Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your favorite words/least favorite words

I watched an art seminar put on by a woman and her young daughter, and while I picked up some cool techniques and ideas, I swear I wanted to throw a brick at my monitor after about the twentieth time I had to hear someone say "super excited."

The other phrase I hate that every douchebag in professional sports rattles off "it taught me how to deal with adversity."

I dunno about favorite. A decade ago it might have been luthier.  Maybe libidinous...

Right now my least favorite is "GoTo", as in clients texting me that they want to have a GoToMeeting with me online lol...

My favorite word for the last 30 years is "dad"...I have a daughter. Enough said.

• Like 1

I like the word "nomenclature", it's fun to say.  The f word is my jam when I'm talking to friends.  With people I don't know, I like to toss "sir" and "ma'am" out there quite a bit.  Establishes respect.

My least favorite word right now is "dynamic".  It got really popular around a decade ago, but people still say it like they're unveiling a word you may not have heard before.  People feeling like they just dropped the mic after they say it.

Well, defenestrate is a great word.  

I also like omphaloskepsis.

I'll have to think on ones I don't like.  Usually, it's just the misuse of words or phrases, like "untracked."  That is incorrect.  It is "on track."  Untracked would indicated a derailure as opposed to on track which means on line and heading to the target. 

2 hours ago, China said:

Well, defenestrate is a great word. 

I was just thinking of that one.  It's one of those words where you say "Wait, is this something that happens so frequently that we need a word to describe it?"

^^speaking of defenestration.... my family and i were in Prague some years back, and toured some castle, where defenestration happened. I ask my family what it’s called when you toss someone out a window twice. 

Double defenestration. Yeah, that’s the family joke to this day 😂

also, favorite word: **** or *******

least favorite word: don’t think i have one...

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Foofaraw collywobbles frowsty and argle-bargle are some of my favorites, mostly because they’re fun to say.  

I dislike the word moist, for some reason.  I find myself saying “it’s not dry” when describing a cake, for example, just to avoid saying it.  Not a fan of the word juicy either, when not describing food.  I’ve heard a grub described as “juicy” and it made me want to die.