Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiger Woods involved in major car accident

Well, I mean something happened.  The rush to say nothing was up makes me think something was up. 

I mean, was he texting??? Or what? People normally just don’t drive off the road without breaking.

does that car have lane keeping assist?  Maybe it malfunctioned?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, I mean something happened.  The rush to say nothing was up makes me think something was up. 

I mean, was he texting??? Or what? People normally just don’t drive off the road without breaking.

He was speeding and he isn’t being charged because he is Tiger woods. If it was the average Joe; they would be charged with reckless driving.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

That's what I was thinking. The fact that there were no brake/skid marks makes me believe something was going on cognitively to prevent him from doing so. I'm assuming investigators are able to check for stuff like that. Also, even if he wasn't drunk he could have been under the influence of something else.

Regardless, I could be completely wrong, and if so I'm sorry. I have driven Hawthorne Blvd many times and it is indeed a very windy and steep road as it gets into Palos Verdes and closer to the coast. That entire area is very hilly. It is certainly possible he was speeding around the turn and lost control. He was driving a new SUV, I don't know how capable that particular model is at handling.

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He definitely broke - his leg.

Oh, you meant braking.

• Haha 4

He was not driving home from surgery.  He was en route to play golf/photo shoot with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

He was either texting and driving or dozed off, perhaps a side effect of medication he’s taking from the back surgery he had several weeks ago.  I can’t think of anything else that leads to not braking.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He was not driving home from surgery.  He was en route to play golf/photo shoot with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

This.  In a sponsored car from the previous tournament. 

I'm absolutely positive that this will be a NASA-like investigation.

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s very odd that there is no indication of braking. 

For some reason, he was clearly not paying attention. The natural reaction is to hit the brakes if you lose control. The sheriff saying he wasn’t drunk is meaningless. Most people think pain pills before alcohol when it comes to TW.

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He was speeding and he isn’t being charged because he is Tiger woods. If it was the average Joe; they would be charged with reckless driving.

Seems like he will get an improper driving infraction.  Given his accident history, I am not sure this is appropriate. 

Now, a life lesson (maybe a thread hijack). 

Got in a single car accident when I was young and in college and was charged with reckless driving.  Had to hire a lawyer.  The VA State Trooper apparently decides whether or not to lower the charge and I "could have killed someone" (thankfully I only hurt myself and totalled the car).  At least that was explained to me.  They wouldn't simply give me a traffic ticket.  I was very stressed leading up to the trial in a county outside of where I live. I am not a troublemaker and drove while I was tired, a very poor decision.  I admitted this mistake.  

At the trial the judge (county judge in a small town) said something to the trooper about "you know, if he is convicted of reckless, I will reduce the charge on first offense... do you still want to push for reckless?"  She responded, "yes".  The judge asked me if I had learned my mistake and if I will drive while tired again. Of course not.  He ruled not guilty.

• Like 2

^  Beast Mode.

I got tired on the interstate going 80 mph at a constant rate.  So stupid.  If that wasn't enough, I tried to unlatch the sunshield while going that fast and it jolted me to where I swerved the car with my mom and dogs in it.  Not very dramatic looking, but it is an eery reminder.

I am NOT saying Tiger was on drugs when he wrecked his car this last time.

I am saying he had FIVE drugs in his system the last time he wrecked his car so he may have been on drugs when we wrecked his car this time.  

20 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I am NOT saying Tiger was on drugs when he wrecked his car this last time.

I am saying he had FIVE drugs in his system the last time he wrecked his car so he may have been on drugs when we wrecked his car this time.  

I think it was rather clear he was on a bender the last time.

From all we've seen and heard about his time just leading up to this accident, that doesn't appear to be the case at all.  Sure, he may have been impacted by medications from his surgery - but I think it's pretty clear he wasn't just out getting tore up on every substance he could get his hands on.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think it was rather clear he was on a bender the last time.

From all we've seen and heard about his time just leading up to this accident, that doesn't appear to be the case at all.  Sure, he may have been impacted by medications from his surgery - but I think it's pretty clear he wasn't just out getting tore up on every substance he could get his hands on.

Drug addiction is insidious.  Tiger has operated and wrecked a vehicle in the past under the influence of Oxy.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that this has happened again.

1 minute ago, Rocky21 said:

Drug addiction is insidious.  Tiger has operated and wrecked a vehicle in the past under the influence of Oxy.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that this has happened again.

Not out of the realm of possibility.  But neither is him dropping his phone and reaching to pick it up, reading a text, etc.  

Tigers last accident it was quite obvious that he was on the downside of an awful drug and alcohol infused bender.  Something tells me that at 7am, en route to a photo shoot and golf lesson with Drew Brees, that he wasn’t loaded up on drugs.  

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority here...I just don't get the constant speculation and then assuming that something HAD to be covered up when we got news that Tiger wasn't impaired, like they're shielding him from controversy.

The guy's alive, I'm happy for that.  Maybe he was texting, maybe he dozed off, who knows.  Speculation is exactly that..speculation.  Speaking strictly for myself, I don't feel the need to know what happened.  Just happy he's alive and hope that he can return to golf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I guess I'm in the minority here...I just don't get the constant speculation and then assuming that something HAD to be covered up when we got news that Tiger wasn't impaired, like they're shielding him from controversy.

The guy's alive, I'm happy for that.  Maybe he was texting, maybe he dozed off, who knows.  Speculation is exactly that..speculation.  Speaking strictly for myself, I don't feel the need to know what happened.  Just happy he's alive and hope that he can return to golf.

I also feel all those things.

But I think the speculation is obviously based around the history of such a polarizing figure.

I find it hard to believe that he’s being shielded as well.  If he was visibly impaired, we’d know it.  I can’t imagine all the LE would be in cahoots to protect him.  That doesn’t seem to be in their nature.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31172985/detectives-find-cause-tiger-woods-crash-reveal

Oh **** allllll the way off with the "neener neener neener, we know what happened but won't tell youuuuuuuu" bull****.  I'd rather have them not say anything at all rather than taunting us like a grade schooler on the playground at lunch.  

Let’s speculate wildly!

Also, I hope we’re having pizza for lunch today.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let’s speculate wildly!

Also, I hope we’re having pizza for lunch today.

It's after 5 pm, you haven't eaten lunch yet?

:)

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31172985/detectives-find-cause-tiger-woods-crash-reveal

Oh **** allllll the way off with the "neener neener neener, we know what happened but won't tell youuuuuuuu" bull****.  I'd rather have them not say anything at all rather than taunting us like a grade schooler on the playground at lunch.  

How much is Tiger paying the Sherrif.f..