Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rush Limbaugh Is Dead

Dan T.

1 hour ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

For everyone in this thread mocking this man’s death I hope you find it just as funny when your loved one is dying of cancer. 

It’s called karma and I believe in it. 

we have hopes for you too :ols:

in the 'entertaining object of well-merited mockery just for his stadium efforts' sense

we let you stay around because you often realize them :)

but i have a question---if he had been tied to a chair and set on fire instead :evil:and we had this same thread would you hope that we would think it was just as funny if our loved one was set on fire?

or is that out of the karma zone?

personally, i'd celebrate any form of death that took him without needing to attach that to some other human's fate, which may seem like some strange cognitive ability to you or to gratuitously insipid posturing morons that might drop by in a manner exactly like this, at a time when philosophy partners with science for a unique entertainment experience

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to pile on, because I've been grading student papers for a few hours now, I've lost multiple family members to cancer and every last one of them woulda joined me in gravedancing in joy over this ****stain's passing. Few did more to promote the vile, weaponized whiteness that now passes for politics on the right. Dude was the Enemy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BruceAllenIsFootballGenius

if I had a loved one who was as influential as him, and chose to use such influence to push hate, divisiveness, racism, sexism, bigotry, conspiracy theories, and generally devolved our democratic process into tribalism, I would be able to see that the country is a better place with them gone too. 

people who spend their time causing harm onto others do not deserve praise upon their death; they do not deserve a free pass such that their misdeeds are ignored or glossed over. To the contrary - the man made a life causing harm to many others and monetizing it, and therefore thats exactly what he is being remembered for here. 

if you don’t like what others have to say about you when you die, then that’s a ‘you’ problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I was a Rush Limbaugh listener, in the early 80s.  

In the 70s, in the DC area, my car radio was set for WRC radio, which initially was an all-news station, and transitioned to news talk.  Their afternoon drive time tean consisted pf Pat Buchannan (later conservative Presidential candidate, and former Nixon WH staffer) and Tom Braeaen (Former JFK WH staffer, and author of the autobiographical book Eight Is Enough.)  I liked the news/talk format. I liked their ability to explain the implications of the news, and the fact that they had opposing political views meant they kept each other honest.  

I moved to Norfolk, and could no longer receive WRC.  But I found a local station doing news talk.  I understood that Rush Limbaugh didn't have an opposite number on his show.  But figured that well, he can't just make things up (a belief I no longer retain).  And believed that after years of Braeden and Buchannan, I was educated enough that I could ignore spin, and just get facts.  

Some of my memories of his shows, in those days. 

I remember a period, near the end of the Reagan administration.  Rush was patiently educating his audience that the Liberal Media was going to be hyping some big new scandals that are about to be leaked by a Reagan White House staffer.  And all of you out there should simply ignore every thing you hear about this.  Because, he explained, the source for this information, while he was a Reagan staffer, had chosen to go public with all of these scandalous claims.  And we all know that if this person had any integrity, the he would be honor bound to either remain silent about what he knows, so as to present the public face of a unified White House, or resign.  As long as he's employed by the White House it's his professional duty to keep his insider information inside.  Therefore, this person clearly has neither professionalism nor integrity, and should be ignored.  

And then I remember, a month or so later, tuning in.  And Rush was once again warning his audience that you're going to be hearing things you don't want to hear, soon.  More scandals coming soon.  Scandals which seem similar to the ones we got told to ignore a month ago.  But you see, we should ignore every bit of this.  Because, you see, the person coming forward with these scandals resigned his post in the White House.  And therefore this person is a disgruntled former employee.  And we all know you can't believe anything they say.  

And then I remember a similar show, several weeks later.  Once again, telling us that you're going to be hearing lots and lots of really scandalous things, from a person who actually worked at a high level in the White House.  And you should ignore everything this person says, too.  Because there are rumors that this person is writing a book.  

And coming to the conclusion that a good part of his show's formula, is him telling his audience which parts of reality they should ignore.  And that the reasons he gives, as reasons to ignore this or that piece of reality, don't have to be consistent.  Or even make sense.  Really?  Is "never believe anything said in a book, or by an author" some kind of logical rule?  

I remember listening to him spending over an hour, explaining over and over again that now, all of you listeners out there are going to be hearing something that the Liberal Media is going to be hyping.  And all of your brainwashed liberal friends are going to be telling you this.  So you need to be prepared for when they tell you.  

They're going to tell you that the federal deficit set a new record last year.  For the third year in a row.  And this is liberal propaganda, being pushed by the liberal media to try to brainwash people.  Because, you see, yes, the deficit actually did set a record.  But the Liberals want you to think that this string of ever-increasing deficits is somehow related to the passage of the largest tax cut in history.  And what the Liberals won't tell tell you is that it is a simple fact that all federal deficits are caused 100% by the legislative branch of government.  The US Constitution explicitly says so.  

And I recall thinking that Rush Limbaugh is literally telling his audience that Walter Cronkite telling his audience "The federal deficit set a record last year.  For the third year in a row."  And nothing else. is liberal propaganda.  Because Walter did not follow that simple, clear, statement of fact, with a completely untrue instruction telling people what they should think about that fact.  

- - - - 

Think about the fact that 40 years ago, Rush Limbaugh was intentionally conditioning his audience to ignore any fact or statement that did not look good for the Republican Party.  And maybe you'll understand why I feel like Rush Limbaugh deserves more of the blame for the hole this country is currently in, than any other person I know, including Donald Trump.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

we have hopes for you too :ols:

That's a well-turned phrase. One that I will soon plagiarize. We really do make a great team you and I. Your talent for snappy banter and my ability to steal from you and take credit has greatly boosted my social media cred.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

well, it's far from "every" racist moment, so forgive the hype

and it's just one topic among many so there must be similar compilations out there featuring such :D

wait...we're getting something coming in on the ticker

BREAKING NEWS---

----LIKE GENERAL FRANCISCO FRANCO, RUSH LIMBAUGH IS STILL DEAD-----

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

For everyone in this thread mocking this man’s death I hope you find it just as funny when your loved one is dying of cancer. 

The world is unambiguously a better place without Rush Limbaugh. How he died doesn’t matter.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

If Karma was real, Rush Limbaugh would've drowned in a sewer 20 years ago.
More stupid ****ing fairy tales.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

When you’re first starting as an embryo, the first cells that develop are essentially what is your butthole. Rush started his life as a butthole. He ended his life as a butthole. He spread lots of **** in those 70 years.

Adios, pendejo. 

True story, Rush avoided service in Vietnam due to an “anal cyst”.

• Haha 4