Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Death of a Fanbase

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I’m still a fan. Will always be. The rot within this organization does not change that fact. I don’t quit easily. I will admit that I’m living my life and if the team fits my schedule I will partake, but I’m not feeling nearly as bad about missing the action when we play as we have.  Coaching my kids has taken precedence to getting all charged up to watch on a Sunday. It is what it is, but I ain’t going anywhere. Sadly it looks like neither is the team. :( 

• Like 1

I'm still a fan, technically. I want to see them win. I want them to be good like they were under Gibbs. But, I'm so emotionless towards wins and losses now. I'm completely apathetic. It's going to take a lot to get me to care again. Like several years of consistent, playoff football. That won't happen under Snyder.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Well what the **** does the NFL expect?  

If you click on that article, it explains that the NFL is unhappy with 5 teams who are performing poorly in the attendance department:  WFT, Jets, Lions, Jags and the Bengals.  The first four, understandable, they pretty much represent the taint of the NFL.  The Bengals are finally good and if I'm a Bengals fan I'd be excited.  Give them some time, the fans will come out to see that team.  Burrow and Chase are looking like a lethal combination.

The other teams have sucked and they've sucked for a long, long time.  Like Yogi Berra said, if people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's gonna stop them.  

However, I would LOVE to know what was said on that conference call.  The NFL is pretty stupid...and as stupid as they are, they have to know that the only thing that can fix this is winning.  But how can Goodell get upset at Snyder?  Doesn't he know who he's dealing with here?  That would be like being pissed at your puppy because he can't figure out his multiplication tables.  Now that's a **** analogy because no one would be as stupid to try to teach their dog math...and puppies are great and cute, while Dan Snyder is neither.  But puppies **** and piss in the house all the time and Snyder does too so maybe it's not completely off-base.

LAST IN THE LEAGUE IN ATTENDANCE?  Behind JACKSONVILLE?  I'm experiencing a yin-yang of emotions here...happy because, well, whatever, Snyder deserves it.  And for practically all my years growing up, Redskins tickets were a hard get and there was that whole mythologized WAITING LIST that everyone in the DMV was on to get season tickets.  Well that's completely vaporized and the emperor wears no clothes.  And if Goodell is pissed at him and the organization for being so inept, he might be more inclined to kick Snyder out if this e-mail thing goes off the rails.  Look at it this way:  Say the Patriots were the organization embroiled in this e-mail mess.  Does anyone think Kraft is going anywhere?  Certainly not.  He's a made man, so is Jerry Jones.  But a guy like Snyder who's turned a once-proud franchise into a steaming pile of ****?  Ehhhhh, the NFL with an e-mail scandal is a better place without someone like Dan Snyder.  

On the other hand, it's just completely sad as to how far this franchise has fallen.  Fed Ex, despite being a soulless bloodsucking tick on the Beltway's scrotum would tolerable if this franchise had been as good as the Patriots for the past 20 years.   Can you guys imagine if it were packed full of 80k Redskins fans?  It'd be unbelievable.  But now it's just where depression goes to die.  50k in attendance with probably 60%+ opposing teams fans is heartbreaking.

Anyway, I digress.  I would have loved to be able to hear that conference call.  All the NFL could really say to the WFT is something like "JUST STOP SUCKING."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1