Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

The roster holes were really filled in this past weekend. If they had not grabbed Patterson right after the draft I would have said the glaring hole is at RB.

Once again the TE will be a position of intrigue. This time there is a legit #1 and much potential behind him.

The jockeying/battles with OL/DBs and WR's should be fun. They did what they wanted, bring competition to all positions 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

The roster holes were really filled in this past weekend. If they had not grabbed Patterson right after the draft I would have said the glaring hole is at RB.

Once again the TE will be a position of intrigue. This time there is a legit #1 and much potential behind him.

The jockeying/battles with OL/DBs and WR's should be fun. They did what they wanted, bring competition to all positions 

I also feel a bit better about the RB position with Patterson, but it’s still one of my top concerns for sure.  If he can handle the change in size/speed/competition and earn snaps in season, I’ll feel pretty good.  As of now though, I’m worried about 1) his size, 2) his ability to handle pass pro, 3) I have absolutely no idea how he handles receiving duties.  If he can show to be at least serviceable in pass pro/receiving, he’s easily a better runner than McKissick/Barber and I’ll feel like we have a reasonable backup to Gibson.  Fingers crossed.

Broadly speaking, RB, TE, edge and corner are the areas I’m most worried about a drop off in terms of depth.  The starters at those spots are all good to excellent though, so hoping for some luck in terms of health.

This is going to be a fun year to watch.  I'm looking forward to watching our young playmakers on offense, and am interested in the different looks from our back seven on defense.  Seems like there is a lot of flexibility to work with.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

image.png.1307dec00a1683358d060f99f6b3d85a.png

Rookies are in green. I'm missing 2-3 players from somewhere. Let me know if you know where :ols:

Thank you very very much. I like that you included the number of players in parentheses. Would it be possible to also show the expected number of roster spots too, maybe in brackets next to the parentheses?  That way, one could get a sense of the roster trimming that is forthcoming. Maybe the numbers from the first roster of 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Nah man.  This is good.  I have something similar that hadn’t been updated since before the Flowers trade.  It’s nice to reconcile what I have to yours.

Still missing two.

3 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Thank you very very much. I like that you included the number of players in parentheses. Would it be possible to also show the expected number of roster spots too, maybe in brackets next to the parentheses?  That way, one could get a sense of the roster trimming that is forthcoming. Maybe the numbers from the first roster of 2020. 

That kinda thing changes yearly so that's a tough one to forecast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

@KDawgis having enough trouble as it is my man...

J/K dawg!!

I’m now picturing kdawg doubled over holding his fruits and jaxjoe like “hey, while you’re down there, can you grab that pen I dropped?” Lol

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think we are both at 89.  Your screenshot has 88.  Add Luke and Bada and back out the extra Wise and you get to 89.

It's updated.

Badet is removed as well as he was cut. So we're still missing someone.

Just now, Ball Security said:

Badet and one of the Browns got cut today.  Rivera said they have four open slots just now on the radio, so I imagine there is more movement in the works today that hasn’t been announced.

Not updating this thing at all until the dust settles. :ols:

• Like 1