Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Baltimore-Ravens-Wide-Tailgate-Banner-Fl
2021 ES Mock Draft Review 

1.27  Azeez Ojulari - EDGE - Georgia

My first choice here was to trade down, but with no offers, I took the highest remaining guy on my board. Luckily it just happened to be an area of MAJOR need after losing both Yannick and Judon. I really wanted Teven Jenkins here--a perfect replacement for RG Marshal Yanda or RT Orlando Brown, Jr., but those jerks in ****tsburgh took him at 24 🤬. Jaelen Phillips and AVT would also have been under consideration had they slipped. I'm very happy to bring in a player of Ojulari's caliber. He's got a ton of upside in the Ravens defense.

TRADE: 

Raiders receive picks 2.58, 4.131, 5.171

Ravens receive picks 3.79 & 3.80

I BADLY wanted Landon Dickerson at 58--he went to LAR at 57 😩. I can honestly can see him creeping his way up into the late 1st/early 2nd range. He's the perfect Center. I was strongly considering Richie Grant here at 58, as FS is a major need. Ultimately, I decided to accept a trade offer from the Raiders. The Raiders ended up taking Grant 😄.

3.79  Dyami Brown - WR - North Carolina

Another major weakness for Baltimore is at WR, more specifically an X-receiver. Dyami fits this role very well. I think he's a very... dynamic player. Speed and burst. His contact balance and strength helps get YAC. Great vertical receiver who tracks the ball well. He needs to increase his route tree as he was limited at UNC, but there's certainly room for growth. Great, fluid runner with excellent double moves. Baltimore is very happy Dyami was available here in the third. Nico Collins was also under consideration. Quinn Meinerz was going to be my pick at 79, but he went at 78 😢. I'm starting to see a trend...

3.80  Spencer Brown - OT - Northern Iowa

After missing out on Meinerz, I decided to take a high upside (somewhat risky) RT prospect out of UNI. Brown could easily turn into the Ravens RT for the next decade. He's way too athletic for his size. Ar'darius Washington was also under consideration here, but I thought I might have a shot at him with my next pick--I was wrong.

3.104  Josh Myers - OC - Ohio Sate

It was supposed to be a match made in heaven--Ar'darius Washington & the Ravens. Unfortunately, the Patriots continued their cheating ways and took him at 96. I also considered solidifying the EDGE position with Peyton Turner, but he was gone at 99. The Ravens had serious issues at Center last season and ultimately told our starter, Skura, to take a hike. Enjoy that Miami humidity, Matt!  At 104, we selected one of the few quality Center prospects in the draft. Myers is a plug 'n' play Center who could also slide to Guard. Love his IQ, toughness and attitude.

5.184  Josh Palmer - WR - Tennessee

After waiting 80 picks, and seeing so many of my guys get plucked, I ended up with another WR prospect I feel is being seriously underrated. I had no intention of double dipping at WR this early, but I couldn't pass up on Palmer. He's tough and one of the better contested catch WRs in the draft. I can see him being a solid 1st down and redzone threat. 

TRADE: 

Raiders receive conditional 2022 5th round pick*.   

Ravens receive pick 6.200
*= If the player selected at 200 is selected to the Pro Bowl this season, the Ravens will instead send a 4th round pick in 2022. If the player selected at 200 is named MVP this season, the Ravens will also include Trace McSorely and a lifetime supply of crab cakes from Joe's Crab Shack. 

6.200  Elerson Smith - EDGE - Northern Iowa

Using a pick we discovered in a black hole while exploring the universe, we selected our second player out of the NFL-player factory that is the University of Northern Iowa. We absolutely LOVE the potential of Smith at the Edge. He added 20lbs prior to the Senior Bowl, arriving at about 265, and really impressed scouts against some tough OL talent.   

6.210  Camryn Bynum - CB - California

Wrapping up our draft, we selected on of the most well-rounded CBs on our board. Bynum will be a perfect fit to learn from and back up the talented, yet oft-injured, duo of Jimmy Smith and Tavon Young. I had planned all along on taking Austin Watkins Jr. here and teaming him with his cousin Sammy, but he went prior to my pick at 200. Thankful I grabbed Palmer when I did.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the outcome of my draft. I was able to inject some great, young talent into the Ravens squad and fill some major needs in the process. We'll still need to look for more depth in free agency, but I think it's a safe bet that the Ravens will win the Super Bowl next few years thanks to the great work I've done. Have fun eating my 7th round scraps, boys!

Lamar Jackson Deal With It GIF by Baltimore Ravens - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by duffy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Doing a second draft kind of diminishes this one, imo. The appeal of this one is to get your team the best you can in one attempt. Multiple runs through a similar format kind of diminishes what makes this fun.

Thats why I wouldn’t mind a round robin. If we get 40 people, we randomize numbers and roll through. After all 40 pick a guy we start from the top. Scores are tabulated by: 1) how far off you were on the player’s actual draft position + 2) 5 bonus points for drafting the correct position for your team even if the player was wrong + 3) 20 points for nailing the correct player.

I threw in arbitrary values, but it means whoever you’re drafting for you have to take into account who they may go after and make a wise selection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

Just so a person gets many props for drafting a player with "goose" in their name.

And I'll say this now, if some small school prospect named Bill GreyGoose is out there, and you draft him before me, I will look for you, and I will find you.

54d46015dd1f0_-_esq-taken-de.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

The Carolina Panthers with their 6th Round Pick #215 acquired from the Titans select Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa

This is the Second OT that the Panthers have selected this draft. This provides more depth fpr the OL.

Damn. Stole my next pick. My board is getting pillaged. 

With the 216th pick Tampa bay @mcterry selects Jhamon Ausbon, WR, Texas A&M

@klwilkins1977on the clock

@goskins10 on deck

@PokerPacker coming soon

@Davistron20 coming soon

@Gallen5862 coming soon

@Reaper Skins coming soon

@skinfan57 coming soon

@skinfan57coming soon

OP updated...sorry folks got sidetracked w/ the kids.. 

If you are headed out send your picks to me &  @goskins10 in case one of us gets sidetracked..lol

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2

With the 219th pick - and the final pick for Atlanta - the Atlanta Falcons select: Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tennessee. 

We continue to provide the D with support. Coming from small school, Reed is likely getting overlooked. But all this kid does is make plays. His football IQ is off the charts. He is a tenacious high motor player. We look forward to seeing what he can do at the next level. 

image.png.367d2421647e75e235f5dfcb04e7bcd3.png

• Like 3

With the 220th pick of the draft, GB selects
Drew Dalman, C/G, Stanford
drew-Dalman-800x445.jpg
He said that gatorade was better!
Green Bay picks up another interior offensive lineman to help fill in on the inside while Turner plays outside as Bakhtiari is out.  He has the smarts to read the D and communicate matchups along the line from the Center position.  Ideally he'll get a chance to bulk up before he's thrust onto the field.  GB's O-line has been through quite a shake-up the past few years, and I expect with the Tackle and two interior linemen I've picked up this year that I can bring some long-term stability to the line as well as some short-term relief while Bakhtiari recovers.

22 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

With the 223rd overall pick of the 2021 ES Mock Draft, The Arizona Cardinals select:

Damonte Coxie, WR Memphis

He was my next pick, darn it. Good one.

The Eagles have comp picks 224 and 225. With these picks the Eagles take:

Paddy Fisher, LB Northwestern
Cary Angeline, TE North Carolina State

• Like 4