Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations Alex Smith--NFL Comeback Player of the Year

On 3/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's so hard to fathom the apparent fact that Alex's comeback "threw a wrench" in the team's plans, when he is the reason they won the division. Without Alex, there is absolutely a zero chance we win the division. Such irony. If a player is the driving force for a team winning the division, and that's considered a wrench in the plans, my gosh, what would a player be considered if he caused WFT to win the Super Bowl. Would he be a train wreck in their plans ?

Those are Alex Smith's words not the WFT's.  He's entitled to his opinion but that's all it is unless he can prove otherwise.  The team has to plan to move on without him or it would have been rightly seen as a dereliction of their duty.  So Alex Smith "threw a wrench" in the team's plan to do what every team in the NFL would have done in the same situation?  Interesting.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's so hard to fathom the apparent fact that Alex's comeback "threw a wrench" in the team's plans, when he is the reason they won the division. Without Alex, there is absolutely a zero chance we win the division. Such irony. If a player is the driving force for a team winning the division, and that's considered a wrench in the plans, my gosh, what would a player be considered if he caused WFT to win the Super Bowl. Would he be a train wreck in their plans ?

How can you seriously look at a guy who had 6 TDs, 8 INTs and a bottom of the league QBR of 34.8 and say he was the "driving force" for a team winning the division? The team won the division for 2 main reasons: Some great defensive play and absolutely horrible division rivals. They won despite his QB play, not because of it.

The "all he does is win" thing is a tad stale by now considering how awful he was last season. I have tons of respect for him for going through what he did and coming out the other side, but pretty much anyone watching him play last season could tell that he was done. And it's pretty clear that Rivera and his people know it too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Good luck to Alex Smith, wherever he ends up 

Unless it's dallas, philly, or new york.

Or any team playing Washington. :)

Exactly!  I say the same for any player who goes to a different team, no matter how much I like them.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

please stop ols

Stop what....? I saw A YouTube video called “going undercover” where he (Alex Smith) answers questions from fans, the twitter handle being “ActuallyAlexSmith84”, so i asked here, Incase anyone saw that at all.....

good god. Sorry i brought up a cool Alex smith twitter account..........

https://mobile.twitter.com/smith84_alex

(Incase anyone, NOT YOU, wants to check it out, since you think i should “stop”.........)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Stop what....? I saw A YouTube video called “going undercover” where he (Alex Smith) answers questions from fans, the twitter handle being “ActuallyAlexSmith84”, so i asked here, Incase anyone saw that at all.....

good god. Sorry i brought up a cool Alex smith twitter account..........

https://mobile.twitter.com/smith84_alex

(Incase anyone, NOT YOU, wants to check it out, since you think i should “stop”.........

I mean you and twitter.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean you and twitter.

This isn’t one of my “me and twitter” things though. Maybe read what i actually said, hmm? Then you’ll understand why i asked. It’s a cool account, hence why i brought it up. Cool answers to things i havent heard before. 

Should i not share cool things? Is that not allowed, boss? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This isn’t one of my “me and twitter” things though. Maybe read what i actually said, hmm? Then you’ll understand why i asked. It’s a cool account, hence why i brought it up. Cool answers to things i havent heard before. 

What did I quote?

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

What did I quote?

You responded to me simply asking if Alex smith has an account there now. Did you think i was sharing another one of my twitter arguments.....? I was simply wondering if anyone else here had seen his answers to questions on his account, because it’s interesting 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You responded to me simply asking if Alex smith has an account there now. Did you think i was sharing another one of my twitter arguments.....? 

You have a twitter problem. I'm concerned. :ols:

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You have a twitter problem. I'm concerned. :ols:

How is this related in any way to that though? I simply asked if anyone had heard/seen that smith (our now EX-QB) has an account, because his answers are insightful. If you want to discuss THAT, then go ahead. Because what i was intending to bring up NOW, isn’t one of my twitter arguments. It’s something that i feel

might actually be interesting to others. 

heres the video i was referencing, by the way. For those that feel like watching, and not just wanting to bring up my “twitter problems” like a *******. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How is this related in any way to that though? I simply asked if anyone had heard/seen that smith (our now EX-QB) has an account, because his answers are insightful. If you want to discuss THAT, then go ahead. Because what i was intending to bring up NOW, isn’t one of my twitter arguments. It’s something that i feel

might actually be interesting to others. 

heres the video i was referencing, by the way. For those that feel like watching, and not just wanting to bring up my “twitter problems” like a *******. 

Jesus. I know what you're talking about. You keep posting about weird random conversations you get into on twitter for some reason and I made a joke about it, then you posted that Smith had a twitter. Lighten up.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Anyone know if Smith was a normal cut or a June 1 cut?

Are you actually asking if it was a June 1st cut on March 5th?

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jesus. I know what you're talking about. You keep posting about weird random conversations you get into on twitter for some reason and I made a joke about it, then you posted that Smith had a twitter. Lighten up.

Nah, I’m not going to “lighten up”. I posted something INTERESTING instead of one of my arguments, for once, so i dont want “jokes”. You could’ve just simply responded to what i had brought up, or just say nothing at all 🤷🏻‍♂️ Bye 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Are you actually asking if it was a June 1st cut on March 5th?

You know what June 1st cuts are, right? 

i actually had no idea myself until a couple of days ago 

• Like 1