Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- No Howell, No Way. Howell traded to the Seahawks. MarioTa vs Frommm battle for QB1

Koolblue13

Part of the advantage of having Rales as part of the ownership group is because of his local ties. He’s established in the community. He has roots/relationships.

They don’t have to develop new working relationships. The groundwork already exists.

Theyre primed to hit the ground running.

• Like 4

Just now, Die Hard said:

Part of the advantage of having Rales as part of the ownership group is because of his local ties. He’s established in the community. He has roots/relationships.

They don’t have to develop new working relationships. The groundwork already exists.

Theyre primed to hit the ground running.

Yeah everyone is focusing on Harris and to some extent Magic but Rales is the key player in this group. He has big pockets but is also by all counts an actual decent human being and like you said has ties to the area. He's the guy that could take this franchise over the top.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah, maybe he’ll just keep things as they are. That’ll work....:kickcan:

Are you saying the new owner should come in with guns blazing and fire everyone, including Ron? Don't you think it is kinda late in the game to do that? Will he fire Ron and make EB the head coach instead? Move up the draft to the 2nd spot and get his QB instead? Is this what you want him to do? 

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Are you saying the new owner should come in with guns blazing and fire everyone

No I’m not. Where have you picked that up from ?

Plus, I’ve realised this is the QB thread, so we’ve all probably drifted off topic a little.

31 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Fairly exaggerated take that. 

I’d wager he makes 2 or 3 key strategical moves.

@zCommander that’s what I think.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

The guy already owns 2 professional sports franchises… in 2 different sports. It’s his 2nd bid for an NFL franchise in the past year. The team has been on the market since November.

Im sure he’s been twiddling his thumbs… and he’ll get started once he’s learned everyone’s names and takes the NFL Intro to football weekend course. 😂😂

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said lol...

I never said he'd need time to get up to speed, I said fans eagerly want him to do a lot of the things we claimed made Snyder such a bad owner.

Considering this is the QB thread and people are talking about changes the owner will make, I'm assuming people are talking about coaching and personnel changes that would affect the QB. To that, I'd say that Harris is going to do nothing that affects the QBs this season. Free agency was run by Ron and his crew. The draft will be as well. This season has been constructed for a Ron team, and it would be foolish for an owner to immediately dismantle with the job half done. It would truly be throwing away the season to fire the head coach with no pool of HC candidates to choose from, and limiting yourself to EB and JDL for your choices is an extremely poor footing to put yourself on. The coaching staff stays, the players stay, and the GMs who will inevitably pick players over the preseason and regular season to fill the roster in a way that matches Ron's scheme will also stay.

People on the business side can be changed at any time and it won't set the team behind. But that has nothing to do with QBs or the official QB thread.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

So what do you say he'll do once it's official? 

To get this back on track within the QB thread....

Whilst I like both players, I’ll take some convincing Howell and Brissett would be seen as the way forward. Time is clearly against changing this right now. But whilst QBs of the quality of Rodgers and Jackson remain ‘attainable’ on the market, I would keep an open mind.

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

To get this back on track within the QB thread....

Whilst I like both players, I’ll take some convincing Howell and Brissett would be seen as the way forward. Time is clearly against changing this right now. But whilst QBs of the quality of Rodgers and Jackson remain ‘attainable’ on the market, I would keep an open mind.

The potential competitive disadvantage financially doesn’t start until 2024 with Eagles and Giants (Hurts and Jones are at deals below 9% of the cap in 2023), which is unfortunate with so much riding on this season. 

Remain lean and stay the course while attempting to draft or find value in the trade or open market. Zero fear going against Jones and Prescott with current QB situation.

Ron extending a middle finger to the entitled overpaid middling QB is great. Be bold, Ron. 11 win season in coming. Enjoy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No I get it.  You’re just doing it wrong. 😛 

(I have a vet friend who makes ewe jokes constantly and I’ve picked it up.  But I’m not going to ram it down your throat.) 

Mine is originally Marx brothers and later used by Gene Wilder. I've been a comedy addict as long as I've been a fan of the team.

One has helped me cope a lot with the other during these ugly sad Snydertimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, wit33 said:

Ron extending a middle finger to the entitled overpaid middling QB is great. Be bold, Ron. 11 win season in coming. Enjoy. 

I don't really disagree with your point but I also think we should realize that it's not like Ron had much choice in the matter..

We don't have guys banging down our door to come here in general, and even if Ron did want Jackson there's no way in hell our petty, vindictive, cheapo soon-to-be-ex owner would have signed off on that insane contract right now. And Rodgers clearly has no interest in coming here.

So yeah, Ron did a great job of not giving into pressure and signing a nonexistent QB to a huge deal.  :ols:

Edited by mistertim

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't really disagree with your point but I also think we should realize that it's not like Ron had much choice in the matter..

We don't have guys banging down our door to come here in general, and even if Ron did want Jackson there's no way in hell our petty, vindictive, cheapo soon-to-be-ex owner would have signed off on that insane contract right now. And Rodgers clearly has no interest in coming here.

So yeah, Ron did a great job of not giving into pressure and signing a nonexistent QB to a huge deal.  :ols:

Exactly.  Ron has been anything but smart and tactical when it pertains to how he's handled the QB situation here in DC.  Basically, no top QB's wanted to come here, so he had to scramble for a couple of mediocre choices, Fitzpatrick in '21, and then the GOD AWUL Wentz trade in '22.  Aaron Rodgers wouldn't touch this team with a 10 foot pole, so we had no shot at him, Derek Carr said no, and Jimmy Garoppolo wouldn't even consider signing with Washington.  In Garoppolo's case, he could've accepted a trade to this team last offseason, but he elected to get surgery instead (LOL).

We literally have no choice but to roll with Sam Howell & Jacoby Brissett.  No one notable wants to come here.  We also had the ownership situation hanging over our heads this offseason, so we were on a tight budget with regards to spending.  Hopefully with the new owner, all of that changes in the future.

Edited by samy316

If Howell can even be like league average ish, not only would that be an upgrade over what we've had but it'd give us a huge advantage the next two years having an average QB on a dirt cheap late round rookie contract. We can really stack a team around him and kinda have a 49ers-like run. I know they haven't won a ring yet but they've been damn close(3 NFC Championship appearances in 4 years and probably make their 2nd Super Bowl appearance if all their QBs didn't break).

• Like 4

With the new ownership... if we can swing the trade for Lamar... it is time to do it... #16 pick and hopefully bottom 25% 1st round pick in next year's draft...

Let's not over think it

I would be good with Rodgers as well.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 3

1 hour ago, sjinhan said:

With the new ownership... if we can swing the trade for Lamar... it is time to do it... #16 pick and hopefully bottom 25% 1st round pick in next year's draft...

Let's not over think it

In all seriousness, me as well specifically on Lamar.

Edited by Est.1974

2 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Let's not over think it

If an organization as well-respected as Baltimore hasn't been able to extend Lamar, there must be something up.  Look at how easy Philly extended Hurts.  Look at how 31 fellow teams aren't going gaga over trading for Lamar (in contrast to Watson last year).  No one wants Lamar.  There has to be a reason why.

8 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If an organization as well-respected as Baltimore hasn't been able to extend Lamar, there must be something up.  Look at how easy Philly extended Hurts.  Look at how 31 fellow teams aren't going gaga over trading for Lamar (in contrast to Watson last year).  No one wants Lamar.  There has to be a reason why.

What makes you think other teams aren’t interested ? And they don’t always retain all of their high end quality players.