Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- No Howell, No Way. Howell traded to the Seahawks. MarioTa vs Frommm battle for QB1

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

People don’t want to hear it but as I’ve said in other threads, we will never have a franchise QB. We are the worst organization in football when it comes to player development and no free agent QB who is already established is touching this place with a ten foot pole.

I dont know what snapped in you, but your current sky is falling spamming is getting annoying.  

14 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Welp we have our answer

Tua is garbage, hard pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont know what snapped in you, but your current sky is falling spamming is getting annoying.

Nothing snapped in me. I’ve felt this way for 15 years. I just haven’t been posting in the Stadium very often. But when I have posted, it’s mostly followed the same theme of being resigned to failure and it hasn’t ever been spamming because I’ve consistently been proven right.

Not a fan of acquiring Tua either. From what I’ve seen, he’s very average. Washington need to stop being lazy and going after QB’s that other teams don’t want and didn’t their homework and draft a QB. 

Tua isn’t taking the WFT on a deep run in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Why trade for a stop gap when we can jus sign one?  If he's not the answer why waste a pick we need for a rebuild?  2nd or 3rd is too high for another teams bust, our problem is we have a terrible time developing QBs, what makes anyone think we can save Tua?  I dont get it at all.

I would trade a 3rd at best for Tua.  Maybe he pulls it together here, but everything I’m seeing so far says mediocre player.  I would be perfectly happy getting a QB with a high floor, even if the ceiling isn’t super high, and go draft heavy on linebackers and secondary.  I think we have the basis for a good offense once Samuel heals.  We’ve got decent RBs, o-line, and TE (with Logan Thomas healthy). One can only hope Brown and Bates develop, who knows.  Trade one of the d-línemen for some draft assets (Settle can capably start on the interior and both Young and Sweat are replaceable in FA).  And the scouting needs to become more sophisticated than just measurables.  

Tua was fun to watch in Alabama, I'd have entertained him when he came out but watching him in Miami, "meh".  

Keim and Hoffman said in the past that the WFT scouts  weren't into Tua.  

Now we got Finlay, Fortier, Standig saying no go at Tua.

So I don't think we have to worry about it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whiskeypeet said:

Why not just go in on Watson if the Team wants to make a splash at QB?

The asking price is 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.  You can do it, but you have to be very good in the draft and free agency to stay competitive when you give up that draft capital.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, philibusters said:

The asking price is 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.  You can do it, but you have to be very good in the draft and free agency to stay competitive when you give up that draft capital.

I suspect they won't get that.  Even so, where is this team at in its rebuild?  I mean, if we are ready to scrap the whole thing and start over, then i agree with your concern and its probably not worth the cost (whatever it ends up being, won't be cheap regardless).   If the team still believes it has a salvagable defense and some working offensive weapons, feels like Watson is the way to go to me.  Further, if Watson ends up suspended for a year, we are at least that far out in getting a viable qb in the draft from the sounds of it. 

Not a huge fan of Tua but I’d become one if we got him. Would be more excited for him more than any qb we’ve had since rg3.

If not I’m fine just rolling out some mediocre dudes until we have the right opportunity. There is just no reason to rush with how much we need. But if we could get Corral, which is doubtful, or pick up someone like Tua I’m down. 

As much as it pains me to say this, nobody wants to come play for this organization so the QB we are all hoping for will have to be drafted and assembling the best scouting department is the key.

Additionally, I think we need a solid accountant team to forecast salaries to allocate funds towards signing the QB long term while setting aside funds for skill positions. I am concerned with how much money will be potentially tied up on the defensive line when that money would be better served elsewhere.

• Like 1

Some of you have lost your collective minds RE: Tu'a.

If he can be had for a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice you get him and sprint away from the table.

He is FAR better than any active QB on this team. He also has more upside than any QB we've had since...

Well... it's been a long time.

Is he worth a first at this point? No. 

Having said that I very much doubt it happens. 

• Like 2