Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I am so excited about our draft, man. A few reach type picks I’ll admit but the schematic fits have been so good. We are selecting guys who are physical and productive with good traits left and right. This is a very solid draft strategy. 

So excited, man. Haven’t felt this way in a long time with this team.

If it lasts more than 4 hours, call your doctor.  Lol.  Really good night for the organization.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Chris Simms is going nuts over that pick.  He had him as his #3 on his big board!  Says he's a super steal in the 3rd.

Yeah I listened to most of Simms' podcasts and recall that one.   He had Dyami as one of his top 5 WRs.  I don't agree with all his takes.  Some are a bit quirky.   i've liked Dyami.  @KDawg was on him first and who sold him well. That got me to eventually watch him.   When Sheehan said recently they want an Elijah Moore style receiver, Dyami struck me as a similar style WR.  So I am not surprised they took him.  I mentioned it earlier today on the draft thread.  The thing that i thought was cool about watching Dyami in the mix of his tools is that he's IMO a really good run blocker.  

Among Chris Simms' guys i love Michael Carter.   I think Simms is over the top on Carter.  But I think he's going to be really good.  I'd love him in the 4th if he's still there

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

I'm loving the Brown pick.  He's an explosive guy to fill a role that we've been filling with some of the most boring, unathletic players for what seems like forever.  I don't need him to be a star or anything.  Just go out there and catch like 35 balls but make them splashy as hell when you do.  Get open, stress the D, make contested catches, and put that boring ass WR4 role on steroids.

I see a glimpse of Golladay in him.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 6

Love our depth right now.  You have to think WR, OL, DL, and QB are not going to get drafted, since a day 3 guy would be hard pressed to make the team.  I'm guessing our 4 picks tomorrow are LB, FS, TE, and RB.  

Some reaches so far, but I like the methodical approach.  That's not a term that's synonymous with the skins.

• Like 5

ya including free agency, this has been a great offseason for us. pretty much tightened up almost all of our problem areas with seasoned talent or early round draft picks. only thing missing was a big splash at QB, but fitz will be entertaining at least

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm loving the Brown pick.  He's an explosive guy to fill a role that we've been filling with some of the most boring, unathletic players for what seems like forever.  I don't need him to be a star or anything.  Just go out there and catch like 35 balls but make them splashy as hell when you do.  Get open, stress the D, make contested catches, and put that boring ass WR4 role on steroids.

I see a glimpse of Golladay in him.

Prediction: he’s WR3 in terms of go to and plays some in the slot and boundary.

• Like 4

I like our approach to this draft: get super athletic guys that fit your scheme and trust that your coaches can develop them. I hated in years past drafting try hard stiffs with little upside.

I like the Davis pick. Think its a wee bit of a reach at 19  but not so much so that it worries me that much. Cosmi and Brown picks were fantastic value. St. Juste might have been a bit of a reach too and I think I would have preferred a TE in that spot, but I like Rivera's track record with developing DBs and again he's a great scheme fit with some really strong measurables.

If we could get Brevin Jordan in round 4 and someone like Michael Carter in round 5 I'd consider this draft an A+.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dyami Brown Draft Projection: 5 fantasy landing spots for the UNC WR (profootballnetwork.com)

Washington Football Team

When I am looking for potential rookies in fantasy, I look for ambiguity. Which situations are unresolved? The WR3 for Washington is one of those positions:

1. They upgraded at QB with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
  2. They signed Curtis Samuel in the offseason.
  3. There is no competition for the WR3 role on a team where defenses will be worrying about Samuel and Terry McLaurin.

Fitzpatrick loves to take risks vertically, and Brown could be an early recipient of those targets. Additionally, I do not want to paint Brown as only a straight-line receiver. He can work intermediate routes; they’re just not his forte.

The average depth of target is arguably the highest correlator when it comes to predicting fantasy production. Should the Fitzpatrick-to-Brown deep-ball chemistry develop early on, Brown would be a viable streamer in 2021 fantasy leagues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Prediction: he’s WR3 in terms of go to and plays some in the slot and boundary.

I got zero problems with that.  Man, I love this offseason.  So much to be optimistic about in the Rivera era.

• Like 2