet and nothing to do with the car or the drive that day 

Could be a retweet as a subtle way of describing an event that happened at that

moment, that then happened again Thursday night which then caused the crash. 

not saying that’s what it was. In fact, i agree it likely isn’t what happened. But it’s as good a guess as anyone’s at this point 

43 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Explain how that's a pattern?

I'm no Twitter expert by any stretch, I know nothing about it so my comment is simply based off what is in front of my eyes. 

She seems to have indicated that 2 weeks prior she may have had an argument with him and now in frustration he was speeding.

If two weeks later she dies in a car crash that had no inclement weather involved and seemed to involve speed based on reports of striking multiple trees and rolling over then it becomes at minimum an incredible coincidence.

If someone I loved retweeted something about feeling like Nicole simpson and two weeks later was murdered by her ex husband I'd be more than a little suspicious about that retweet. 

Again though I know nothing of Twitter so I may be missing something. 

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1