Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Overall my Brown's draft wasn't bad.  My best one yet.  I got JOK to the Browns right, just at #52 instead of #26.  Reports were if Newsome was off the board they would have taken JOK at #26 so I was close on a direct hit.

Ronnie Perkins I had at #59 and he dropped to the late 3rd to the Patriots.  

Jay Tufele at #89 went top of the 4th so not bad.  Brown's traded this pick to move up for JOK.

Trill Williams at #91 going undrafted pissed me off.  Was for sure he'd be drafted due to his size and versatility.  And he timed well also at his pro day so not sure what was up with that.  

Rounds 4-7 I killed it for the most part.

D'Wayne Eskridge in the 4th ended going in the 2nd to Seattle.

Keith Taylor also in the 4th dropped to the 5th to I forget which team.  

Robert Hainsey I had in 5th went 3rd Rd to the Bucs.

Tre Brown I had in the 6th went in the 4th Rd to Seattle.

Joshua Kaindoh I had in the 7th went 4th Rd to the Chiefs.  

I've improved every year doing this so far.  Looking forward to next year.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

2021 New York Giants Mock Draft Review:

Round 1 (11)

Mock - Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater 

Actual Draft Position (ADP) - Round 1 (13) by LAC

Actual Team Selection (ATS) - Florida WR Looney (20)

Notes - I thought for sure Penn State LB Micah Parsons would be available at 11 and my heart sank when he was drafted by Denver at 9. Multiple trade down attempts were met with crickets. Instead I solidified the offensive line to keep the pressure off Daniel Jones. 

Round 2 (42)

Mock - Clemson RB Travis Etienne

ADP - Round 1 (25) by Jacksonville

ATS - Georgia OLB Azeez Ojulari (50)

Notes - I attempted to trade down without much success. I knew that I would get flamed for this selection but truly felt Daniel Jones needed a home run threat at RB and a reliable check down receiver. There was too much value to pass on here so I drafted best player available instead of need. Figured he would be a great insurance policy with Barkley’s season opener status in doubt.

Round 3 (76)

Mock - Stanford OT Walker Little

ADP - Round 2 (45) by Jacksonville

ATS - UCF CB Aaron Robinson (71)

Notes - Focused on drafting a LB with this selection after losing out in Parson’s in round one and was hoping Jabril Cox (63) would be available or select Jammin Davis (69). Unfortunately, I had limited draft selections to trade up once the run on LB began. This selection was made based on potential and admit drafting Little is a gamble that could payoff over the next decade.

Round 4 (116)

Mocked - Pitt DE Rashad Weaver

ADP - Round 4 (135) by Tennessee

ATS - Northern Iowa LB Elerson Smith (116)

Notes - I considered Vandy DE Dayo Odeyingbo but did not feel confident drafting two players back-to-back with injuries.  Odeyingbo was selected with the very next pick.

Round 6 (196)

Mocked - WKU OLB DeAngelo Malone

ADP - Undrafted; Unsigned

ATS - Arizona RB Gary Brightwell (196)

Notes - I was desperate to find any glimmer of potential at LB. Apparently, the NFL didn’t think much of his potential.

Round 6 (201)

Mocked - Louisville DT Jared Goldwire

ADP - Undrafted; Signed by LAC; Retired

ATS - Oklahoma State CB Rodarius Williams

Notes - “He coulda bean a contenda!”

Not bad. All that got drafted made their team. I had 3 that went in the 7th rd in the real draft but all 3 made their teams. 

ES Mock Draft - 2021 - Atlanta Falcons                                                       NFL Team - Status                                                  

Rd 1 Pick #4 - 4th (overall) - JaMarr Chase, WR LSU                                Cincinnati   Struggled in camp with drop issues. I may never draft a WR again as long as I live.                                           

Rd 2 Pick #3 - 35th - Gregory Rousseau Edge Miami                                    Buffalo        Had a very good camp. Listed a 2nd string but had a very good camp and preseason.                                         

Rd 3 Pick #4 - 68th - Baron Browning, LB Ohio State                                  Denver          Spent some time on the PUP list but returned in time to show what he could do at ILB. Listed at 2nd team.                                  

Rd 4 Pick #3 -  108th - Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota                          Washington After a very good camp, St-Juste will get many chances, he could push for a starting spot.                                         

Rd 4 Pick #35 - 140th - Jermar Jefferson, RB Oregon State                       Detroit          Despite being a 7th rd pick, Jefferson impressed enough to make the 53 man roster as the #3.                                   

Rd 5 Pick #4 - 148th - Patrick Johnson, EDGE Tulane                               Philadelphia Another 7th rd pick to make a 53 man roster. He is listed as 2nd team SAM                                    

Rd 6 Pick #11 - 195th - Ambry Thomas, CB Michigan                                 San Fran        3rd rd pick by SF or he would not be on the roster. He had an up and down camp but showed some flashes                                 

Rd 6 Pick #28 - 212th - Brenden Jaimes, OT Nebraska                               LA Chargers   Another 7th rd pick to make the team. They only kept 9 so that says something.                                 

Rd 6 Pick #35 - 219th - Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tennessee                Not Drafted     Still not an any roster. Doubt that changes.             

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So is this not happening this year? Feels like we are way behind to get it started. I cannot run it this year. I have too much to do. I can participate though. 

But if we want to do this, we need to start no later than a week from Friday. There is a lot to do between now and then. No need to change rules as i think we finally have them down. But we do need to get all 32 GMs in place and lock down rosters. 

I think @COWBOY-KILLA- said he would run it again. If someone else wants to be the Commanders GM talk to him.  But we really should get this going. 

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So is this not happening this year? Feels like we are way behind to get it started. I cannot run it this year. I have too much to do. I can participate though. 

But if we want to do this, we need to start no later than a week from Friday. There is a lot to do between now and then. No need to change rules as i think we finally have them down. But we do need to get all 32 GMs in place and lock down rosters. 

I think @COWBOY-KILLA- said he would run it again. If someone else wants to be the Commanders GM talk to him.  But we really should get this going. 

I'd love to participate, but, unfortunately, I'm way too busy to run the show.

• Like 1

Ok Guys I have updated the OP to reflect those of us who have already confirmed for this year. 

I have also sent DM's to every owner from last year and asked for their availability for this year. 

We will give the previous owners a couple days to respond before moving on to find new owners.

We are looking to start the draft two weeks from this Friday March 25th.

Anyone else who would like to respond in this thread on their status I will update it in the OP.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Ok Guys I have updated the OP to reflect those of us who have already confirmed for this year. 

I have also sent DM's to every owner from last year and asked for their availability for this year. 

There was only one owner who seems to have changed his name: thelongestbreath who was the owner of the texans.  Not sure how to get a hold of him. 

We will give the previous owners a couple days to respond before moving on to find new owners.

We are looking to start the draft two weeks from this Friday March 25th.

Anyone else who would like to respond in this thread on their status I will update it in the OP.

Thier new name is @Commander_N_Chief  @mistertim is keeping a log of name changes. The thread is below.  

• Like 1

• COWBOY-KILLA- changed the title to 2022 ES GM's Mock Draft....
  • MartinC pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Epochalypse said:

Been a few years but I think I may again have the bandwidth to participate this year if you'll have me.

Yes we'd love to have you.  Ok I'd ask to just wait a couple of days and we'll have a clear picture of what is open.  Waiting on last years peoples answers..