Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Camaron Cheeseman LS Michigan

PCS

Welcome young man to Washington. Enjoy your stay. :) 

6f09017a-55ab-4589-8599-519711fd3c2e

HEIGHT 6' 4"

WEIGHT 237 lbs

Prospect Grade

PRIORITY FREE AGENT

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/camaron-cheeseman/32004348-4518-9637-63dc-9c9dc3dbe3b2

Overview

2020 opt-out with three years of handling snapping duties for the Wolverines. Cheeseman improved from 2018 to 2019 as a kick snapper with consistent accuracy but teams will likely have concerns about his inaccuracies with long-snapping over the last couple of seasons.

Strengths

Three-year long and short snapper.

Consistent placement on field goals and extra point snaps.

Gets snaps off without much of a hitch.

*click link for more* 

Note: My last "Welcome Thread" for this years draft. Anyone wants to start one @zskins go ahead and thanks for the assist. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/story/_/id/31217595/is-camaron-cheeseman-aspiring-dentist-nfl-draft-top-long-snapper

A good detailed article about him^^^.

Ever since he could remember, his last name has always been a point of discussion.

"People always ask me, 'Is it Cheese-man or is it Cheese-min?' And I'm like, 'I think it's Cheese-min.' ... But yeah, people just call me 'Cheese.'"

And Cheeseman notes that the fun doesn't stop there, since his first name means "shrimp" in Spanish.

"So it's like Shrimp Cheeseman is my name," he said. "I've never seen anybody else spell it that way, and I can never get a keychain at a [gift shop]."

Cheeseman says he opted out of the 2020 season because Harbaugh told him a scholarship wasn't available. (The former walk-on had been awarded a scholarship back in 2018.) At the time, Cheeseman needed to know if he would have one before renewing the lease on his apartment in Ann Arbor.

A native of New Albany, Ohio, Cheeseman and his family weren't in a position to pay out-of-state tuition and, with the added uncertainty due to the pandemic, he decided to forego a final season and train for the NFL from home

"A few weeks later, that's when they brought the Big Ten season back and I was home," Cheeseman said. "And I couldn't do anything about it. I was helpless at that point. I already left, I graduated."

"It was emotionally draining," he added. "It was unfortunate. It was tough for me. That was my first season in 14 years I hadn't played football."

Along with his workouts and classwork, Cheeseman has been working at an orthodontic practice in Gahanna, Ohio. He checks the wellness of patients who come in by taking temperatures, handing out mouthwash and having them fill out symptom forms.

And while Cheeseman has dental school in front of him before he can actually practice dentistry (presumably after football), he already has impressed Dr. James McNamara in Ann Arbor, who has been working in the field for half a century.

"He's taking this NFL thing really seriously," McNamara said. "But he's taking the dentistry thing just as much. I mean, he got admitted to Michigan and Ohio State on his own merits. This wasn't because he was a football player, I can tell you that."

I like this dude. He's got heart. I hope he's a keeper.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

So the CBS instant analysis of this pick is this:

C-  The consensus top LS in the class. Not great draft capital allocation. (Chris Trapasso)  

How is this not great draft capital allocation when you only spent a 6th round pick for the consensus top LS in the draft?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

His name is Cheeseman.

Cheese. Man.

Best pick of the draft. Can't wait for his HOF enshrinement in 20 years.

I haven't been this excited for a pick since Chris Hanburger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We now have cheese and mayo. We're building our own ham sandwiches now boys!

Who put's mayo on a ham sandwich?  Mustard all the way.

Edited by China