Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

12 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I agree, it depends which list is accurate, I'm basing mine off PFN Mock Simulator which would give me 3 different picks from what was stated.  ESPN your list is correct.  I'm not sure if you're confused...I'm confused...PFN is confused...ESPN is confused?

I got mine from PFN which has me:

RD 3 Pick 67

RD 4 PICK 109

RD 4 PICK 122

RD 5 PICK 147

RD 5 PICK 158

RD 6 PICK 195

RD 6 PICK 203

RD 7 PICK 212

RD 7 PICK 233

The only thing I can figure is they included potential comp picks and hadn't updated to the correct draft order when I put together my war room(and by war room I mean 3 pieces of paper on an excel spread sheet and the lazy work I've done on certain positions Texans need).

It looks like the OP is100%  correct. We have verified against 4 different sources.. My exact Draft pick # is off by one later as I still have the forfeited picks in there (NE and MN). 

But the OP is 100% accurate.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

This discussion does have me wondering and I cannot see a clarification in the rules as posted.  If you make a trade for future picks will those future picks be honored in next years mock draft or is it just for laughs?  I know you can only trade away future picks once but if you receive future picks do you keep them?

My understanding is that its mostly for laughs. Those picks don't follow you to the following year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

This discussion does have me wondering and I cannot see a clarification in the rules as posted.  If you make a trade for future picks will those future picks be honored in next years mock draft or is it just for laughs?  I know you can only trade away future picks once but if you receive future picks do you keep them?

It's jsut for measuring your performance for that years draft. It would be near impossible to keep up with them from year to year. So we start fresh each year. 

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Laughs and prestige. You are your teams GM. People here will either laugh at or congratulate you on your decisions. :) Believe me. I have had both happen to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I agree, it depends which list is accurate, I'm basing mine off PFN Mock Simulator which would give me 3 different picks from what was stated.  ESPN your list is correct.  I'm not sure if you're confused...I'm confused...PFN is confused...ESPN is confused?

I got mine from PFN which has me:

RD 3 Pick 67

RD 4 PICK 109

RD 4 PICK 122

RD 5 PICK 147

RD 5 PICK 158

RD 6 PICK 195

RD 6 PICK 203

RD 7 PICK 212

RD 7 PICK 233

The only thing I can figure is they included potential comp picks and hadn't updated to the correct draft order when I put together my war room(and by war room I mean 3 pieces of paper on an excel spread sheet and the lazy work I've done on certain positions Texans need).

Way to start your first draft Bud! LOL. j/k...you'll fit right in around here....Keeping us on our toes I see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay to move this draft on, after a few interesting trade proposals the Jags stay at #1 and pick Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson. I don't think a write-up is really needed, we believe this is an potential All-Pro QB and our QB for the next 15 years. 

image.png.767f2561c4d4d6e40a49f2b7c75c3500.png

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The way this has worked in the past is that it is AFTER the lock down so we go with the draft as if that trade did not happen. But I am just one voice.  Never had one of this magnitude this close to when we start. Lot's of people impacted by this one - everyone between 3 and 12.  

Thoughts from other GMs?   

On a side note - did Kyle learn nothing from the RGIII trade? 

Edited by goskins10

Just now, goskins10 said:

The way this has worked in the past is that it is AFTER the lock down so we go with the draft as if that trade did not happen. But I am just one voice.  Never had one of this magnitude this close to when we start. Lot's of people impacted by this one - everyone between 3 and 12.  

Thoughts from other GMs?   

I took all deals finalized in real world situations had to be the 25th of March.  Anything after would be null and void for this draft.  At least that's what was in the OP rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thelongestbreath said:

I took all deals finalized in real world situations had to be the 25th of March.  Anything after would be null and void for this draft.  At least that's what was in the OP rules.

True!  I think this draft goes on like that trade did not happen - yikes what a massive deal!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@goskins10 The only picks affected this year are the 3/12/ and 3rd round pick. I can change them really quick if everyone agrees...Just lmk..

In terms of pure picks yes. But impact to the draft, it impacts everyone picking in between as the players picked could be different, especially 4, 5, 6. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@goskins10 The only picks affected this year are the 3/12/ and 3rd round pick. I can change them really quick if everyone agrees...Just lmk..

Considering just one pick in and to make this draft realistic as possible I would agree with changing. 

• Like 4